Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 Range/Transmission Issue
5348 13 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MysticDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413996 ft
United States

Hello, I recentely purchased a MAvic Air 2 a week and a half ago and have been flying it ever since. Everything goes smoothly, one problem i have is the range. I lose signal everytime at 2000 ft distance. The drone is marketed at 10 kilmoters so 2000 ft shoulndt be an issue. I fly in my neigbhorhood which is near an airport. I also downloaded the Mavic assistance 2 app on my computer and did some firmware update. This enabled me to fly to 4000 ft, but after 4000ft i would lose signal and thr aircraft woult auto return to home. As i gradually go farther the RC signal bars drop.     I paid $1100 for this and woulnd't want anything going wrong. If anyone has any information that can help me, please let me know. Thanks!

2021-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try flying a little higher and make sure your orientated towards the AC.
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MysticDrones. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

2021-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple of things to try.  First make sure your controller is oriented properly to the aircraft.  This and a bit more altitude could help connectivity.  If you are still limited in distance then I would try flying in a different location.  Could just be you are picking up too much signal interference in your current flying area.  

Flying nearby some airports I've picked up quite a bit of signal interference.  Could be from radar and lots of wifi.  Not sure but it does happen.

Hope you get the issue sorted out soon.  
2021-4-8
Use props
MysticDrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-8 00:14
Hello there MysticDrones. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply, I am going to try and go fly in another location today, hopefully the problem doesn't continue.
2021-4-8
Use props
MysticDrones
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 04:56
Couple of things to try.  First make sure your controller is oriented properly to the aircraft.  This and a bit more altitude could help connectivity.  If you are still limited in distance then I would try flying in a different location.  Could just be you are picking up too much signal interference in your current flying area.  

Flying nearby some airports I've picked up quite a bit of signal interference.  Could be from radar and lots of wifi.  Not sure but it does happen.

Thanks for the reply! I also think that the airport and myriad of wifi signals might be interfering with the transmission. I am going to try to fly at different locations.
2021-4-8
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8708737 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Try to fly higher clear of structures and signal interference causing sources. Though considering you live near an airport, the airspace would be pretty saturated with interference so this method might not work well too though. In that case, better try flying in a different location and check again. If in the case it still won't get far even in rural areas, then you might need to consult dji for a possible replacement.
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MysticDrones Posted at 4-8 09:44
Thanks for the reply, I am going to try and go fly in another location today, hopefully the problem doesn't continue.

Hi there MysticDrones. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MysticDrones Posted at 4-8 09:45
Thanks for the reply! I also think that the airport and myriad of wifi signals might be interfering with the transmission. I am going to try to fly at different locations.

You're welcome.  Let us know how you make out at the new location.  
2021-4-9
Use props
Larry Bailey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81411 ft
Canada

Rather than start a new thread on the same issue I will post that I too am having issue with distance.  I tend to get between 500-700 ft with my mavic air 2 and smart controller which I received mid February.  I have gone to different areas and went to an open area out of town with a body of water.  I was at 256 feet and lost signal.  Wide open got a message aircraft not connected to RC.  My antennas were pointed down properly as recommended.  Also of note this is a CE drone and am disappointed that DJI does not advise that certain areas will have this rating as the 10k down stance is misleading.  I have also calibrated the IMU and compass again as recommended by phone support and still only 2-300 ft and my video breaks up stops, lags.  You can’t even aim at what u want to film
2021-4-9
Use props
MysticDrones
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to everyone for all the replies!! the DJI community is great!. I took my Mavic air 2 to the beach yesterday and flew 3k feet with absolutely no interference and no dropped bars. I am 100% I could have flown much much farther. I am convinced that the signals and interference from my neighborhood doubled with the airport is messing up the drone, but since it works fine in other places, I can rest knowing its not defective lol. Thanks again, everyone!
2021-4-12
Use props
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

Larry Bailey Posted at 4-9 07:34
Rather than start a new thread on the same issue I will post that I too am having issue with distance.  I tend to get between 500-700 ft with my mavic air 2 and smart controller which I received mid February.  I have gone to different areas and went to an open area out of town with a body of water.  I was at 256 feet and lost signal.  Wide open got a message aircraft not connected to RC.  My antennas were pointed down properly as recommended.  Also of note this is a CE drone and am disappointed that DJI does not advise that certain areas will have this rating as the 10k down stance is misleading.  I have also calibrated the IMU and compass again as recommended by phone support and still only 2-300 ft and my video breaks up stops, lags.  You can’t even aim at what u want to film

I have found obstacles are very big problems as far as range goes.   Try to fly with a direct line of site keeping in mind that every tree and house between you and your aircraft will reduce the range.   A way to do this is to gain height as you go further away or start at a higher elevation.   Also make sure the flat part of your antennas are facing the drone.  If you fly a mile away at 200 meters then try to go low, you will almost certainly lose signal.
2021-4-12
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

Please turn OFF Bluetooth this is radio technology and will cause interference

Go to the phone app store and install fake GPS and point to the center of United States map and press play, this will let you have a stable transmission both on 2.4 and 5.8

please turn off mobile or tablet Wi-Fi this includes 2.4 and 5.8 as it will interfere with your DJI transmission this includes any other drone transmission as most drone use 2.4 or 5.8 since they are the same transmission they will interfere with each other

Please turn off your mobile sim that is also another mobile Wi-Fi exchange, in order to do that you must turn on flight mode

Once you have received 11 satellites and updated your homepoint is also updated and you are certain on the app map you are certain it is there and updated near your homepoint you can disconnect mobile data and enable flight mode on mobile this prevents hackers from intercepting your connection or anyone else sniffing your transmission, turn it off please

20230430-192941.jpg
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_aVZ1kTtjrKrv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842343 ft

United Kingdom

Also, another tip. On transmission in the settings, switch it from HD to Smooth as it may give you more range. Just a tip.
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules