11314 32 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IsaacVV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203136 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Good morning, This week we received our M2EA unit, which among its specifications highlights the possibility of obtaining r-jpeg (radiometric) images. This means being able to save thermal information in each pixel and this is indicated by the DJI producer specifications on their official website.
To my surprise, testing these possibilities this morning, I see that it is not possible to select the r-jpeg format in the corresponding menu, being only the recording on the microSD card available in the jpeg format.
The captured thermal images then do not contain radiometric information.
The drone, the controller, the app are updated to the latest version.
As a curiosity, if I open the dji pilot application of the smart controller without connecting the M2EA, it allows me to select the r-jpeg format in the corresponding menu. The thing changes when connecting the drone since this option disappears.
Please clarify this situation with DJI.

IMG_3071.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3075.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG
IMG_3069.JPG
IMG_3070.JPG
2021-4-11
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

It is a radiometric image just not saved the same as FLIR with the .rjpg extension.

Just like you are able to use DJI Thermal Analysis Tool with the H20T right now, DJI will be officially releasing a new version of the thermal analysis tool with an ETA of this week that you can use with the M2EA.
2021-4-13
Use props
IsaacVV
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks,

At this time, DJI THERMAL ANALISYS post on DJI web can’t open radiometric info from  M2EA Thermal image.

We wait for updates, but in my opinion DJI don’t must sell a profesional Drone used for work without a analisys tool  

2021-4-15
Use props
bmanwithab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1773107 ft
United States

IsaacVV Posted at 4-15 11:26
Thanks,

At this time, DJI THERMAL ANALISYS post on DJI web can’t open radiometric info from  M2EA Thermal image.

Use version 2.  
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-dtat2
2021-4-16
Use props
ZioPino71
lvl.1
Italy

I received the Mavic Enterprise Advanced yesterday. After a lot test , using Thermal Analysis V2, the result is that the thermal jpeg  is not radiometric.  I confirm thet is not possible insert emissivity and other basic radiometric data and not is possible change thermal image format. For me there is a bug in the firmware.
I hope an answare from DJI soon  as possible.
2021-4-17
Use props
Zeke13z
lvl.1
United States

I purchased this so I could take thermal images and then later post-process them into thermal orthomosaics.  I am also looking for answers.  This is supposed to be a $6240usd powerhouse, not a $6240 paperweight.
2021-4-20
Use props
Ondrej.Melnik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 799731 ft
Czechia

Hello, I just received M2EA today, and  I´m unable to change image format. There is JPEG in default but there is not even an arrow to show me other options. Can´t click on it as well.

Do you guys know if there is an update coming soon? I really need to set into R-JPEG
IMG_20210504_132809.jpg
Where R-jpeg.jpg
2021-5-4
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

It is not available at this time. It is supposed to be there, assume it is a feature update on revs of the firmware.
2021-5-4
Use props
indoordronesystems
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10564 ft
  • >>>
Macao

Not sure if the M2EA will be able to save the R-Jpeg. Reply here so as to follow the topic.
2021-5-6
Use props
Ondrej.Melnik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 799731 ft
Czechia

Well that should be a difference between M2ED and M2EA. To be radiometric - R-JPEG
2021-5-6
Use props
DroneInspect
lvl.1

Germany

Is there any response from DJI on this thread?

I face the same issue and in the specification of the drone it says, that it is capable of capturing r-jpg format... that is why I bought it in the first place!

If there won't be soon any functionalities to obtain raw image, than this new drone release is a bit a scam of the customers..
2021-5-16
Use props
IsaacVV
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

No news or updates. They expect you to use their analysis software only and exclusively because the images cannot be processed with any software. This would not be a problem if the DJI software were powerful and with expected functionalities, however, it is very limited in its functionality.
2021-5-17
Use props
SHX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10230 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thermal Analysis Tool V1 cannot read the radiometric data from the M2EA.

DJI Thermal Analysis Tool 2 V2.0.11 doesn't seem to work after installation on Windows 10 Pro N. Testing a fresh Windows 10 Pro N install, we found that the installation package (.exe and .zip packages) is missing the following files:

1. mfc140u.dll
2. VCOMP140.dll

The M2EA camera cannot be set up correctly before taking pictures either. For Thermography, we need to have the ability to change the reflected apparent temperature and emissivity, presumably, this can be changed in DJI's Thermal Analysis Tool V2 if it will ever be fixed.

UpdateFuyuan at DJI Support suggests installing the following objects:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=48145

The program now runs but looks terrible:

Thermal Analysis Tool V2

Thermal Analysis Tool V2

The interface is clunky, to say the least, fonts, the general layout, it looks so bad and is difficult to obtain useful information.

2021-5-28
Use props
fans3d7f142c
New

United States

Hi,

Has anyone received any recent updates about capturing thermal images in R-JPEG format with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced?

Thanks.
2021-6-18
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

None....so far.
2021-6-19
Use props
djiuser_APH0FujkinOg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13911 ft
Sweden

Trying to upload a JPEG to DJI Analasys tool 2.0, and I have no idea how to get the thermal data out of the JPG? Are there any settings I missed when using this $8000 brick I bought? This drone has the potential to become absolutely amazing, is everything locked just to not compete with the Matrice 300?

Anyone know what I am missing when trying to use the thermal photos in the tool?

2021-6-19
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

As usual, DJI deceive customers that buy expensive machines. The Phantom 4 RTK is still a struggle to get it working right, mainly for those that bough the SDK radio. Software is not consistent between iOS and Android. We can produce a survey folder in android but not in iOS for example. Now I've made the mistake again and bought a M2EA because DJI said it could produce r_JPEG as the better DJI options. So far it's impossible to make a real use of the thermal images. We cannot produce a thermal mosaic in any software from it. Is it so difficult to provide users with a real enterprise level user experience?
2021-7-2
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Portugal

djiuser_APH0FujkinOg Posted at 6-19 13:58
Trying to upload a JPEG to DJI Analasys tool 2.0, and I have no idea how to get the thermal data out of the JPG? Are there any settings I missed when using this $8000 brick I bought? This drone has the potential to become absolutely amazing, is everything locked just to not compete with the Matrice 300?

Anyone know what I am missing when trying to use the thermal photos in the tool?

As usual, DJI deceive customers that buy expensive machines. The Phantom 4 RTK is still a struggle to get it working right, mainly for those that bough the SDK radio. Software is not consistent between iOS and Android. We can produce a survey folder in android but not in iOS for example. Now I've made the mistake again and bought a M2EA because DJI said it could produce r_JPEG as the better DJI options. So far it's impossible to make a real use of the thermal images. We cannot produce a thermal mosaic in any software from it. Is it so difficult to provide users with a real enterprise level user experience?
2021-7-2
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Portugal

2021-7-2
Use props
MVw3x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dear DJI, is there any update on the R-JPEG capability as advertised on your website; that the M2EA has Radiometric capability?
2021-8-17
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

What really is the definition of radiometric? Are the images saved with exact temperature data or is it relative? If I click on a point that is a known temperature, is that temp going to be correct in the software or image?
2021-8-20
Use props
s42
lvl.1

United States

Bioluminous Posted at 8-20 18:17
What really is the definition of radiometric? Are the images saved with exact temperature data or is it relative? If I click on a point that is a known temperature, is that temp going to be correct in the software or image?

Wow. Zero responses from DJI....

2021-10-8
Use props
s42
lvl.1

United States

s42 Posted at 10-8 08:32
Wow. Zero responses from DJI....

2021-10-8
Use props
LucGirod
lvl.2

Norway

So, the Thermal Analysis tool works fine, but really that's not really covering most applications. The Thermal SDK available fot the H20T is what we would really need, but it doesn't work with the M2EA yet...Please DJI, update your things!!!!!
2021-10-15
Use props
IsaacVV
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

No news from DJI......
2021-10-22
Use props
s42
lvl.1

United States

LucGirod Posted at 10-15 06:15
So, the Thermal Analysis tool works fine, but really that's not really covering most applications. The Thermal SDK available fot the H20T is what we would really need, but it doesn't work with the M2EA yet...Please DJI, update your things!!!!!
I found this random Reddit post by Tim Mammatt, a developer at Aetha Global. It looks like he has a working tool for this exact purpose that converts M2EA and H20T thermal images into FLIR r-jpegs or TIFFs. It has batch processing capabilities included. Tim was very responsive to my emails. There is a week long free trial that can be extended, but I do not know the cost for a full license (the tool is still in development). He said the full license is free for public universities / institutions. See post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/UAVmapping/comments/ppq97c/does_anyone_have_a_sample_of_rpjegs_from_dji/
This is exactly what I needed to batch process M2EA thermal images into true radiometric thermal TIFFs for producing true temperature orthos.
I don't know how Aetha Global is going to commercialize this tool once it is complete. I am personally wondering if they are going to integrate it into other already existing, more expensive, tools that Aetha is already developing with DJI.
2021-10-29
Use props
vyshnavi
New

India

Hii. Does anyone have idea about how to extract thermal values from Mavic 2 Enterprise?
2021-11-3
Use props
Dronomy
lvl.1

Spain

We have a software capable of converting the radiometric images into a CSV with temperature values. You can contact us for more information at info@dronomy.es.
2021-11-3
Use props
fansa82ef67b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4752352 ft
Colombia

No problems with M2EA

dj THERMAL ANALYSIS TOOL 2  (UPDATE) Temperature measurements at corner:

2021-11-24
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 925010 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Its always a problem. Doesn't work.
2021-11-30
Use props
GSCWW
lvl.1

China

hi guys i'm a newbie here,  and for me the problem is i need to do some preprocess work on the so called radiometric images taken from the thermal cameras,  so what info i should keep after the preprocessing so that i can used the image for the TSDK process?
2021-12-1
Use props
gabotechv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4752352 ft
Colombia

GSCWW Posted at 12-1 00:39
hi guys i'm a newbie here,  and for me the problem is i need to do some preprocess work on the so called radiometric images taken from the thermal cameras,  so what info i should keep after the preprocessing so that i can used the image for the TSDK process?

Each camera brand  uses his own software and only need a jpg-r file

for example

Flir -Flir Tools
Fluke - Smart view
Dji - DJI Image analyzer

2021-12-9
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

It is a radiometric image just not saved the same as FLIR with the .rjpg extension. It automatically captures the data.

You can either use DJI Thermal Analysis Tool (V3 as of now) or the DJI Thermal SDK if developing third party software which has been done by companies like Loc8 and DroneDeploy.

There is also third party software like ThermoConverter which converts the file into FLIR format.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules