Any way to get gyro data out of DJI FPV drone?
5240 3 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31253550 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi everyone :-) Does anybody know is it possible somehow to get gyro data out of DJI FPV drone to stabilize its footage using GoPro Reelsteady Go app? The native EIS is quite good, when compared to GoPro Hypersmooth and Insta360 Flowstate, but not even close to post-stabilization in Reelsteady. I already saw examples where people mounted gyroscopes on the top of the drone and used that data for footage stabilization in post. Also many pilots started mounting GoPro on top of the DJI FPV drone. Both solutions IMHO are far from optimal, but they give more smooth cinematic footage.

It would be greatly beneficial if DJI would release its own stabilization software, that uses gyro data to smooth out all erratic movements the drone does during the flight, so the footage gets even more smoother. The problem is that this software is needed right now, not in a year, when they release an DJI FPV 2 ;-) So the only way to get really good footage right now is to extract gyro data that, I’m sure, can be stored somewhere in the drone.

Any ideas where can it be?
2021-4-7
Use props
MCWH7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

There doesn't seem to be a way unfortunately
2021-4-8
Use props
Above Barbados
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5763537 ft
  • >>>
Barbados

+1 really wish they would add this feature. The only disappointment I have with the FPV is the smoothness of the footage, it's not a patch on a GoPro + RSGo. Being able to export the FC data would solve this.
2021-4-20
Use props
Luisinho83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856752 ft
Spain

Looks like there is a way, even though it is quite tiresome.

Take a look at this link https://github.com/gyroflow/gyroflow/issues/426
2022-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules