won't connect to dji assistant 2
5478 14 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Can't get the mini2 to connect to the dji assistant 2. Says "device not compatable" I've followed the silly Disconnect, power off re-connect within 20 seconds. Still nothing. Had to update via the phone. I'd like to do it through the assistant.
2021-4-8
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

which version you have?

You have to use this version of dji.com
https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-2/downloads

Also note that the only function at the moment is to retrieve flight data from the drone. Unfortunatly you can't update firmware from the Assistent.
If you have other drones like the Mavic 2 or Air 2, the version for the mini2 does not support the other drones correctly. If you have different types of dji drones you can both assistent versions on your pc (like I did).

succes!
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JimDandy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 aircraft can only be updated via the DJI Fly. Connecting the said DJI Drone to the DJI Assistant 2 will give you access only to the Flight Recorder. Thank you
2021-4-8
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-8 20:17
which version you have?

You have to use this version of dji.com

Thank you. I have the Mavic air 2 and it hooks to dji assistant fine. A friend of mine at work just got the mini2 and I could not get it to connect to dji assistant 2. We did all the updates on the phone through the Fly app.
2021-4-9
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-8 20:45
Hello there JimDandy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 aircraft can only be updated via the DJI Fly. Connecting the said DJI Drone to the DJI Assistant 2 will give you access only to the Flight Recorder. Thank you

Thank you sir. Updated through the fly app, all set to go.
2021-4-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

JimDandy Posted at 4-9 06:11
Thank you. I have the Mavic air 2 and it hooks to dji assistant fine. A friend of mine at work just got the mini2 and I could not get it to connect to dji assistant 2. We did all the updates on the phone through the Fly app.

the assistent for the air 2 and pro 2 or zoom is a different version of what to use on the mini 2.

I'd like to update also from pc instead of using the fly app. Still hoping DJI will update the functionality of the app some day soon.
2021-4-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-9 07:13
the assistent for the air 2 and pro 2 or zoom is a different version of what to use on the mini 2.

I'd like to update also from pc instead of using the fly app. Still hoping DJI will update the functionality of the app some day soon.

"Still hoping DJI will update the functionality of the app some day soon."

It would sure be great if that happened.  

2021-4-9
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-9 07:13
the assistent for the air 2 and pro 2 or zoom is a different version of what to use on the mini 2.

Yeah, I down loaded the Mini2 version of the asst. 2 on my work computer to help my college out, It wouldn't connect, so we downloaded the updates via the app on his phone. Dji makes things hard sometimes. the assistant should be across the board compatible. It's a simple vehicle to load firmware. But NOOOOOO it has to be complicated. I like how the say "works with" mini 2 ....da da da. So you download it and jump through all the hoops of shutting it down and reconnecting and It still doesn't work. Then I'm told , "well you can't update with it, just upload logs" HA HA HA. EyEYyyEyE.
2021-4-9
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ugh good to know about DJI Assistant and the Mini 2 vs Air 2.  At the moment I have an Air 2 and thinking of getting the the Mini 2 since I can get a deal on it. I would've done the same steps on the PC app until I came across this thread, so thanks for saving me the time and headaches on firmware updating.

On a similar note, is there any tips or gotcha's when using the DJI Fly app with BOTH the Air 2 and Mini 2?? Obviuolsy not at the same time, but will the app recognize when one drone is connected, or do I have to select it manually? Also will the app distinguish the flight logs separately?

2021-4-9
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-9 17:11
Ugh good to know about DJI Assistant and the Mini 2 vs Air 2.  At the moment I have an Air 2 and thinking of getting the the Mini 2 since I can get a deal on it. I would've done the same steps on the PC app until I came across this thread, so thanks for saving me the time and headaches on firmware updating.

On a similar note, is there any tips or gotcha's when using the DJI Fly app with BOTH the Air 2 and Mini 2?? Obviuolsy not at the same time, but will the app recognize when one drone is connected, or do I have to select it manually? Also will the app distinguish the flight logs separately?

No issues with the fly app and the mini2. It works like a charm, no different than air 2. I use airdata app for capturing data. The data will be separated out by which aircraft created it. I like my friends mini2. It is very light, but seems to fly great. The batteries don't have a LED light system built in to them due to their size, The lights are incorporated in to the charging bank on his. He got the fly more kit with the 3 bay charger. If you can get a good deal on it, I think you'd be happy with it.
2021-4-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

RobZilla Posted at 4-9 17:11
Ugh good to know about DJI Assistant and the Mini 2 vs Air 2.  At the moment I have an Air 2 and thinking of getting the the Mini 2 since I can get a deal on it. I would've done the same steps on the PC app until I came across this thread, so thanks for saving me the time and headaches on firmware updating.

On a similar note, is there any tips or gotcha's when using the DJI Fly app with BOTH the Air 2 and Mini 2?? Obviuolsy not at the same time, but will the app recognize when one drone is connected, or do I have to select it manually? Also will the app distinguish the flight logs separately?

I have no idea if it is possible to switch between aircrafts. I'm using an mavic pro 2 with an SC and a mini 2. On the SC it is possible to switch between aircraft profiles. But then again the mini 2 is not compatible with the SC. So, I use different controllers for both drones. :-(
2021-4-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JimDandy Posted at 4-9 06:11
Thank you sir. Updated through the fly app, all set to go.

Hi there JimDandy. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-4-12
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-10 08:20
I have no idea if it is possible to switch between aircrafts. I'm using an mavic pro 2 with an SC and a mini 2. On the SC it is possible to switch between aircraft profiles. But then again the mini 2 is not compatible with the SC. So, I use different controllers for both drones. :-(

We're just talking about the fly app on the phone not the controller. Or Smart controller. RobZilla was asking about the fly app differences with the 2 models. He wanted to know if the fly app knows which drone is on, In his case it will be the air2, or the mini. The answer is yes it does know which drone it is.
2021-4-12
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the follow up and answer JimDandy. Yes I was referring to the app on the phone, not the controller or Smart Controller.
2021-4-12
Use props
hankstamper
lvl.1
United States

Hello 2022 now.  Posting here because I can't seem to post directly to the Mini 2 Forum:

My Mini 2 will not connect via DJI Assistant 2 (v2.1.10)  It just shows the USB connect screen.

The A9 Platform removable disk is visible in Windows 8 and I can see the log files that I want to export but no joy with DJI Assistant 2.

Please help
hankstamper
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules