56350 224 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

In case you were wanting to try out Android 12 Developer Preview, the DJI Fly app doesn't work on Android 12 DP 2.1. So hold off if you need DJI Fly on your device, it just crashes imediately.
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Aerial-Pixel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2021-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just experienced the same thing this morning.  Fortunately, I mostly use my Samsung Tab S6 on Android 11 when flying Mini, Mini 2 and MA2 so not a problem.  
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_aRuarI6mCMbl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2286237 ft
United Kingdom

Same for me today. Just upgraded and didn't think of DJI Fly. @DJI, shall I revert to android 11 or is an update pending imminently to resolve this? Thanks in advance.
2021-4-14
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aRuarI6mCMbl Posted at 4-14 14:39
Same for me today. Just upgraded and didn't think of DJI Fly. @DJI, shall I revert to android 11 or is an update pending imminently to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I'm stuck on Android 12, my device isn't unlocked, I'm on Verizon, so I have to just live with it until a fix is done. At least I have an older device on Android 11 I can use temporarily. Maybe when the Air 2S comes out tomorrow and DJI Fly 1.4 comes out they will have fixed it, but I'm not holding my breath.
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_aRuarI6mCMbl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2286237 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 4-14 14:50
Unfortunately I'm stuck on Android 12, my device isn't unlocked, I'm on Verizon, so I have to just live with it until a fix is done. At least I have an older device on Android 11 I can use temporarily. Maybe when the Air 2S comes out tomorrow and DJI Fly 1.4 comes out they will have fixed it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Any joy with the update for you?
2021-4-16
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aRuarI6mCMbl Posted at 4-16 14:23
Any joy with the update for you?

Nope, same thing, just force closes instantly. Boo
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_Vcwgo1Y2lreG
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem with my Pixel 5 with the latest Android 12. Have I wait for DJI Fly fix or I don't have choice to downgrade Android version?
2021-4-17
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Vcwgo1Y2lreG Posted at 4-17 16:38
Same problem with my Pixel 5 with the latest Android 12. Have I wait for DJI Fly fix or I don't have choice to downgrade Android version?

Mine is also a Pixel 5, unfortunately I can't downgrade because I don't have the unlocked version, I'm on Verizon
2021-4-17
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 20:31
Hello there Aerial-Pixel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Unfortunately the Android 12 issue is with all of DJI's apps. All of them crash on startup, DJI Go 4, DJI Fly, Mimo, Ronin and even the DJI Store. DJI has some real work to do to get their Android apps up to speed over the next couple months. I haven't had this issue with any other apps, it just must have to do with the way the programming is done on DJI's end.
2021-4-17
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello there Aerial-Pixel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Android 12 Developer Preview 3 (DP3) was released yesterday. None of DJI's apps are compatible still Most important for me right now is to get DJI Fly App going. I've tried the latest 1.4.0 version of the Fly app and it still just force closes immediately. It's really strange that every DJI app does this, I haven't had issues with any other app, just DJI's. Android 12 Beta is coming out in just a couple weeks where there will be a lot more people installing it, DJI may want to get an early jump on this.
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_XG6C3LmID7fI
lvl.2

Italy

Same problem here with DJI Fly app and Android 12 DP3 with my Pixel 5: it is the olny app that doesn't work anymore...
Hoping for a fix in a short time, beta is arriving and I suspect many more users will have troubles!
2021-4-28
Use props
outkastz
New

United States

This seems to be the only relevant thread for Android 12. I understand i'm reporting for a different app, but same issue.

Saw a great deal on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 the other day, snatched it up. It arrived this morning and I was quite excited to test it out. I downloaded the nearly 400mb app, that doesn't open. No errors, no nothing. Read a bit online and saw that I should probably download the apk from the DJI website. Why does the website have a different version than the play store? I'll never know. I do this, same result. The Osmo can supposedly work with third party apps and stabilize just fine but only after it's initially activated with the Mimo app that I can't open. I effectively ordered a flaccid brick. This will be my first and last DJI product and experience with the company. Great job!

Honestly don't care if you fix it, by the time you reply it's already been returned.
2021-4-28
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

outkastz Posted at 4-28 05:52
This seems to be the only relevant thread for Android 12. I understand i'm reporting for a different app, but same issue.

Saw a great deal on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 the other day, snatched it up. It arrived this morning and I was quite excited to test it out. I downloaded the nearly 400mb app, that doesn't open. No errors, no nothing. Read a bit online and saw that I should probably download the apk from the DJI website. Why does the website have a different version than the play store? I'll never know. I do this, same result. The Osmo can supposedly work with third party apps and stabilize just fine but only after it's initially activated with the Mimo app that I can't open. I effectively ordered a flaccid brick. This will be my first and last DJI product and experience with the company. Great job!

As mentioned above this happens with ALL DJI apps and Android 12. I've had the same immediate Force Close issue an Android 12 Developer Preview 3 on these DJI apps (all of which I use on a regular basis):
- DJI FLY
- DJI Go 4
- DJI Go
- DJI Mimo
- DJI Ronin
- DJI Store
Glad I have other Android devices to get me buy till DJI can figure this out, No other apps crash other than DJI apps, so It must be the way DJI programs something.
2021-4-28
Use props
donald23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244252 ft
Germany

I saw the exact thing happening when Android 11 was in Dev preview and later on even beta.
Only when the final release of Android 11 came around, DJI GO 4 finally updated to work with that.

I'm sorry for you folks who can't use the apps right now. But I'm really grateful you checked this and posted, to save me the trouble.

I'm really hoping DJI will be faster this time around!
2021-5-1
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2

Italy

donald23 Posted at 5-1 13:40
I saw the exact thing happening when Android 11 was in Dev preview and later on even beta.
Only when the final release of Android 11 came around, DJI GO 4 finally updated to work with that.

Given the above information and the difficult relationship between DJI and Google nowadays, I went back to Android 11...
2021-5-4
Use props
majkl_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4570 ft
Czechia

Android 12 Beta 1 has been released yesterday, graduating from developer preview phase. Unfortunately the same problem persists with DJI Fly - 1.4.0 crashes immediately after start on my Pixel 5.
Surprisingly enough there is also version 1.4.2 in Huawei AppGallery (while there is only 1.4.0 on DJI's website), updated yesterday, unfortunately that one crashes as well.

Downgrade is not an option for me so I'm now stuck being unable to use my drone, supposed to work with "Android 6.0 or later"...
2021-5-18
Use props
dega76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34688 ft
Switzerland

Crap, too late for me now. Did the update on the Pixel 4a yesterday and now the app is not working anymore... Any workaround, without downgrade, known?
2021-5-18
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

majkl_ Posted at 5-18 17:39
Android 12 Beta 1 has been released yesterday, graduating from developer preview phase. Unfortunately the same problem persists with DJI Fly - 1.4.0 crashes immediately after start on my Pixel 5.
Surprisingly enough there is also version 1.4.2 in Huawei AppGallery (while there is only 1.4.0 on DJI's website), updated yesterday, unfortunately that one crashes as well.

1.4.2 is available in the Downloads section on DJI's site, still crashes on Android 12 Beta.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_CGP5lw1UtWbj
lvl.1

United States

I just installed the Android 12 beta 1 on my Pixel 4xl and dji fly app force closes immediately upon launch. I gotta use my wife's phone when I want to fly now, until dji decides to update their app. Also why is their app not in the play store? This seems very fishy.
2021-5-19
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi @DJI Stephen, Android 12 is now out of Developer Preview and into Beta as of yesterday. All of DJI's apps still force close on the new operating system. With the new comments coming in it looks like a lot of Android users are upgrading and then are disappointed when all DJI's apps force close.  Do you know if DJI is working on this?
2021-5-19
Use props
CaptainKirk406
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330748 ft
United States

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon. Was hoping such a tech oriented company would keep up with dev and beta builds. Shame.
2021-5-20
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

An Android 12 Beta version is available for the DJI Fly app now on DJI's Download section here is the link: https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 4-825f-d94344385628 It does work on my Pixel 5 with Android 12 Beta
2021-5-20
Use props
sadc_69
lvl.2

Italy

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 5-20 09:18
An Android 12 Beta version is available for the DJI Fly app now on DJI's Download section here is the link: https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/eb95af7a-a51c-41e4-825f-d94344385628 It does work on my Pixel 5 with Android 12 Beta

Hello there Aerial-Pixel, so in your opinion is it a GO to come back to Android 12 with my Pixel 5 too?
Thanks for your link! Any changelog available?
2021-5-20
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sadc_69 Posted at 5-20 10:56
Hello there Aerial-Pixel, so in your opinion is it a GO to come back to Android 12 with my Pixel 5 too?
Thanks for your link! Any changelog available?

DJI Did not post a change log for this one (that I saw anyway). If you only use DJI Fly and no other DJI app you will be OK, as of right now, Fly is the only DJI app that works.
2021-5-20
Use props
majkl_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4570 ft
Czechia

An Android 12 Beta version is available for the DJI Fly app now on DJI's Download section here is the link: https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/eb95af7a-a51c-41e4-825f-d94344385628 It does work on my Pixel 5 with Android 12 Beta

Thanks, I can confirm it works on my Pixel 5 as well.
I chatted about this issue with online support yesterday and today there's a working build, what a coincidence.
2021-5-20
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

majkl_ Posted at 5-20 11:21
Thanks, I can confirm it works on my Pixel 5 as well.
I chatted about this issue with online support yesterday and today there's a working build, what a coincidence.

Yeah, I have been hounding them pretty hard since the Release of DP1 a while back (a lot of others too), glad the release of the app coincided with the release of the Beta.
2021-5-20
Use props
GNUGradyn
New
United States

I use both DJI fly and DJI go (before p4 version). The DJI fly beta works fine. Any hope for DJI go (before P4 version) coming to android 12 or is it abandonware?
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_xBWBRMbvO3bu
New

United States

outkastz Posted at 4-28 05:52
This seems to be the only relevant thread for Android 12. I understand i'm reporting for a different app, but same issue.

Saw a great deal on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 the other day, snatched it up. It arrived this morning and I was quite excited to test it out. I downloaded the nearly 400mb app, that doesn't open. No errors, no nothing. Read a bit online and saw that I should probably download the apk from the DJI website. Why does the website have a different version than the play store? I'll never know. I do this, same result. The Osmo can supposedly work with third party apps and stabilize just fine but only after it's initially activated with the Mimo app that I can't open. I effectively ordered a flaccid brick. This will be my first and last DJI product and experience with the company. Great job!

You downloaded an Android developer beta, you can in no way blame DJI for this, this is the risk that comes with installing beta software on your phone
2021-5-27
Use props
cbelter
New

Canada

An Android 12 Beta version is available for the DJI Fly app now on DJI's Download section here is the link: https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/eb95af7a-a51c-41e4-825f-d94344385628 It does work on my Pixel 5 with Android 12 Beta

This works! I have a pixel 5 and am stuck with the beta upgrade and can't downgrade. Thank you for this.
2021-6-11
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cbelter Posted at 6-11 06:42
This works! I have a pixel 5 and am stuck with the beta upgrade and can't downgrade. Thank you for this.

Glad to help!
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328556 ft
Italy

Hi there!
Don't let your Beta DJI Fly update by itself when launched: I did it this morning and then it didn't work anymore in Android 12
I had to uninstall it and go back to the "old" beta release
Probably "our" beta release checks for new versions as the regular one and then installs the latest one, obviously still non compatible with Android 12...
2021-6-17
Use props
Zangura
New

Georgia

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 4-14 14:50
Unfortunately I'm stuck on Android 12, my device isn't unlocked, I'm on Verizon, so I have to just live with it until a fix is done. At least I have an older device on Android 11 I can use temporarily. Maybe when the Air 2S comes out tomorrow and DJI Fly 1.4 comes out they will have fixed it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was in 12 beta and only need opt out from beta and automatically back to 11, no neet reset settings, just update for 11 and thats all
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_RHwhzl0aylWV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2198681 ft
United States

I'm still on 11 with my note10+ and have a Samsung  s7 and haven't gotten 1 decent flight hell hardly get 2 minutes into a flight and app crashes. I've deleted and reinstall still don't work got 2k worth of papers weights.
2021-8-14
Use props
djiuser_aRS5PvgQtAuM
lvl.1

Canada

Still no support for Android 12...
2021-9-12
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aRS5PvgQtAuM Posted at 9-12 13:35
Still no support for Android 12...

You still have to use the Android 12 Beta version on DJI's website here:
https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 4-825f-d94344385628
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_MUYYCcK0m8AY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7337162 ft
United States

The DJI store app does not work currently on android 12. In fact no DJI apps work on android 12. The only way to have them work is go to the DJI website and get the version of the fly app that says android Beta. But this version of the DJI fly app is not the most up to date version and keeps on prompting for update.
2021-9-14
Use props
R4P70R
lvl.1

Switzerland

And this beta version is only available for the DJI Fly. I still can't use the Mavic 2 Pro with my phone right now.
2021-9-19
Use props
DJI User4110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168284 ft
United States

Hello to all, for all those that have android phones using android 12 beta Dji has released today version 1.4.12 and it is working fine , no crashes!!!
2021-10-8
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It appears the latest version of DJI Go 4 is also working now on Android 12 as well.
Screenshot_20211009-102723.png
2021-10-9
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules