Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When are the FPV v2 Goggles coming back in stock?
3539 33 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When are the v2 goggles coming back in stock, I ordered them in January and the ETA keeps creaping up and up! come on dji, need to fly!
2021-4-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Doesn't really matter as the V2's are bricked from the factory right now anyway - the firmware is broken and you can't activate them without the FPV drone. I'd wait until a firmware update comes out that fixes that first before I'd try to buy a set by themselves. The other option is to buy the FPV drone, which comes with them. And allows you to activate them too.
2021-4-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 4-7 16:43
Doesn't really matter as the V2's are bricked from the factory right now anyway - the firmware is broken and you can't activate them without the FPV drone. I'd wait until a firmware update comes out that fixes that first before I'd try to buy a set by themselves. The other option is to buy the FPV drone, which comes with them. And allows you to activate them too.

Is that right, I have seen a lot of FPV pilots like Nurk and josh Bardwell using them.
So the new one being delivered a re bricked! not cool
Another DJI plan to get more money instead of looking after their customers.
2021-4-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-7 16:59
Is that right, I have seen a lot of FPV pilots like Nurk and josh Bardwell using them.
So the new one being delivered a re bricked! not cool
Another DJI plan to get more money instead of looking after their customers.

Yes, they have FPV drones, though. I have 2 pairs of V2's, but the first one I got before the FPV drone was released and it still has the 604 firmware, which could be activated with just the Air Unit (that pair will never be updated ever). The second came with my FPV drone (which I crashed unfortunately so it's dead), so I was able to activate them with the drone.

But without a drone, or access to one from a friend, etc., the broken firmware prevents activation of the V2's by themselves. So they're paperweights until DJI fixes the firmware (if they ever fix it)....
DJI support had a hack for a while that allowed you to activate them, but, reportedly, it no longer works for some reason. So like I said, V2's are bricks by themselves right now, unless you have the FPV drone, so it makes no sense to buy them even if they were available anywhere.
2021-4-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 4-7 18:20
Yes, they have FPV drones, though. I have 2 pairs of V2's, but the first one I got before the FPV drone was released and it still has the 604 firmware, which could be activated with just the Air Unit (that pair will never be updated ever). The second came with my FPV drone (which I crashed unfortunately so it's dead), so I was able to activate them with the drone.

But without a drone, or access to one from a friend, etc., the broken firmware prevents activation of the V2's by themselves. So they're paperweights until DJI fixes the firmware (if they ever fix it)....

Thanks for the response, do you think I would be able to sell just the drone and controller if I purchased the combo just for the goggles? wouldnt expect to many people are after that drone at the moment
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Skyris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI FPV v2 Goggles will be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav. In addition, you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on  page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2021-4-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-7 20:21
Hello there Skyris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI FPV v2 Goggles will be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav. In addition, you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on  page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

That is all I have been hearing for months now, it really isnt good enough! the only way to get goggles is to purchase the dji fpv drone which I really dont want... its not cool! Really looking forward to Sony giving DJI some competition.
2021-4-8
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 4-8 01:42
That is all I have been hearing for months now, it really isnt good enough! the only way to get goggles is to purchase the dji fpv drone which I really dont want... its not cool! Really looking forward to Sony giving DJI some competition.

Where are you located?

2021-4-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-7 18:50
Thanks for the response, do you think I would be able to sell just the drone and controller if I purchased the combo just for the goggles? wouldnt expect to many people are after that drone at the moment

I know a lot of folks have already crashed their drones, so I would imagine you could sell the drone by itself. I bought the combo and have already crashed my drone (totally my fault of course lol), but I'm not going to replace it - it had too many problems so I didn't enjoy flying it anyway. But I did get a backup pair of the V2's which is what I ultimately wanted for my fleet of Betaflight FPV aircraft. And maybe one day the controller will be useable for something too, so I'm keeping it also.

But I don't think you'd have any problem parting out just the drone. Buying the whole combo is your only choice right now anyway, because there's no other way to activate the goggles.... It's over a month now and there's still no firmware update to fix it. It might be really difficult to fix which might explain why there's no update. Things like activation are horrible designs so it wouldn't surprise me if their developers are still scratching their heads on the exact right way to fix it a month later and counting ...

DJI has lost me as customer for any more of their drones because of this - it's just too financially risky to pay such large amounts of money for stuff that has so many problems and you have to wait months and months on DJI to fix them. And half the time they never fix it at all and you just have an expensive pet rock lol. I'll only be using the digital system on my own Betaflight quads from now on, for as long as the air units last from Caddix, when they resume production.

After that, hopefully someone else will get the resources together to develop their own ASIC with similar performance. And have a decent competitive digital system. But I'm stocking up for the future as long as it'll last

2021-4-8
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 4-8 03:51
Where are you located?

Gold Coast AU
2021-4-8
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 4-8 04:29
I know a lot of folks have already crashed their drones, so I would imagine you could sell the drone by itself. I bought the combo and have already crashed my drone (totally my fault of course lol), but I'm not going to replace it - it had too many problems so I didn't enjoy flying it anyway. But I did get a backup pair of the V2's which is what I ultimately wanted for my fleet of Betaflight FPV aircraft. And maybe one day the controller will be useable for something too, so I'm keeping it also.

But I don't think you'd have any problem parting out just the drone. Buying the whole combo is your only choice right now anyway, because there's no other way to activate the goggles.... It's over a month now and there's still no firmware update to fix it. It might be really difficult to fix which might explain why there's no update. Things like activation are horrible designs so it wouldn't surprise me if their developers are still scratching their heads on the exact right way to fix it a month later and counting ...

Thanks for the reply and yes I was thinking the same, lots of crashes.
I already have 3 fpv drone ready and waiting, at least all this time waiting for the goggles I have had a ton of time in the simulator so feel pretty confident to fly them now.

Dji just need some really decent competition and I am hoping Sony will do that, I will be retiring my inspire 2 and s1000 as soon as the airpeak is out and I just hope they release some smaller drones to compete with the mavic series.
I love the mavic 2 pro, sometimes it outperforms the DJI Inspire 2 for some of my jobs but I did have serious issues with the first copy I had. I think the biggest problem with DJI is the support, they never respond and if they do its a very vague response with no answers. Firmware updates to fix problems are sooo slow aswell.
Thanks for the advice and will look in to getting the combo (I am sure this is DJI's plan for anyone wanting goggles) and sell the drone..
2021-4-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-8 13:49
Thanks for the reply and yes I was thinking the same, lots of crashes.
I already have 3 fpv drone ready and waiting, at least all this time waiting for the goggles I have had a ton of time in the simulator so feel pretty confident to fly them now.

Well try the FPV drone when you get it - you may like it and find it useful. The show-stopper for me was the wobbling/wiggling of the in-goggle video as I might have mentioned before. At high speeds or flying in a stiff wind, it gave me significant pilot fatigue in just a few minutes. It is also strangely difficult to control at high speeds, again because of the loose tune, and that's partially how I put it into ground at 80mph....
That's why I'm not replacing mine unless/until DJI gives us a way to adjust the PIDs or tightens the tune up in a FW update. My iflights and Diatone Betaflight quads just fly so much better.

But that's not to say it won't work for others. So for sure fly it and see if you like it. Just don't crash it .
2021-4-9
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 4-8 13:39
Gold Coast AU

Sorry I can’t help, they are in stock in UK. Too far away from you.
2021-4-12
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 4-12 11:53
Sorry I can’t help, they are in stock in UK. Too far away from you.

Thanks, I ended up buying the combo anyway and selling the drone and controller, there was quite a lot of people after it in this combination so all good, and at least this way I was able to activate the goggles... thanks
2021-4-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-12 13:18
Thanks, I ended up buying the combo anyway and selling the drone and controller, there was quite a lot of people after it in this combination so all good, and at least this way I was able to activate the goggles... thanks

Selling the drone and controller? The DJI FPV drone is best FPV drone ever made.  Should sell all the other FPV equipment.  I should do the same but I built them and built them quality.
2021-4-25
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 4-25 01:06
Selling the drone and controller? The DJI FPV drone is best FPV drone ever made.  Should sell all the other FPV equipment.  I should do the same but I built them and built them quality.

Sold it already!
strange as I have heard so many people unhappy with it, the cost of repairs too much and video quailty not that great, I am happy to have sold it. Babyhawk2 is silent, can get 20+ flight time with lion battery, lipo bats are only $20 and prob equal quality video with SMO 4k.
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-25 12:58
Sold it already!
strange as I have heard so many people unhappy with it, the cost of repairs too much and video quailty not that great, I am happy to have sold it. Babyhawk2 is silent, can get 20+ flight time with lion battery, lipo bats are only $20 and prob equal quality video with SMO 4k.

But you did use it before you sold it?

Show some flights w/ the Babyhawk2
2021-4-25
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 4-25 16:14
But you did use it before you sold it?

Hi, no I didnt, I wanted to be able to sell it unused, just went by all the reviews from fpv pilots.  it looked cool though, I have a bunch of dji drones and just wanted to fly something different.
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-25 16:22
Hi, no I didnt, I wanted to be able to sell it unused, just went by all the reviews from fpv pilots.  it looked cool though, I have a bunch of dji drones and just wanted to fly something different.

you fu**ed up lmao

The way the DJI FPV V2 drone flies is like 3x better than all the other DJI drones.  It's like how I felt coming from the Spark to the M2Z.  M2P and M2Z feel dated compared to it but they do commercial work pretty much flawlessly.
2021-4-25
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 4-25 18:57
you fu**ed up lmao

The way the DJI FPV V2 drone flies is like 3x better than all the other DJI drones.  It's like how I felt coming from the Spark to the M2Z.  M2P and M2Z feel dated compared to it but they do commercial work pretty much flawlessly.

You obviously love it, congrats, I am really happy for you.
Dont think I F'Up at all, can always purchase one if the reviews come back better, if it works for you great!
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-25 19:38
You obviously love it, congrats, I am really happy for you.
Dont think I F'Up at all, can always purchase one if the reviews come back better, if it works for you great!

Because the reviewers want to fly at 165mph and say it's slow or fly above 500m or in geofenced locations.
2021-4-25
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 4-25 21:33
Because the reviewers want to fly at 165mph and say it's slow or fly above 500m or in geofenced locations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOgUEbsoMw

Im sure that is not all they are comparing it with. all good though I am glad you like it
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 4-25 21:49
Im sure that is not all they are comparing it with. all good though I am glad you like it

ty : )

Maybe one day you can try it out and like it too. : )
2021-4-25
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-25 21:33

No, it's got other problems keeping traditional FPV pilots away from it than just that. Apart from the other firmware problems, the worst is the poor tune and instability and shakiness in flight. This is a major problem that practically no reviewers ever even mention, but an area where traditional FPV drones with f4/f7 flight controllers with Betaflight/KISS etc. are still far superior. This is a big hindrance, especially in strong winds which make the drone quite difficult to control accurately. My Betaflight quads are rock steady in the goggles even in winds exceeding 20mph. The DJI FPV drone becomes difficult to control even in winds as low as 10mph, and above that it's almost unsafe to fly.

Not shown here, but something I experienced, is a significant, uncontrolled wandering at high airspeeds, especially in yaw. This is also a tuning issue, and a significant safety hazard. This wandering about makes the drone very hard to control and, IMO, it's bad enough to contribute to a crash when "proximity" flying. Again, traditional FPV drones are far, far, more stable at high airspeeds, and are significantly safer to fly in those scenarios as well.

I still fly my crashed/DIY gued-together repaired DJI fpv drone, but won't be replacing it until this is fixed, or DJI gives us a way to adjust the PIDs. This review demonstrates it with actual footage, and I can confirm this with my own experience with my FPV drone:

2021-4-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 4-26 05:21
No, it's got other problems keeping traditional FPV pilots away from it than just that. Apart from the other firmware problems, the worst is the poor tune and instability and shakiness in flight. This is a major problem that practically no reviewers ever even mention, but an area where traditional FPV drones with f4/f7 flight controllers with Betaflight/KISS etc. are still far superior. This is a big hindrance, especially in strong winds which make the drone quite difficult to control accurately. My Betaflight quads are rock steady in the goggles even in winds exceeding 20mph. The DJI FPV drone becomes difficult to control even in winds as low as 10mph, and above that it's almost unsafe to fly.

Not shown here, but something I experienced, is a significant, uncontrolled wandering at high airspeeds, especially in yaw. This is also a tuning issue, and a significant safety hazard. This wandering about makes the drone very hard to control and, IMO, it's bad enough to contribute to a crash when "proximity" flying. Again, traditional FPV drones are far, far, more stable at high airspeeds, and are significantly safer to fly in those scenarios as well.

oh, of course but EIS, Distortion Correction, and Roll Correction fix all of that
2021-4-26
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-26 11:46
oh, of course but EIS, Distortion Correction, and Roll Correction fix all of that

Only in the recorded footage. The most important part - the in-goggle video - isn't processed at all (probably for latency reasons). So it sees the shaking of the aircraft directly.
Like I said, this is the most understated, but major, problem the drone currently has and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a contributor to at least some of the crashes.

When I flew mine in winds more than 10mph, or at higher speeds in forward flight, it was downright scary at certain throttle settings. I've flown enough poorly tuned rotorcraft to know it's a tuning issue, though, and probably an easy adjustment for DJI to make to the PIDs. Better if they gave us the ability to adjust the PIDs in a firmware update, but all they really need to do is improve the tune.
2021-4-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 4-26 12:04
Only in the recorded footage. The most important part - the in-goggle video - isn't processed at all (probably for latency reasons). So it sees the shaking of the aircraft directly.
Like I said, this is the most understated, but major, problem the drone currently has and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a contributor to at least some of the crashes.

oh yeah, it can look sketchy while flying of course but w/ the crappy feed from analog and lack of good RTH and GPS hold when things go wrong such as losing signal or goggles turning off, w/o the DJI FPV V2 I cannot go beyond just the field area

I just end up going full sticks in Sport mode as it does it very well.
2021-4-26
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-26 17:22
oh yeah, it can look sketchy while flying of course but w/ the crappy feed from analog and lack of good RTH and GPS hold when things go wrong such as losing signal or goggles turning off, w/o the DJI FPV V2 I cannot go beyond just the field area

I just end up going full sticks in Sport mode as it does it very well.

It's not any better in Sport mode either, sadly. It still clearly has wobbles and wiggles that shouldn't be there with a good tune.

But the rest of the drone's functionality is quite grand actually. It's video quality on the downlink is even better than DJI's own DIY digital system (which I use on my iFlight quads), and the range is much superior. It's GPS and RTH is lightyears ahead of Betaflight GPS rescue, and the GPS modes are there if you need them.

It just needs a good tune, really, and the rest of the little problems it has are quite forgivable. I don't think DJI will ever give us access to the PIDs themselves, but if they tighten it up in a firmware update, that would go a long ways towards making it safer and more useful.
2021-4-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 4-26 17:58
It's not any better in Sport mode either, sadly. It still clearly has wobbles and wiggles that shouldn't be there with a good tune.

But the rest of the drone's functionality is quite grand actually. It's video quality on the downlink is even better than DJI's own DIY digital system (which I use on my iFlight quads), and the range is much superior. It's GPS and RTH is lightyears ahead of Betaflight GPS rescue, and the GPS modes are there if you need them.

No doubt it isn't perfectly "stable" (prop wash) but for Sport mode I think it's perfect and very very responsive.  I personally don't fly in manual and if you are doing aerobatics then a custom drone would be better.  I was doing a lot of very fast parking lot shots but didn't upload them.
2021-4-26
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-26 18:05
No doubt it isn't perfectly "stable" (prop wash) but for Sport mode I think it's perfect and very very responsive.  I personally don't fly in manual and if you are doing aerobatics then a custom drone would be better.  I was doing a lot of very fast parking lot shots but didn't upload them.

I still fly mine, but 99% in manual mode. Normal and Sport don't work quite right after the crash, but manual mode still works well enough to keep flying it. Normal and Sport do still work well enough for landing, tho.

It's really pretty comparable in manual mode, flies kind of like a 7" cruiser quad for the most part. Once the tune is improved, it'll be a lot of fun in manual. I mostly do "cinematic" style flying so I don't need ultra-sharp response. But I do need a steady picture in the goggles...
2021-4-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 4-27 09:44
I still fly mine, but 99% in manual mode. Normal and Sport don't work quite right after the crash, but manual mode still works well enough to keep flying it. Normal and Sport do still work well enough for landing, tho.

It's really pretty comparable in manual mode, flies kind of like a 7" cruiser quad for the most part. Once the tune is improved, it'll be a lot of fun in manual. I mostly do "cinematic" style flying so I don't need ultra-sharp response. But I do need a steady picture in the goggles...

Show some videos.

Yeah, the actual feed looks scary but it's due to the lack of a full 3-axis gimbal.  When I look at the drone footage it doesn't look like it does in the FPV goggles.  I just trust it should be fine and just fly it.  I enabled the crosshair because when coming out of a turn it wants to crab at times (wind most like) which can throw off my orientation as I feel it's not tracking straight but I'm not sure.  Having the center crosshair ensures I know where it's facing because pressing forward while it's looking say 45° to the left or right can be confusing for a bit.  Questioning and requestioning myself makes me a bit hesitant especially while flying low and tight in a parking lot w/ trees, poles, cars, objects etc.  I just go pretty much full stick in Sport mode now. : )
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_4GZE16p1bN5N
lvl.1

France

Sorry for those who bought the FPV drone, and hate it, love it,  but...

what about the Goggles V2, is someone has news about the stock please ? ( in europe...)

I know asking to DJI about it is like to ask them if an arm for the fpv drone would be availlable soon, so I will even take some rumors, at my level of waiting time for them...
2021-4-30
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_4GZE16p1bN5N Posted at 4-30 05:53
Sorry for those who bought the FPV drone, and hate it, love it,  but...

what about the Goggles V2, is someone has news about the stock please ? ( in europe...)

I had to buy the combo to get the goggles. then sell the dji fpv drone and controller
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_4GZE16p1bN5N
lvl.1

France

Skyris Posted at 4-30 16:41
I had to buy the combo to get the goggles. then sell the dji fpv drone and controller

yes i've seen it...That's a pity  ( or a good deal for dji ) to have to do that.

If only they could tell us how many weeks, months, we'll have to expect to wait for them it would be a good start but not...silence...as usual.

My drone will be impossible to return to the shop anymore, or even more  warranty off  before I received the goggles to test it ( yes, I'm bad to fly LOS )   
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules