Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Livestream/ Mimo app issues
1676 10 2021-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi guys,
So I bought the Osmo Action in the hopes of being able to use it not only as a portable action camera but also to use for livestreaming through my computer.

First off, the Mimo app pretty much sucks.

The camera doesn't automatically connect to the app. I am taken to some kind of advertising frontpage instead of into the actual camera-part of the app. Not only do I have to press connect once whn it pops up that the camera is detected, but I have to press connect AGAIN in the list of detected cameras.

Once inside the actual camera interface, I don't have too many complaints. It works but it's just a few too many hoops to jump through to get to where I want to be in the app.

Livestreaming doesn't work very well either to be honest.

First of all, I can't connect the camera straight into my pc to grab the output (the best way) but instead I have to use a third party app on my PC to connect to the RTMP-stream from my phone. On top of that, the RTMP settings I choose doesn't persist until the next time I'm going to use it for streaming. I am also unable to actually preview the camera feed on my phoine through the app, and instead it shows me a completely useless 'Livestream in progress' screen from which I have no control what-so-ever over anything besides stopping the stream.

Please give us the ability to get a clean output from the camera directly into a PC.

On top of that, the camera shuts off after a certain amount of time, with little to no warning ahead of time. So far my experience with the Osmo Action has been sub-par to be honest.

Am I better off selling the Osmo Action and getting a GoPro instead?
2021-4-9
Use props
Florian2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38225 ft
Austria

I think you are totally right. The functionality is pretty bad! I'm also heavily disappointed from the DJI Osmo Action Livestreaming capabilities...
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

For some reason, whenever I try to use the RTMP-streaming option, the MIMO-app deactivates my phones wifi connection so 90% of the time I try, it complains and tells me to check my network connection.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

Another strange thing is that you get disconnected from the camera when you stop livestreaming which is rubbish as well.
2021-4-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

720P vs HD1080P   gopro is hte winner
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

So why is it that the osmo action connects to the mimo-app over wifi rather than bluetooth..

Extremely frustrating as the Mimo app complains that there's no wifi connection so it can't stream. Instead it disconnects me from the camera and I have to reconnect again.

Sort this out!
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

So why is it that the osmo action connects to the mimo-app over wifi rather than bluetooth..

Extremely frustrating as the Mimo app complains that there's no wifi connection so it can't stream. Instead it disconnects me from the camera and I have to reconnect again.

Sort this out!
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

This is extremely frustrating and I'm looking at GoPro alternatives at this stage which is sad, because there's nothing inherently wrong with the camera itself. Just the software surrounding it is terribly executed.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

At least remove the 2.5 (or whatever) time-limit on streaming.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

This will be my last post here as I've decided to sell the osmo action due to lack of any kind of response on any of these posts anywhere.

The camera is overheating over longer periods of trying to stream so that's why they have a 2.5h limit on streaming. I'm sure this wouldn't be an issue if the camera wasn't forced to do this wirelessly.

The camera isn't bad when used as an Action camera but that functionality alone doesn't warrant me keeping it, especially seeing as how there are other products on the market that does the same thing but actually had the functionality to connect it directly to a pc.
2021-4-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

SOrry to see you go  
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules