DJI Matrice 600 Pro + Zenmuse X5; Issues With Connectivity?
1048 0 2021-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SNP Lackey
lvl.1

United States

Let me start this off by saying I have no idea how to use a drone, so many of these issues can likely be ID10T errors. My boss purchased this in hopes I can get it to do a lot of things, but the basics are failing. We have had the drone for 2 days, it's been in the air 2x for about 5 minutes each.

I'll start by saying my boss was the one that set this thing up, and now that he couldn't get everything working, it's now my project. One of the first issues I'm seeing is that the M600 controller is not showing up in Assistant. The Lightbridge is, but not the actual M600. I'll say that a lot of things have been messed with on this drone already, with no real regard to what caused what. However, APPARENTLY, the M600 controller WAS showing up at one point, but it no longer is.

A few things I know my boss did:
- pressed the button on the lightbridge
- replaced the A3 main "computer" with a spare he accidentally ordered (so, we have an entire A3 setup NIB)
- updated the lightbridge firmware
- probably attempted to update the M600 firmware; not sure
- Attempted to update the Zenmuse X5 firmware. It appears it is essentially not doing anything now, though the gimbal can be operated.
- removed a LOT of screws, and seemingly lost a few of them
- one of the a3 "antennas" (flat disc things at the top) had a wire pinched and potentially crushed internally
- dropped the laptop that was connected to the USB port on the drone, it pulled the cable out of the drone "sideways"

At present, we can still fly the drone, so that part isn't broken yet.

1. Why can't we see the M600 in Assistant? I've tried 4 different PCs (a real PC, two surfaces, and an old Thinkpad). All of them seem to have the COM port installing when connecting, and all can see the lightbridge. I've tried lots of combinations of connections to see if that resolves anything, but no dice. All running v2.1.0, none of the machines are Apple. Googling, I don't seem to have the bent-wire issue.
2. Why does the remote complain about the gimbal being disconnected? There's only 3 wires; the gimbal wire that goes direct to the lightbridge, another wire that seems to be power, and a 3rd wire that connects to the A3 controller. We have tried connecting that wire to LOTS of different ports, but never does the camera work.
3. The Zenmuse camera will not upgrade. We put the BIN into the USB card, the camera looks like it's doing something, but eventually we shut the machine down and the .txt file is missing the status line.

Once we have that sorted out, we can maybe start on the stretch goals (flying inside a factory).
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules