523 5 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KetchupAndMayo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199656 ft
United States

Hi all!
I have found some areas that I want to fly in, but no good places to takeoff/land. I found that I can take off from the roof of my car, but the drone just will not land on it. The roof is all white. Could this be a need of contrast on the downward-looking sensors? I have a landing pad on order and will see if that fixes the issue. It was just really odd that no matter what I tried, it refused to land there.

Loving this drone!

Thanks!
2021-4-8
Use props
SubVetUSA
lvl.1
United States

You could lay an old towel on the roof and see if it makes a difference.  
2021-4-8
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

use the Car Floor Mats as landing pad
2021-4-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've successfully landed on the roof of the vehicle a couple times but if wind hits it or it bounces a bit upon landing and comes off the roof, ended up hitting the hood and the sidewalk.  Luckily a clear sidewalk was in front.  I was ready to make post about taking off and landing from the roof of your vehicle until that happened.

Basically, don't do it unless you can rubberize your roof for take off and landing.
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KetchupAndMayo. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have done these process when flying there DJI Drones can give out and share there experience with you and please be mindful when flying your DJI drone to avoid metal object which may cause interference and unwanted incidents when flying or landing your DJI Drone. Thank you.
2021-4-8
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Landing on a metal object is not a very smart idea. The cars are made of ferrous metals thus will affect the compass in your drone. You might get away with it if you are lucky but you also might not. Somebody mentioned his drone fell of the roof due to the wind but the possibility it was due to the compass interference is way bigger. So if you don't want to hit yourself or even worse, somebody else in the face - avoid this kind of practise ...
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules