lvl.1
Flight distance : 25991 ft
United States

What happened to the white goggles
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rcman1968. Good day and for sharing these information with us. As more advanced DJI products are released, older DJI products reach their End of Life ( EOL ). But the product is still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-4-6
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The old white DJI Goggles haven't been available for a number of years. They seemed to be discontinued almost as soon as they were released. I still have a pair (and a pair of the Goggles RE) that I still use with my Mavic Pro 2 and occasionally with my Smart Controller via HDMI.
Sometimes you can find them used on Amazon or Ebay, etc. But they're long since out of production.
2021-4-7
Use props
Rcman1968
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25991 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 4-7 04:39
The old white DJI Goggles haven't been available for a number of years. They seemed to be discontinued almost as soon as they were released. I still have a pair (and a pair of the Goggles RE) that I still use with my Mavic Pro 2 and occasionally with my Smart Controller via HDMI.
Sometimes you can find them used on Amazon or Ebay, etc. But they're long since out of production.

Thanks for the response I bought my in Feb 2020 off Amazon. My brother is buying the air 2 and could not find the white goggles. Do you know what goggles will work with the air 2
2021-4-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rcman1968 Posted at 4-7 06:53
Thanks for the response I bought my in Feb 2020 off Amazon. My brother is buying the air 2 and could not find the white goggles. Do you know what goggles will work with the air 2

No goggles will work with the Air 2. The only option for using goggles with an MA2 is a) some kind of HDMI pass-through connector for your smart device that will mirror its screen or b) the Smart Controller. A) I've never been able to find for any of my apple devices, but I do have the Smart Controller - you can use its HDMI out to go into either the white goggles or the goggles RE.

It doesn't work super well, as the feed out of the HDMI is kind of jerky and stuttery, but it's acceptable. I've used both my white and goggles RE with my MA2 this way and it's useable.

But the best is to connect to the Mavic Pro 2 (or Phantom 4 Pro V2) wirelessly via Ocusync. Then the feed is very smooth and good quality 1080p. The latency is very high, but on a GPS camera drone, you don't really need low latency to fly them FPV....

But for the MA2, those are the only options.
2021-4-7
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Rcman1968 Posted at 4-7 06:53

Apparently the Air 2S will eventually work with the new FPV Goggles V2.
I wouldn't buy anything based on this promise until it has been shown to actually work.
The FPV Goggles V2 do not work with earlier DJI drones.
2021-4-21
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-21 11:28
Apparently the Air 2S will eventually work with the new FPV Goggles V2.
I wouldn't buy anything based on this promise until it has been shown to actually work.
The FPV Goggles V2 do not work with earlier DJI drones.

Unfortunately, DJI has recently indicated they have no plans to allow the V2 Goggles or the motion controller to be used with the air 2S.  Check the new 2S FAQs at the bottom of list.

https://www.dji.com/air-2s/faq
2021-4-22
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

scoble08 Posted at 4-22 06:31
Unfortunately, DJI has recently indicated they have no plans to allow the V2 Goggles or the motion controller to be used with the air 2S.  Check the new 2S FAQs at the bottom of list.

https://www.dji.com/air-2s/faq

"DJI has recently indicated they have no plans to allow the V2 Goggles or the motion controller to be used with the air 2S."

I suppose I should be glad to be saving $1000.
Still it sure seems like those Air 2S with the V2 would be a fun combination.
Thanks for the information.
2021-4-22
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-22 07:28
"DJI has recently indicated they have no plans to allow the V2 Goggles or the motion controller to be used with the air 2S."

I suppose I should be glad to be saving $1000.

Yeah...I feel the same way.  At least I can still use my Goggles RE and my M2Z to do FPV....actually works really well!
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules