o(^-^)o
BDJQP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236745 ft
Poland

I decided to contact the support few days ago and today I received:

Dear X,
thank you for reaching out to DJI Support

We are working to make the Android 12 family compatible with the DJI Fly app again. Please have a little patience. Several compatibility tests will be carried out as soon as possible to ensure stability of use.
If you have an urgent flight mission, we recommend that you use a replacement mobile device to carry out the mission instead of this device to avoid the mission not being able to be carried out due to compatibility issues.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3YaoKjYVNATJ Posted at 11-29 09:11
Hi DJI Gamora. Almost one month since you commented on my anxious mood. Are there any updates now? My anxious mood is getting more anxious by the day.

Hi, there. We fully understand your feeling. We have update DJI Fly on our official website, please download it and check if the problem persists. Thank you for your patience.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, guys. Thank for your waiting. Our engineer has update DJI Fly on our official website, please download it and check if the problem persists. Thank you for your patience.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

killianFR Posted at 11-29 03:32
Hi everyone,

I have a Pixel 6 Pro too, and can't fly aswell even with the latest update. I discovered this on site so I had to ask my colleague's iphone.

Hi, there. We fully understand your feeling. We have update DJI Fly on our official website, please download it and check if the problem persists. Thank you for your patience.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_hjlVdCcUBXuP Posted at 11-28 12:07
Samsung galaxy s21 when connected, the screen is black like everyone else's

2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_9Nmeto6Flc0t Posted at 11-28 09:49
Pixel 6 Pro with DJI Fly 1.5.1, same black video feed issue as everyone else.

2021-11-30
Use props
BDJQP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236745 ft
Poland

I CAN CONFIRM IT WORKS now on my Galaxy S21 Ultra properly! Wow...it took too long.

However, who thought it will be good to leave version number the same as already existing (1.5.1) while changing only build number?
Because of that, the update doesn't show up on previous 1.5.1 version of the app but it updates fine when downloaded manually from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_8cNNNKDh7V1u
New
Flight distance : 395755 ft
Bulgaria

I also can confirm that is working on S21 Ultra (Air 2S; Mini 2) . It is needed to delete the app and download the latest one from DJI website  manually(the update is not automatically pushed when open the app). Latest update version is visible on the screenshots.
Screenshot_20211130-160841.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-160736.jpg
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Chad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238087 ft
United States

Pixel 6 is now working!!!  Thank you!
2021-11-30
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51670 ft
Austria

now everything works on ANDROID 12
Screenshot_20211130-195353.jpg
2021-11-30
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I confirm. Works correctly on my Galaxy S21U and Android 12.
2021-11-30
Use props
fans1d4f183c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210705 ft
United Kingdom

Can confirm fixed now for s21 ultra and air 2s. Now getting the video feed . Thanks for sorting .
2021-11-30
Use props
JayMavPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352474 ft
United Kingdom

A moment ago..

Hi. Uninstalled and reinstalled via the DJI download page and yes I can confirm it is now working ! Thanks DJI. Now don't let this happen again! ;)

Also. Change the version number to reflect the change..no ?
2021-11-30
Use props
fansc264ef89
New
United States

Yeah I was about to upgrade drones.... I will wait a while before I upgrade to the Mavic 3.
2021-11-30
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

new version ( still labeled 1.5.1 but with 2025 on the end ,, now works with my pixel 6 pro .. .better late than never   uninstall your exisiting 1.5.1 then re download off dji site and re install
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_XbvWBRKlY8Sf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

New update out 1.5.1 (2025) offical dji site installed and can confirm working on android 12 Samsung galaxy s21 ultra
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_GFjhWhUBOKTj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143386 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 04:16

Hi, here only first start will work on android 12, next app start crash and , also clear cache will not help. :-(

Galaxy S21+ 5G
SM-G996B/DS
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_GFjhWhUBOKTj Posted at 12-1 13:27
Hi, here only first start will work on android 12, next app start crash and , also clear cache will not help. :-(

Galaxy S21+ 5G

Hi, there. Could you provide us with a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? You can try to upload it to the Google Drive/ Dropbox so that we could download it. Please try to uninstall the current DJI Fly App and then reinstall the latest version of DJI Fly via our official website? Thanks.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_GFjhWhUBOKTj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143386 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 19:12
Hi, there. Could you provide us with a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? You can try to upload it to the Google Drive/ Dropbox so that we could download it. Please try to uninstall the current DJI Fly App and then reinstall the latest version of DJI Fly via our official website? Thanks.

Hi the link will not work in the message here

://drive.google.com/file/d/1kNXWefbXaTJN7B-GZaPc0mitBjoN6e4r/view?usp=drivesdk
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_OPp9EMMnLFig
New

Canada

Hi there,

Pixel 5 user here with up to date Android 12. The Fly app kept crashing so I uninstalled it and downloading again from the DJI website. It downloads but when I click the download it says, "can't open file". Any suggestions?
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_mTXRigKnXu6z
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 20:31
Hello there Aerial-Pixel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

I have a Pixel 5 with Android 12 and this is frustrating. Please fix.
2021-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_GFjhWhUBOKTj Posted at 12-2 12:54
Hi the link will not work in the message here

://drive.google.com/file/d/1kNXWefbXaTJN7B-GZaPc0mitBjoN6e4r/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi, there. I'm sorry to tell you that we do not have permission to access this link and cannot see your information.
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_OPp9EMMnLFig
New

Canada

djiuser_OPp9EMMnLFig Posted at 12-3 07:47
Hi there,

Pixel 5 user here with up to date Android 12. The Fly app kept crashing so I uninstalled it and downloading again from the DJI website. It downloads but when I click the download it says, "can't open file". Any suggestions?

Update: I tried again the next morning to install and it worked! Thanks to whoever fixed this.
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_LKhQ0KjkUE4g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5692 ft

Germany

djiuser_GFjhWhUBOKTj Posted at 12-1 13:27
Hi, here only first start will work on android 12, next app start crash and , also clear cache will not help. :-(

Galaxy S21+ 5G

Same here, same phone with the mini 2. First time the app starts, but I don't get live view, only black screen. Pictures can be taken and look normal. Then I close and try to reopen the app, instantly crashes from then on.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_yIAsf2oHNVZh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573291 ft

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Any new update??? Those from samsung are stupid to fix it now...

Problem on S21 Ultra...
2021-12-7
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm the latest Fly app on DJI's website 1.5.1 (2025) works with the Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12 on the Mavic 3
2021-12-7
Use props
WillAleks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1346417 ft
Brazil

The app crashes when I have "media vs files", permission, you can try to remove this permission and run, it works, but if you go to configuration and allow this permission it will crash. I really hate this permission thing with android 12,I'll roll back this version until they release a 12.1 or something
2021-12-7
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WillAleks Posted at 12-7 11:04
The app crashes when I have "media vs files", permission, you can try to remove this permission and run, it works, but if you go to configuration and allow this permission it will crash. I really hate this permission thing with android 12,I'll roll back this version until they release a 12.1 or something

For Android 12 you have to have the media files in the photo storage location.  There should have been a pop-up warning about this,  If there wasn't, uninstall the app and reinstall it again and it should come up.
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_fRtIFnvOQqzQ
New

United States

I just moved 2400 miles to use my phatom 4 v2 with my S21 ultra on Verizon. Is there any work around I can ot pay 800 for the built in screen controller please help
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_SYDBfRQr5xCV
New

Lithuania

Cmon dji. Dont mess about. I have 1500 euro of fu**** Dji equipment lygin on the table and not that its useless now and i cant make any content thats cost me big bucks. Thats a ground for a lawsuit. I aint gonna tolerate this. Cmon you useless twits this is not a first time so no lenience from me.
2021-12-9
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SYDBfRQr5xCV Posted at 12-9 20:29
Cmon dji. Dont mess about. I have 1500 euro of fu**** Dji equipment lygin on the table and not that its useless now and i cant make any content thats cost me big bucks. Thats a ground for a lawsuit. I aint gonna tolerate this. Cmon you useless twits this is not a first time so no lenience from me.

Everything is working now, why the attitude?
2021-12-9
Use props
empathy
New

Russia

WillAleks Posted at 12-7 11:04

As a temprorary solution you (and me) can use airplane mode when starts DJI FLY. It will start and not crash, then you can disable airplane mode.
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_YDnDkDm2GLik
New
Flight distance : 47979 ft
Germany

I uninstalled the app multiple times, downloaded the APK many times, reinstalled .. I am at version 1.5.1 and have a Mavic Mini a and Samsung S21Ultra. The app ran stable since I downloaded the first apk instead of the appstore app. But still black screen, no improvement on my site. Any suggestion what I can try? ( I already tried cache clear, camera aspect ratio, channel auto/manual, checked the app permissions manually, .. ) It seems I am out of luck ?!
2021-12-10
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YDnDkDm2GLik Posted at 12-10 07:32
I uninstalled the app multiple times, downloaded the APK many times, reinstalled .. I am at version 1.5.1 and have a Mavic Mini a and Samsung S21Ultra. The app ran stable since I downloaded the first apk instead of the appstore app. But still black screen, no improvement on my site. Any suggestion what I can try? ( I already tried cache clear, camera aspect ratio, channel auto/manual, checked the app permissions manually, .. ) It seems I am out of luck ?!

1.5.4 is on DJI's website now. The version 1.5.1 that was previously on the website still needed to be updated to the latest build through the app to get all the bugs worked out. The new 1.5.4 incorporates everything.
2021-12-10
Use props
Goleador88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 826496 ft
Italy

Buongiorno, io attualmente ho Samsung Galaxy S21 ULTRA, Android 11 e versione 1.4.0 della DJI Fly. Tutto funziona correttamente. Non ho fatto più aggiornamenti dopo che sono iniziati i problemi nelle versioni DJI FLY successive.
Ora il telefono mi propone l'aggiornamento ad Android 12, ma non l'ho ancora fatto per paura che si blocchi tutto.
Qualcuno mi può assicurare che con S21 ULTRA, Android 12 e l'ultima versione 1.5.4 della DJI FLY funziona TUTTO correttamente?
Grazie.
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_NdUqKLRgJXMb
New

Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 20:31
Hello there Aerial-Pixel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Good afternoon, we are at December 13, 2021 and it still does not work with Android 12 DJ fly with Samsung 21+, is there a solution date? Thanks
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_CXXSL33QYZpy
New

Russia

Не работает приложение  уже более 10 дней, мой дрон как кирпич air 2s .
2021-12-14
Use props
elmar71
New
Flight distance : 47979 ft
Germany

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 12-10 08:01
1.5.4 is on DJI's website now. The version 1.5.1 that was previously on the website still needed to be updated to the latest build through the app to get all the bugs worked out. The new 1.5.4 incorporates everything.

indeed, 1.5.4 finally solved it on my end!!! Happy flying everyone.
2021-12-15
Use props
Raul G
lvl.1

Romania

Hello. Same problem. I installed the latest version 1.5.4. Is running when you first lounch the app but when you try second time is crashing. Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra 5G(G998B/DS) and android 12 . Please do something because I cant use my Air 2S, is just paper wait...
2021-12-16
Use props
tjk_flyer
lvl.1
United States

I understand the APK is available on the DJI website, but this NEEDS to be published to the Google (or Samsung) app store.  I cannot install an APK as my phone is locked to be compatible for my work.  It is really terrible that you are not making these applications available through a public app store.  

version 1.4.1 is still published on Samsung's app store which doesn't solve the problem.  I implore you DJI to get your act together and fix this app, but then also follow the standards of deploying it to a public app store.
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules