Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature request: when in zoom mode, have joystick L/R tilt gimbal
712 4 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoranBonn
lvl.2
Germany

I realized when shooting in tilt locked mode, I very often need to zoom, but also very often need to adjust the vertical tilt of the gimbal. So I am often switching between zoom mode and gimbal pan mode with a doubleclick of the left button on the joystick attachment.
When in pan mode, all 4 directions on the joystick have a purpose. However, when in zoom mode, only UP and DOWN have a purpose, while LEFT and RIGHT are not used.

It would be great if in zoom mode, the unused directions would still control the vertical tilt of the gimbal - particularly while in tilt locked mode. Though it would be slightly more logical if U/D controlled the tilt, and L/R controlled the zoom (right to zoom in, left to zoom out).
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GoranBonn. Thanks for reaching out! We do appreciate your suggestion and although this feature isn't currently available, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Pocket 2. Thanks for your continued support and choosing DJI!
2021-4-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Use the slider at the right side of the Pocket 2 screen - hidden feature!
2021-4-13
Use props
GoranBonn
lvl.2
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-13 04:30
Use the slider at the right side of the Pocket 2 screen - hidden feature!

Thanks, I keep forgetting this exists! I was aware of it, but somehow when shooting I find the screen to fiddly to work with and just use the physical buttons.
2021-4-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm sure at one time the left/right movement of the joystick did pan the gimbal even when it was in zoom  mode.  Maybe it disappeared in a firmware update.  Certainly that joystick movement could be used for something rather than nothing.
2021-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules