FPV problem dangerous!
3866 20 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Core914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95781 ft
Spain

Hello to all pilots and administration of this website!
I want to contact you with a FPV DRON problem that happened to me.

My drone is out of order, and I want to be helped to restore justice and everything was without lies!

So as not to waste your time, I'll start a few seconds before the accident!

I was flying towards my home point, and suddenly the glasses lost connection

1) Video from copter memory card, the picture shows how the drone in direct line of sight to me automatically stops recording and loses contact with the glasses, from that moment I see nothing  H15m D 637 m
Снимок экрана 2021-04-09 в 12.30.18.jpg
Video https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mQkY4DRh5DltZFEozFkp9zHW9k5BGsqG?usp=sharing

2) video from the memory card of the glasses, the picture shows how interference appears and the drone automatically stops recording. after which I don't see anything in the glasses and the drone continues its flight H15m D 637 m
Снимок экрана 2021-04-10 в 20.02.59.png

Video https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mQkY4DRh5DltZFEozFkp9zHW9k5BGsqG?usp=sharing

3) Flight recording from the remote control indicates that communication with the remote control has not been lost.
And for this reason, an accident occurred, I did not see anything with glasses, I thought that the drone slowed down as usual as it did earlier on other flights, but it continues to fly.
IMG_3709.jpg
the drone continued to fly for 3 seconds before hitting water without control.

4) An example from another flight from the same drone, when the same situation with the loss of communication occurred
IMG_3714.jpg
here you can see a good connection with the remote control, but the connection with the glasses is lost.

1. Dron immediately writes about it and immediately slows down
2. Dron goes into normal mode
3. A notification comes that the recording is automatically stopped.

What happened in my case. (when the accident happened)

The drone just stopped recording. although this is the last point he had to do.

the drone continued to fly for 3 seconds before hitting water without control.

I got the drone out of the water, I have DJI Refresh insurance, but I do not want to restore it because it was not my mistake. I flew in line of sight as there was nothing to cut off the connection with the glasses and the drone did not stop, but continued to fly without control, it is not safe.

If I restore this drone using DJI Refresh, how can I be sure it won't happen again?
I think that this is a breakdown in the glasses, and I want to be given a new product that will be serviceable.

I believe that the person who communicates with me in support does not understand the problem, and constantly changes his conclusions.

First message:
they just wrote me information from the remote control only in text form,
only they did not indicate that the video recording was automatically stopped, and did not indicate the reason for this!
Снимок экрана 2021-04-11 в 19.17.12.png

Second message:
They still do not want to pay attention to this evidence, and in direct text they write in the photo
at number 1. (that the drone stopped recording and recorded everything before it fell into the water),
although the restored recording from the drone's flash card and the data from the remote control
show what exactly that he did. stopped recording.
2. (The aircraft responded well and it crashed into the water in the end.)
Let me remind you that the drone just stopped recording, and stopped transmitting the picture to the glasses, after that it flew for more than 3 seconds and fell into the water.
Снимок экрана 2021-04-11 в 19.27.07.png
Third message:
Third message killed me, it feels like they don't even want to understand this problem.
Let me remind you that the connection with the drone was lost at 6:05, they send me a review of the flight at 6:07,
and they say that they explained the reason for stopping the recording, although until that moment they tried to get away from the topic. By the way,
I did not find the answer to this question in the previous messages.
Снимок экрана 2021-04-11 в 19.45.25.jpg

I am writing to them that I lost control of the drone, at 6.05 and I did not see anything, it is clear that the drone will fall without control. which he did after 3 seconds. how can I control him when I don't see anything in glasses, and before he always slowed down and did other actions. why don't you indicate then that this can happen? how could i be prepared for this? I have a DJI mavic pro for quiet flights, I bought this drone specifically in order to fly just as I flew in the video. that's what it was created for! I paid 1500 euros dron whom I can trust! and not some kind of rubbish!

f this problem is not solved, I will continue. I will promote this so that as many people as possible know about this issue. wait for the video on YouTube. there I will tell and show everything in more detail, at that moment we filmed a review of a comparison of two drones dji mavic pro vs dji fpv dron.
so the whole story is on the video.  I posted all the materials of the rewrite on google disk, you can see everything there!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mQkY4DRh5DltZFEozFkp9zHW9k5BGsqG?usp=sharing

Thank you

2021-4-11
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

You crashed it, only 15 meters from water, pretty easy to go down that fast in manual..... Hey either pay 700$ for a new bird or be out the 1500 you quoted
2021-4-11
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A long post, for me it’s pilot error. Ok you lost video feed back, it can happen. There can be many reasons, from tech failure to the place you were flying. Every time you fly there’s a risk, yeah it sucks, loss of primary feed back is going to be limiting, hitting the pause would have thrown the drone in to normal mode and may have given you time to visually spot the aircraft and recover or RTH it.

In manual it can go wrong quickly, unfortunately! What would I have done? Don’t know, probably crashed too!

Send it in, get a your replacement and move on.
2021-4-11
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

Whoreable Posted at 4-11 17:27
You crashed it, only 15 meters from water, pretty easy to go down that fast in manual..... Hey either pay 700$ for a new bird or be out the 1500 you quoted

This is a FPV drone, it was created in order to take such shots, I specially bought a dji to avoid such errors.

This is not the first time that I have lost communication at a ridiculous distance, 200-400 meters, and sometimes the drone braked itself at the same altitude, but this time dron decided not to do it, so I want to figure it out, is this normal?
2021-4-11
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

Buzzyone Posted at 4-11 22:29
A long post, for me it’s pilot error. Ok you lost video feed back, it can happen. There can be many reasons, from tech failure to the place you were flying. Every time you fly there’s a risk, yeah it sucks, loss of primary feed back is going to be limiting, hitting the pause would have thrown the drone in to normal mode and may have given you time to visually spot the aircraft and recover or RTH it.

In manual it can go wrong quickly, unfortunately! What would I have done? Don’t know, probably crashed too!

Move on?
Will I change my drone for a new one and the next time it crashes into my client? This is a working drone for action to fly low over and close! okay, if I were not in the coverage area, or something was bothering me with trees or houses, there was an open space and great weather and a short distance.
How can I be sure of my next flight?
I want to get an answer, is it normal that he loses the signal at 200-500 meters from me, with the reception of visibility ?! I watched videos on YouTube of other bloggers, they don't have such a problem, so why can't this be a marriage of glasses?
2021-4-11
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Core914 Posted at 4-11 23:24
Move on?
Will I change my drone for a new one and the next time it crashes into my client? This is a working drone for action to fly low over and close! okay, if I were not in the coverage area, or something was bothering me with trees or houses, there was an open space and great weather and a short distance.
How can I be sure of my next flight?

All you can do is send it in, If you think there is an issue with the goggles raise a ticket and send those in too or send them as part of your claim.

I'm not saying DJI is right or wrong, but with only the flight logs who can say what the issue is? Send the drone & the goggles in for evaluation, may be they will discover a problem with your goggles which may change the outcome of their initial assessment.

Not giving them a chance to see the equipment before flaming them on YouTube is not going to do you any favours or help your case.

In manual flight losing coms with the remote will put the aircraft into normal stabilised mode, the remote stayed connected so it stayed in manual. An unfortunate set of circumstances, your proximity to the water didn't give much room for error.

I fly in and out of trees, at speed, its great fun, but.... eventually something will go wrong, it might be me, it might be the equipment, its something I accept as part of the risk of flying. When it does go wrong, then I will evaluate and ask DJI to assist.

If I was in your position, I would be asking DJI for help and support, not blasting them because the preliminary investigation hasn't gone your way. I have used their support, we disagreed on the way to resolve, a polite discussion followed, and they resolved in my favour.
2021-4-12
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

Buzzyone Posted at 4-12 01:17
All you can do is send it in, If you think there is an issue with the goggles raise a ticket and send those in too or send them as part of your claim.

I'm not saying DJI is right or wrong, but with only the flight logs who can say what the issue is? Send the drone & the goggles in for evaluation, may be they will discover a problem with your goggles which may change the outcome of their initial assessment.
maybe this video in YouTube  will not help me, but it will help other users who want to buy this drone, if I saw such a video and learned about such risks, I would not buy this drone.

I want to wait for a response from the company why this happened.  why the drone stopped recording and continued flying for another 3 seconds before falling.  he found out about the loss of connection but made the last point.  and missed the first two, this is a stop, and the transition to N mode.  believe 3-4 seconds  it is enough to stop. if he tried to stop and fell into the water, I would not even start this topic.
2021-4-12
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

If I am correct - you are in EU, so it means you're on 25 MW. My experience with this set up - at 600 meters the video will begin to deteriorates to the level that manual flight doesn't seem to be a good idea. Your crash sucks, don't get me wrong but flying manual mode at such a distance on an EU firmware seems like asking it to happen ...
2021-4-12
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

tomekyo Posted at 4-12 01:58
If I am correct - you are in EU, so it means you're on 25 MW. My experience with this set up - at 600 meters the video will begin to deteriorates to the level that manual flight doesn't seem to be a good idea. Your crash sucks, don't get me wrong but flying manual mode at such a distance on an EU firmware seems like asking it to happen ...
and how to fix it?

I bought this drone on Amazon EU, they wrote to me that the connection is 10 km, why are they lying?
FBDD69D1-BEE3-4487-881B-65C23223B268.jpeg
2021-4-12
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Core914 Posted at 4-12 02:02
and how to fix it?

I bought this drone on Amazon EU, they wrote to me that the connection is 10 km, why are they lying?

Yes it is what they are doing and yest it could have happened to me as well. I noticed that the video stottered at approximately 600 meters as well but was lucky not to had crashed ... now I applied the FAA mod to the drone and leave the manual flight to my real FPV drones ...and my grandpa used to say "if they write ass on a piece of wood, are yo ugoing to go and grab it?"
2021-4-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomekyo Posted at 4-12 01:58
If I am correct - you are in EU, so it means you're on 25 MW. My experience with this set up - at 600 meters the video will begin to deteriorates to the level that manual flight doesn't seem to be a good idea. Your crash sucks, don't get me wrong but flying manual mode at such a distance on an EU firmware seems like asking it to happen ...

I'm in the EU, in open countryside I get 1600 meters without issue.
2021-4-12
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

Buzzyone Posted at 4-12 02:46
I'm in the EU, in open countryside I get 1600 meters without issue.

I’m talking about it.  on my drone every time the connection was lost at ridiculous distances, 200-600 meters.  with direct line of sight, when the remote control has full communication, and the glasses go blind.
2021-4-12
Use props
HEXA
lvl.1

Singapore

Buzzyone Posted at 4-12 01:17
In manual flight losing coms with the remote will put the aircraft into  normal stabilised mode, the remote stayed connected so it stayed in  manual. An unfortunate set of circumstances, your proximity to the water  didn't give much room for error.  

That's retarded, not 'unfortunate'. If you lose video - you lose control, end of story.

If losing coms will put it into normal mode, losing video should do the same.

2021-4-12
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Where can I get the FAA mod?  I fly with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, DJI min2 and fly in de EU. With these drones I can fly 2000 meter without losing my videosignal in the DJI Smart controller and also not in the white  DJI Goggles.

What I think is strange that I can't fly further then 700 meters with my DJI FPV drone and the V2 Goggles. Why is this? So I think you have a point that the maximium video transmission in the EU is pretty bad compared to other DJI drones. But that doesn't mean that you can blame it to DJI because I think you don't have to take the risk to fly in Manual mode so far away.  Buildings can block your signal to.
2021-4-12
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Censurion Posted at 4-12 07:23
Where can I get the FAA mod?  I fly with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, DJI min2 and fly in de EU. With these drones I can fly 2000 meter without losing my videosignal in the DJI Smart controller and also not in the white  DJI Goggles.

What I think is strange that I can't fly further then 700 meters with my DJI FPV drone and the V2 Goggles. Why is this? So I think you have a point that the maximium video transmission in the EU is pretty bad compared to other DJI drones. But that doesn't mean that you can blame it to DJI because I think you don't have to take the risk to fly in Manual mode so far away.  Buildings can block your signal to.

"Where can I get the FAA mod?"

There's a thread on this forum about this topic.
There's also this video.
"If I was in your position, I would be asking DJI for help and support, not blasting them because the preliminary investigation hasn't gone your way."
I'm not the one who lost a drone but I think I agree with @Bussyone

I personally haven't flown either of my two FPV drones in manual mode. I know, from past experience with RC aircraft, things can go wrong very quickly. For now I prefer to fly with the training wheels provided by DJI's firmware. I have other drones I can fly when I want to be more adventurous.

2021-4-12
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Censurion Posted at 4-12 07:23

Go youtube and searcn for FCC Hacks
2021-4-12
Use props
keggyhander
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Could you explain how to get the map view for the DJI FPV drone? I mean the view which you have overlaid with "Recording Automatically stopped". I cannot get anything like this in neither my goggles nor the Fly app.  Please help.
2022-8-24
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

For me it looks like you had an interference from someone else, intentional or not, in the same range of the goggle’s frequency. DJI should have an automatic mode change to Normal mode (N) and brake the drone for such situations.
2022-8-24
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

EiraSYS Posted at 8-24 04:06
For me it looks like you had an interference from someone else, intentional or not, in the same range of the goggle’s frequency. DJI should have an automatic mode change to Normal mode (N) and brake the drone for such situations.

I believe the FPV already does this. I had a situation where the FPV was in manual mode, was getting low behind a hill and the video was starting to degrade. The FPV then switched to Normal mode. I don't recall if I had to adjust the throttle to maintain altitude. But, I think the FPV did that for me.
2022-8-24
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

BudWalker Posted at 8-24 05:36
I believe the FPV already does this. I had a situation where the FPV was in manual mode, was getting low behind a hill and the video was starting to degrade. The FPV then switched to Normal mode. I don't recall if I had to adjust the throttle to maintain altitude. But, I think the FPV did that for me.

In Sport Mode it brakes, hovering until we get video back and regain control. Happened me once while behind and under a lot of trees. Guess it will only go to home if batteries are low.
In Manual Mode I don't know.
2022-8-24
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pilot error end of story.  
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced