Now that to simple and effective
2021-4-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks simple but is it a bit of a faff to put on ?
2021-4-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am so very pleased that my little 3D print solution is being used all over the world it is lovely to share such cheap and simple things that are actually physical objects
2021-4-16
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-16 22:50
Looks simple but is it a bit of a faff to put on ?

It looks awkward but it's quite easy to do if you lie the charger flat.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_K2itox6OaGoN
New
United States

You can also put the batteries backwards in the hub. It's a snug fit, but it does not hurt the battery or the hub.
2021-4-18
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_K2itox6OaGoN Posted at 4-18 13:57
You can also put the batteries backwards in the hub. It's a snug fit, but it does not hurt the battery or the hub.

I cant get mine :more than 1/2 way in if i turn them round. If i forced them i am sure i would split the case. There is a locating ridge inside the hub which fouls things.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_K2itox6OaGoN
New
United States

jweaver Posted at 4-18 14:11
I cant get mine :more than 1/2 way in if i turn them round. If i forced them i am sure i would split the case. There is a locating ridge inside the hub which fouls things.

Yeah I was afraid my hub would crack too, but it didn't. My hub might be a hair bigger. Hard to say
2021-4-18
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-11 20:05
Hello there Bigplumbs. Good day and thank you for sharing this information here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Instead of thanking us for another DJI blunder, tell us : Can it and will it be fixed?
2021-4-19
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it even possible it could be fixed? The batteries either need to discharge automatically in the charger (to protect their lifespan), or they need to retain their charge (so that the charger can be used as a power pack). I'm not sure how they can do both or how a firmware fix would allow the battery to determine which one to do?
2021-4-21
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

My batteries are not self discharging - at all.  I charged a new battery to 95%, left it for 5 days and it is still showing 95% charge.  The battery was not connected to anything during this time.  These are the first charges on the battery so maybe it needs to be cycled a few times?  

Rob  
2021-4-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5 days is not long enough to instigate the discharge cycle
2021-4-21
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-16 22:52
I am so very pleased that my little 3D print solution is being used all over the world it is lovely to share such cheap and simple things that are actually physical objects

Mine is being printed right now.  Thanks for the file to be able to do this.
2021-4-22
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 4-22 04:52
Mine is being printed right now.  Thanks for the file to be able to do this.

I hope the original designer doesn't mind, but I modified (improved?) the design so that it attaches in more places:

Its functionally identical, but I didn't like the way on the original that the extra left and right side just flapped around.

I guess I should upload my version to Thingiverse as a remix.

Edit: Done

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4836183

2021-4-22
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 4-11 02:59
All in all, this is good news, because if you have a flight scheduled the next day after charging, you have 100% energy if you do not take them out of the hub. After the flight, charge the batteries to approx. 75% and then store them comfortably in the hub. It's easy.

Exactly,  otherwise after 24 hours they would start self discharge cycle and if flown could be disastrous!
2021-4-22
Use props
Live My Journey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I urge any user to check if the batteries discharge as per manual. Actually I'm the person that Ian mantioned in his video. I have made a video on the issue taking reply from DJI at face value. As it turns out this was not right ether. Mini 2 batteries don't descharge to 72% regardless of where they've been kept! They only dischege to 96% after the first day and that is it.
2021-4-23
Use props
Live My Journey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No we need to hold DJI accountable! It's a massive cock up!
2021-4-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Incredible if DJI dint check this sort of thing
2021-4-23
Use props
Live My Journey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-23 22:04
Incredible if DJI dint check this sort of thing

I'm sure they did. But imagine the cost of a recall. It's easier to just ignore users for as long as you can get away with it.
2021-4-23
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I emailed my son your thingyverse battery spacer plan and he printed me one.  Thank you for putting it online.  I am surprised DJI did not think of it or warn people not to store LiPo batteries plugged into the charging hub. This information came to me from this forum...

Cheers.
2021-4-24
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Canada

Live My Journey Posted at 4-23 04:36
I urge any user to check if the batteries discharge as per manual. Actually I'm the person that Ian mantioned in his video. I have made a video on the issue taking reply from DJI at face value. As it turns out this was not right ether. Mini 2 batteries don't descharge to 72% regardless of where they've been kept! They only dischege to 96% after the first day and that is it.

My thinking is that people are blaming the charger for the batteries not discharging, but in fact they possibly don't self discharge as expected regardless of how they are stored.     
Rob
2021-4-24
Use props
Rob_G
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-21 22:30
5 days is not long enough to instigate the discharge cycle

The battery should not still be at 95% after 5 days.
Rob
2021-4-24
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Sorry if someone already informed about this, but I couldn’t read all the replies, but does anybody know if this is also happening on Mini 1?
2021-4-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I can confirm that when left outside of the charging hub the batteries are discharging preoperly. Didn't fly the Mini 2 since I got the Air2S and all my 3 Mini 2 batteries have 3 lights now.
2021-4-27
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Zed_Br Posted at 4-27 09:28
Sorry if someone already informed about this, but I couldn’t read all the replies, but does anybody know if this is also happening on Mini 1?

I don't think mini 1 batteries discharge (or need to discharge) at all, as they are not LiPo like the mini 2 ones; they are Li-Ion...
2021-4-27
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Bigplumbs:  Thanks for the video and for you making the point: If you want the batteries to Automatically discharge to a safe level, do not connect their circuitry
to any other circuitry.  IT WORKS for my batteries.
2021-4-29
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

tell me, so instead of forcing manufacturer to fix faulty product, a lot of ppl 3d print DIY spacers and thinks that's ok?
2021-4-29
Use props
JMB2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4183 ft
Australia

FWIW (I've also posted this on the other thread re Batteries)

I'm not sure whether it's related or not, but i've just powered on my drone (30/4/2021) and was advised there was a Firmware update.  (I used it 2 days ago and there were no firmware updates available, but just now it auto prompted me)
There was no mention or further details on what the firmware update was, but On completion of the Firmware update, it said that the Battery Firmware had been updated - See screenshot.
Based on that info, i inserted another one of my batteries into the Drone and powered it up, and Again was advised there was a Firmware Update available.. Once completed the same message appears about the Battery Firmware being updated.
And the same happened when i plugged my 3rd battery into the drone.

Hopefully they have addressed one/some of the discharging issues?!
2021-4-29
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-11 01:17
Is Banggood OK to use though? I have read quite a few negative reviews on them!

Bangood does have a nasty habit of taking money for products that are claimed to be ready for immediate shipment, only for the products to be on backorder,  Then comes the ordeal of trying to get your money back.  I wouldn't send my money to Banggood unless I was forced to do so at  gunpoint.
2021-5-4
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Muttley7 Posted at 5-4 20:30
Bangood does have a nasty habit of taking money for products that are claimed to be ready for immediate shipment, only for the products to be on backorder,  Then comes the ordeal of trying to get your money back.  I wouldn't send my money to Banggood unless I was forced to do so at  gunpoint.

Cheers for that reply Muttley7. I guess I will stick to normal well used websites.
2021-5-4
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I always leave them removed now .
2021-5-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-4 23:17
Cheers for that reply Muttley7. I guess I will stick to normal well used websites.

I bought 3 number 3D printers from banggood and all arrived very quickly and in perfect order I would not hesitate in using Banggood in the future
2021-5-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If any of you are interested I have had 216 downloads of my little 3D printed battery saver not bad as several people also email it to friends or print for other people who don’t have a 3D printer. I suspect given this there are perhaps over 500 being used. If so I am quite pleased with that and it gives me a little warm feeling. I never wanted to earn any money from it (not everything is about money)  I just wanted to share a very simple idea
2021-5-9
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-9 20:40
I bought 3 number 3D printers from banggood and all arrived very quickly and in perfect order I would not hesitate in using Banggood in the future

Thank you for that info Bigplumbs.
2021-5-9
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

Batteries: Just a note, for those that may be interested.  Since my last post in here, back on April,29, 2021, I have had the three batteries sitting
on a shelf, not connected to anything.  They have gone down to TWO LIGHT level and stayed there, the date today is: June 20, 2021.  One other note
I did fully charge the batteries and the Controller before setting them aside, AND the Controller is still at FOUR LIGHT level.
     After reading about and seeing some of the 3D printing, it surly seems like something worth while to check into.  Thank you all for the information.
2021-6-20
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-20 13:12
Batteries: Just a note, for those that may be interested.  Since my last post in here, back on April,29, 2021, I have had the three batteries sitting
on a shelf, not connected to anything.  They have gone down to TWO LIGHT level and stayed there, the date today is: June 20, 2021.  One other note
I did fully charge the batteries and the Controller before setting them aside, AND the Controller is still at FOUR LIGHT level.

the last update fixed this...kind of pointless now to 3d print anything. besides just keeping the batteries in the hub without clicking them in worked very well so far for me
2021-6-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

sbonev, sounds like you and me are some of the few that had no problem, let us hope the ones that did - now - do not.
2021-6-23
Use props
zhincic
lvl.1
Croatia

Any info on this regarding this date (22/07/2022)?
2022-7-22
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

2022-7-22
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Too easy solution
2022-7-22