Minimum Flying Temp
3431 9 2014-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
lvl.1

Canada

Hi

does anyone know what the min flying temp is for a 2 plus is please?  I have emailed DJI several times but not heard anything back. I live in Canada and would love to take some video once it snows.

thanks
2014-11-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Reading the manual would have saved you the trouble of emailing.
Camera operating temp 0 to 40 degrees Celsius.
Although I have seen posts from people who have flown in much colder temps.
2014-11-24
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

They can fly a much colder temperature but the battery life is reduced and may not last as long as reported charge.
2014-11-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

What is the temperature in your city?
And when you want to take the video? When it snows or after snow?
2014-11-25
Use props
michael
lvl.1

Canada

It's not that cold at the moment, but last winter we had some really clear days, no wind, clear skies but -20. I really would like to take it out after it has snowed.
2014-11-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I took mine up after the snow last week.  It was -4c and I was able to get about 12 minutes of video before the battery hit 30% mark.  So, the battery power is severely diminished on the super cold days.
2014-11-25
Use props
michael
lvl.1

Canada

good to know, thanks Gerry. I read somewhere that someone took theirs out in -20 and the iphone crapped out but the drone was fine
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

michael@mybirch Posted at 2014-11-26 06:17
good to know, thanks Gerry. I read somewhere that someone took theirs out in -20 and the iphone crap ...

Just make sure you know~
Low temperature adversely affect the performance of battery and some other electronics components. Make sure you have fully understood the impact and do the warming up well.
BTW, I do not suggest you to do this, just take care!
cheers;-)
2014-11-25
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-11-26 10:36
Just make sure you know~
Low temperature adversely affect the performance of battery and some othe ...

DJI-Autumn,  that is the most honest and respectable answer I've seen so far from a DJI support member.
Despite your informative precautionary advice, you clearly advise them not to do it, knowing full well they will in fact be flying in very adverse weather.

This is how support should be, The products are going to evolve and be subjected to various mods and situations. Being realistic about it is going to get you more respect in the forums rather than those who just repeat the same old blurb... Good effort sir.....
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-26 10:43
DJI-Autumn,  that is the most honest and respectable answer I've seen so far from a DJI support me ...

THX for your encouragement!!
I need to learn a lot from profesional users like you in this forum , so it's important to be realistic and modest.
Sometime I make mistakes but I will keep learning and try my best to help users enjoy SAFE flight!
THX again;-)
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules