DJI Mini 2 battery not charging, only blinking
41820 12 2021-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christian88
lvl.2
Canada

So I haven't flown my DJI Mini 2 for a while, and went to charge my batteries as I plan on flying soon and 2 batteries are able to charge fine but not the 3rd. When placed into the charging hub, the first light will flash and then the second quickly after, indicating it is starting to charge. It does this two times very quickly and then all 4 lights flash at the same time, 3 times in a row, and this repeats every few seconds or so. This happens in all 3 slots.

When placing in the drone and clicking the button there is no response, and when plugging in the drone with the battery in I get the same response as I did in the charging hub.

Is the battery done? Is it covered by warranty? Is there anything I can do or try?

Thanks
2021-4-10
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

4 lights blinking at the same tame = the batt died.

Don't think batts have any warranty as are disposable parts, maybe a few monts warranty? idk.

If you left the batteries at 100% in the hub they don't auto discharge, they only auto discharge outside the hub, DJI doesn't says anything about it in the manual, but that's how it works, so many people will just kill their batts without knowing it, thinking they will auto discharge.

It's a bit nonsense, but I store them outside the hub now.
2021-4-10
Use props
christian88
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you for the reply. I thought that would be the case. Didn't know about the discharge in the case issue, so good to know for the other batteries in the future.
I looked into it, and I think the batteries have a 6 month warranty. I contacted DJI, we'll see if I can get lucky as it's only been just over 5 months and not many charge cycles.
2021-4-10
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

i was not aware batteries would not discharge when left in the charging hub.  I flew about 10 days ago and charged my batteries a couple of days after flying and have always stored them in the charging hub, as that was a convenient place to keep them (A habit I developed when I owned the original Mini).  I just now checked them and sure enough, they still had 4 lights each in the charging hub.  I've taken them out of the hub now and will check them in a few days to see if they automatically discharge as advertised.  Sorry you have issues with your battery, but posting your problem solicited an answer and information that I was unaware of previously.  Perhaps your unfortunate incident will end up helping other flyers with their battery maintenance. Good luck with DJI in resolving your battery issue!
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
Hong Kong

I'm curious is there any actual proof that not storing them properly will kill the batteries? Given that this is not in the manual and with the technology that goes goes into producing batteries today, it's very easy to blame the user immediately for not following storage instructions, but of what percentage of these are actually based on manufacturing defects in the first place. I have owned many items in the past where despite proper care, still failed by their own accord. I have read these forums a number of times and everyone talks about how they store their batteries religiously without actually questioning the validity of manufacturing defects.
2021-4-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, christian88. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If the battery is within the warranty period: https://www.dji.com/service/policy please get in touch with our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support to assist you to open a ticket. Kindly send the battery back to our Service Center at your soonest convenience so it can be check and we hope that this could be resolved immediately.
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_mQ4g4rOCJlPl
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

Received my Mini 2 today (ordered from Amazon) and found out that one of the batteries is doing exactly the same thing.
Did you have any luck replacing yours?
2021-7-3
Use props
christian88
lvl.2
Canada

I apologize for the late response! But yes I reached out to DJI and they replaced it free of charge! They sent me a pre-paid shipping label, and I believe the time from me shipping it out to receiving it back was 1-2 weeks!
2021-7-8
Use props
djiuser_FykQ4Z5etRuY
New

South Africa

christian88 Posted at 2021-7-8 18:03
I apologize for the late response! But yes I reached out to DJI and they replaced it free of charge! They sent me a pre-paid shipping label, and I believe the time from me shipping it out to receiving it back was 1-2 weeks!

You're lucky, we don't have that service in South Africa. As you said, the manufacturers don't give you a proper battery care program. The battery is the most expensive operating cost of the drone. It would be nice to see more attention paid to labeling with warnings!! I am in the same position. When my other two batteries die, that's with me done with drones!
2022-2-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-11 00:02
Hi, christian88. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If the battery is within the warranty period: https://www.dji.com/service/policy please get in touch with our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support to assist you to open a ticket. Kindly send the battery back to our Service Center at your soonest convenience so it can be check and we hope that this could be resolved immediately.

You forgot to ask if he had a hard crash!
2022-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_FykQ4Z5etRuY Posted at 2-4 07:16
You're lucky, we don't have that service in South Africa. As you said, the manufacturers don't give you a proper battery care program. The battery is the most expensive operating cost of the drone. It would be nice to see more attention paid to labeling with warnings!! I am in the same position. When my other two batteries die, that's with me done with drones!

If its DJI and its in warranty then THEY WILL replace the battery, also, they updated their battery policy a while back in favour of the customer, its now 12 months or 200 recharge cycles for the Mini 2, other products may differ...
2022-2-4
Use props
Marc3rd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33802 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-11 00:02

Seriously???  you address the second sub question and not the original question????
What does 4 flashing lights 3 times mean??? It there a fix for it???
2022-2-11
Use props
Marc3rd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33802 ft

United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2021-4-10 13:33
4 lights blinking at the same tame = the batt died.

Don't think batts have any warranty as are disposable parts, maybe a few monts warranty? idk.

So what we are saying is there was a manufacturers software defect that prevented our batteries from discharging while in the hub. That sure sounds like DJI.s problem and they really should remedy this problem with replacement batteries not just correcting the problem!
2022-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules