OSMO+ Update Firmware / Inspire on DJI Go
859 1 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.pingel88
lvl.1

United States

This thing is a piece of trash, and if I didn't have money invested in the purchase and replacement of the WiFi module, I would just set it in a pile of tannerite and blow it up.

Osmo+. Sent off to DJI for repair and they told me the WiFi module needed to be replaced. I replaced the module myself without issue with a brand new unit. Powers up with a green system status indicator and a yellow camera status indicator. Both are solid meaning that there is a MicroSD card error. I grabbed a cheap 8gb card that was included with my 3D Printer and attempted the firmware update procedure

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/en/Osmo_Firmware_Upgrade_Guide_en_1225.pdf

The video I found online also says to press the record, trigger, and power switch for 3 seconds and release simultaneously to enter the upgrade process. Neither of these methods generate a red/green flashing light.

Also, I can connect to the Osmo+ WiFi and when I go to the DJI Go app, it automatically defaults to the Inspire 1, and removes the ability to select other models like it does before I select the WiFi connection. Whenever I enter the CAMERA under Inspire 1, it does not show any video, and tells me that I need to update. When I go into the settings menu, I see a 0mb capacity on my memory card and no ability to format it.

Before using, I formatted with FAT32 and Default Allocation Size, dragged and dropped the firmware OSMO_FC350Z_FW_V01.07.01.00.bin file onto a freshly formatted card, and popped it in. I am not sure if there is a special file structure that it needs to have the bin file in a different "root directory"..... If anyone can shed some light and get this going, I would really appreciate it.
2021-4-6
Use props
m.pingel88
lvl.1

United States

Some more information, the camera status light (LEFT)  stays solid yellow constantly. When I boot without microsd, when I boot with microsd, when I boot with and remove during power on.... It is constantly stuck. @DJI-Thor said in another thread Here that it is a common issue, does anyone have insight into this?
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules