Not connecting to Mimo after iOS update
4514 22 2021-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

I recently updated my iphone SE (1st gen) to 14.4.1 from iOS 13 and now my Osmo Pocket won't connect to the DJI Mimo app. It worked fine before the update. The only thing that's happening when I connect it is the battery on my iphone begins charging.
The current firmware on the Osmo Pocket is 01.10.00.30

Thanks for any help
2021-4-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Mimo app?
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ozzo75. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application for us to be able ti isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2021-4-8
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

Hi, sorry yes, I should have mentioned that I tried reinstalling the app and it didn't help. That's the only thing I've tried other than restarting both devices many times hoping something would change. Thanks
2021-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could it be an incompatibility with something in the new iOS update to 14.4.1?   If it worked good on previous iOS version and doesn't now that might be a clue.
2021-4-8
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 05:25
Could it be an incompatibility with something in the new iOS update to 14.4.1?   If it worked good on previous iOS version and doesn't now that might be a clue.

Yes, that’s possible. It’s not the latest iOS release. They’ve come out with 14.4.2 already. (I updated last month and haven’t used my DJI since before then.)

Maybe I’ll try updated to this newer release and see what happens.
2021-4-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ozzo75 Posted at 4-8 17:17
Yes, that’s possible. It’s not the latest iOS release. They’ve come out with 14.4.2 already. (I updated last month and haven’t used my DJI since before then.)

Nothing to lose ...
2021-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ozzo75 Posted at 4-8 17:17

Good luck and I really hope you get the issue solved soonest.
2021-4-9
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

Ok, I just updated to 14.4.2 and didn't have any luck trying to connect. Any other ideas?
2021-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Check the different settings on your phone. The updates may have reset something the is denying connection.
2021-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ozzo75 Posted at 4-8 00:50
Hi, sorry yes, I should have mentioned that I tried reinstalling the app and it didn't help. That's the only thing I've tried other than restarting both devices many times hoping something would change. Thanks

Have you done a "reset" on the Pocket?

2021-4-10
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

Curt1591 Posted at 4-10 03:28
Have you done a "reset" on the Pocket?

I considered it, yes. But I read somewhere that it would need to be reactivated as when it was new (is that the case?). If that’s true, I worry that if the reset doesn’t work and I still can’t connect to the app, then I also won’t be able to use it at all, right?
2021-4-10
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

Curt1591 Posted at 4-9 12:55
Check the different settings on your phone. The updates may have reset something the is denying connection.

Everything looks good as far as I can see. Would there be any settings outside of the “DJI Mimo” settings in the iOS “Settings” category?
2021-4-10
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ozzo75 Posted at 4-10 03:56
I considered it, yes. But I read somewhere that it would need to be reactivated as when it was new (is that the case?). If that’s true, I worry that if the reset doesn’t work and I still can’t connect to the app, then I also won’t be able to use it at all, right?

A "reset" will simply put your pocket back before any adjustments you may have made.

From the openning screen swipe down -> tap the gear -> swipe right -> tap more -> tap reset.

If you have any images or video on the pocket, you may want to off-load that first.

2021-4-10
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Well? Any update?
2021-4-14
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

I was away; didn't get a chance to get back to this. Just tried a reset and it's still not working. Is there any way to do a true "factory reset"? As in, it takes it back to the original firmware? Or a way to try a previous firmware version?
2021-4-15
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ozzo75 Posted at 4-15 20:51
I was away; didn't get a chance to get back to this. Just tried a reset and it's still not working. Is there any way to do a true "factory reset"? As in, it takes it back to the original firmware? Or a way to try a previous firmware version?

That is above my paygrade. Have you contacted DJI directly?
2021-4-15
Use props
ozzo75
lvl.1

Taiwan

Well I guess this will be the final update. I contacted DJI and it seemed the final solution was to send it back to them; nothing they recommended worked. I've been holding off buying a new phone, but finally did so today - an iPhone SE (2). I connected the OSMO Pocket and Mimo recognized it immediately. So it seems there's no problem with my Osmo Pocket and the issue is some combo of the original iPhone SE and the latest iOS. Perhaps JUST my particular phone if nobody else has been having this issue. So I guess that's good news for me - possibly bad news if you own an older SE and are having problems.
2021-5-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ozzo75 Posted at 5-6 08:12
Well I guess this will be the final update. I contacted DJI and it seemed the final solution was to send it back to them; nothing they recommended worked. I've been holding off buying a new phone, but finally did so today - an iPhone SE (2). I connected the OSMO Pocket and Mimo recognized it immediately. So it seems there's no problem with my Osmo Pocket and the issue is some combo of the original iPhone SE and the latest iOS. Perhaps JUST my particular phone if nobody else has been having this issue. So I guess that's good news for me - possibly bad news if you own an older SE and are having problems.

Do a complete reset on your old phone just for giggles.
2021-5-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just a suggestion, but have a look at what else you have running in the background. I'm in Australia, and the government released an app called COVIDSafe which uses bluetooth (I believe) to track who you're near in case there's a cluster in the area you've been in. I found that with it running, my Osmo Pocket wouldn't connect with my iPhone and my car didn't see my iPhone as a key anymore either. Sure, the Pocket is a socket connection, but connectivity was impacted nevertheless.
2021-5-6
Use props
fans934a3bd5
New

Australia

Easiest fix - put your phone on Airplane Mode and it connects instantly.

I suspect there are some apps on your phone running in the background that prevent the Mimo app from working properly.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

On the iPhone there is  new setting that if the iPhone is not unlocked in the last hour it refuses any accessory connections via the lightning port.
2022-11-5
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

But, when that is the case, "accessories" are usually connected when the phone is unlocked.
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules