Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pocket 2 Face and object tracking issue
442 14 4-8 20:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

The Pocket 2 has a major Face and Object tracking issue. Yes, I have the latest firmware upgrade.
I just made a YouTube video about the Tracking issue and compared it to the Osmo Pocket (1). Watch also the conclusions at the end.
Check it out and I hope you guys have a fix for it  as I LOVE Pocket 1 and there is a lot of good things going for Pocket 2.

4-8 20:10
Use props
Mgozer
First Officer
United States

that's a known issue.
I bet DJI is working hard on making it better.
4-9 02:37
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

I wonder if your hat and dark glassed are confusing the P2 especially as the lens is wider.
4-9 04:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

I foound that when using high quality recording it is always better on OP.  Hopefully, I'm betting DJI could tweak some software settings and fix this on Pocket 2.   
4-9 08:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, Markus Kaeppeli. Thanks for reaching out and posting your findings. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're having and we have already reported this to our team for further checking. We will keep you updated should we received an update or further information is required to verify the issue.
4-9 23:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, Markus Kaeppeli. We just received an update from our team and confirmed that the tracking function will be optimized in the next firmware version. We thank you for forwarding your feedback to us.
4-14 23:31
Use props
Yayoastur
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 23:31
Hi, Markus Kaeppeli. We just received an update from our team and confirmed that the tracking function will be optimized in the next firmware version. We thank you for forwarding your feedback to us.

Great news!!!
4-15 11:33
Use props
chririva
lvl.4

Poland

Should be easier to keep the tracking as the lens has a wider fov (for my own experience at school, i had project involving face tracking few years ago).
The problem of hats and glasses is long gone. There are techniques to find partially hidden faces. There are no excuses to not be able to make it work.
I can also see that the camera movements are crazy and not smooth.

4-16 06:22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

I don't know about whether it's easy to implement well or not, but it's odd DJI didn't get it right on this device - so far - given that they seem to have been the world leader in face and object tracking in drones.  Maybe someone vital left the company.
4-16 14:19
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

Mgozer Posted at 4-9 02:37
that's a known issue.
I bet DJI is working hard on making it better.

Let's hope so!
4-18 00:33
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

John Walker Posted at 4-9 04:03
I wonder if your hat and dark glassed are confusing the P2 especially as the lens is wider.

Maybe, but then in lower video quality it is much better, and on other DJI devices that is not an issue. I think has to do with data processing... something that could be fixed via firmware update.
4-18 00:37
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 23:31

Amazing! Looking forward to testing it out again.  Thanks.
4-18 00:42
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

chririva Posted at 4-16 06:22
Should be easier to keep the tracking as the lens has a wider fov (for my own experience at school, i had project involving face tracking few years ago).
The problem of hats and glasses is long gone. There are techniques to find partially hidden faces. There are no excuses to not be able to make it work.
I can also see that the camera movements are crazy and not smooth.

I agree. Yep, P2 moves around like crazy, trying to find the subject again. Looks very much like data processing issues.
4-18 00:45
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-16 14:19
I don't know about whether it's easy to implement well or not, but it's odd DJI didn't get it right on this device - so far - given that they seem to have been the world leader in face and object tracking in drones.  Maybe someone vital left the company.

Yep, if you look at some of their other products, like the Mavic line or even the Osmo Pocket, it seems they know what they are doing.... I just hope the processor is fast enough to process the data and a firmware update is all that is needed..... and that is on the way according to DJI Gamora
4-18 00:51
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.1
United States

DJI, any news?
5-14 14:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules