Flight Records Explained
1151 2 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjgriep
New

Netherlands

Hello,

as I now can extract Flight Records to CVS file and import this is Excel... where can i find an explanation of the records as show in the header and its related codes. is there a manual how to read these data?
2015-7-16
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I've not found anything anywhere that explains each parameter. I produced a detailed CSV file, opened it in Excel and expanded each column to its max (which, by default, produces a column wide enough to display everything in that column, including the header).

Many of the headers contain obvious information, i.e., you can tell from the header what the data is that's being captured. There were some that were not so obvious. Many, many of the columns are "flags." They serve as indicators of something being enabled/disabled, turned on/off, etc. or "faults" that might have occurred during that particular flight. Again, the headers for some of the "flags/faults" are somewhat intuitive, but not all of them.

I recommend expanding each column sufficiently, then slowly wade through each individual column - it might be a valuable learning process.

Keep in mind as well - each row represents a snapshot taken every so many milliseconds - it takes a lot of rows just to "capture" a single minute worth of data. A flight of only a few minutes will contain several thousand rows of data.

I'm referring specifically to the FLYxxx.DAT files.
2015-7-17
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-17 21:43
I've not found anything anywhere that explains each parameter. I produced a detailed CSV file, opene ...

10 records per second.
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules