Can I connect Crystal Sky to Mavic 2 Smart Controller?
2132 6 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Forum,

Can I connect a DJI Crystal Sky monitor to a Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller?

If it is possible please give me step by step instructions and settings.

Thanks

Michael Dunning

2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Unfortunately, we don't have step-by-step instructions on how to mount the DJI CrystalSky with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Remote as we have not released an official mounting bracket for this but the DJI CrystalSky is indeed compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and it is required to purchase and use a third-party mounting bracket so the setup could vary. Anyway, once the CrystalSky's built-in DJI GO 4 has been updated, it can be used with the Mavic 2 but the 1080p live view is currently not supported and defaulted only to 720p.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 23:35
Hi, djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Unfortunately, we don't have step-by-step instructions on how to mount the DJI CrystalSky with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Remote as we have not released an official mounting bracket for this but the DJI CrystalSky is indeed compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and it is required to purchase and use a third-party mounting bracket so the setup could vary. Anyway, once the CrystalSky's built-in DJI GO 4 has been updated, it can be used with the Mavic 2 but the 1080p live view is currently not supported and defaulted only to 720p.

Hi DJI Gamora

Please could you give me the method and settings of connecting the Mavic 2 Smart Controller to the Crystal Sky monitor.

I will make my own mount.

Thanks

Michael Dunning
2021-4-9
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

Sounds like DJI is confused about which controller you're talking about. You want to use CryatalSky with the SMART CONTROLLER, but DJI is talking about the standard controller that comes with the M2P. Evidently the CrystalSky can not be used with the Smart Controller because the USB Port on the SC can not be used as an output port (or something like that). I also have a CrystalSky and a SC and haven't been able to output to the monitor. I've also got a MAVMOUNT bracket that I use to hold the CrystalSky to the standard RC. Works great.
I've connected the SC to the M2P as the primary controller, and the standard controller, with the CrystalSky, to the M2P as the secondary controller. That way I can use the larger monitor once I'm flying.
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

waltwblady.com Posted at 4-9 08:53
Sounds like DJI is confused about which controller you're talking about. You want to use CryatalSky with the SMART CONTROLLER, but DJI is talking about the standard controller that comes with the M2P. Evidently the CrystalSky can not be used with the Smart Controller because the USB Port on the SC can not be used as an output port (or something like that). I also have a CrystalSky and a SC and haven't been able to output to the monitor. I've also got a MAVMOUNT bracket that I use to hold the CrystalSky to the standard RC. Works great.
I've connected the SC to the M2P as the primary controller, and the standard controller, with the CrystalSky, to the M2P as the secondary controller. That way I can use the larger monitor once I'm flying.

Hi waltwblady.com

Thanks for your reply.

Shame that I can't use the Crystal Sky with the Smart Controller. It's a good but expensive monitor.

I will investigate alternative large monitors with a Mavmount.

Best wishes

Michael Dunning
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_CTFn7pukqgCj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4772267 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-8 23:35
Hi, djiuser_RHvgFdfpSCd7. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Unfortunately, we don't have step-by-step instructions on how to mount the DJI CrystalSky with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Remote as we have not released an official mounting bracket for this but the DJI CrystalSky is indeed compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and it is required to purchase and use a third-party mounting bracket so the setup could vary. Anyway, once the CrystalSky's built-in DJI GO 4 has been updated, it can be used with the Mavic 2 but the 1080p live view is currently not supported and defaulted only to 720p.

DJI did everything not to answer your question on that one because they don’t want to tell you that you can’t use it with the Smart controller. I have tried every configuration and method. It’s a shame that DJI sells us these expensive expensive equipment and none it seems to be compatible with one another. I just purchased a crystalsky and I’m going to be selling it just due to its inability to be user friendly. Can’t even get apps to work on the thing without a complicated process involved. You would think you could at least run apps and be able to use with other drone manufactures.
Good job DJI on skating around the question.
2022-4-21
Use props
djiuser_CTFn7pukqgCj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4772267 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-8 23:35

HA, Good Job DJI on doing everything but answering the gentleman’s question. Mounting the controller is the least of the issue it Can they be connected and the Crystalsky be used as a secondary monitor ?
I just purchased a Crystalsky for that purpose myself and would think being it a DJI product surely they were compatible. Not !!!! Now I have a Crystalsky for sale so I can purchase a monitor that does work.
2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules