Mini hit water after motor quit/cease only month old at time and dji wont fix
721 6 2021-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronekiller66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4749213 ft
Canada

Took off with my mini 2 got about 20 m away and and right front motor quit or ceased then hit water and dji wont fix and drone was only month old they say water damage and not covered under warranty im like i told them that i dont care about the water damage its why it hit the water that im mad about .i own six dji drones never had a problem this is the first time ive had to deal with service and im not impressed did they even look at flight rec ?
Case # CAS-6034117-L9W7X2
2021-4-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unsatisfied experience. We are now taking a look on your case and will send it with the corresponding team to follow up, thank you for your patience.
2021-4-7
Use props
dronekiller66
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-7 03:36
Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unsatisfied experience. We are now taking a look on your case and will send it with the corresponding team to follow up, thank you for your patience.

Thanks for giving it a second look and a quick reply if anything needed let me know .
2021-4-7
Use props
dronekiller66
lvl.1
Canada

Well this was the response from service

DJI Support (Support)

2021年4月9日 GMT+84:43

Dear James,

Good day! In reference to the case number CAS-6034117-L9W7X2, a repair bill has been sent to your email already. Once settled, our repair facility will start with repair process as soon as possible. Please note that no specific details on the crash incident is described; hence, it was deemed a regular repair with valid charges. In the event that you wish to understand what happened during the incident, please provide us a copy of the proof of purchase or DJI Order number so we can check if data analysis is an option for you.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Regards,
Lyndone
DJI Supp
2021-4-8
Use props
dronekiller66
lvl.1
Canada

and my reply

I would like like data on incident please here is another proof of purchase as I know the motor quit causing it to drop out of the sky as it was witnessed by several people so this was a new drone one of 6 that have been purchased and i am not new to flying drones I have crashed all of them and know when its pilot error but this one was not me this is the only one of my drones where it was malfunction of your product so please provide me with data showing all motors turning when it hit the water. As I have been a loyal DJI customer for years and this is the first time I have had to deal with your service department in hoping its a good as your products but its not off to a good start
2021-4-8
Use props
dronekiller66
lvl.1
Canada

What does everyone else think ? Am I wrong ?or should I just drop it and move on ?or fight to the bitter end ?well I'm a fight to the bitter end kind of guy and I know what happened in not gonna give up these drones are not cheap and if I crashed and it my fault im the first to admit it but not this time .New drone motor quit /ceased dropped out of sky crashed DJI should replace/fix with out question but not so they want $500 cad to repair and have not showed any proof all motors were running as I know the motor stopped witnessed by several people but its seem DJI is only concerned with MONEY not customers
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dronekiller66 Posted at 4-7 06:45
Thanks for giving it a second look and a quick reply if anything needed let me know .

I had escalated your request and our corresponding team is following up on your case. Please wait for the email update. Thanks.
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules