Gimbal is very jittery (esp. in beginning of flight)
644 6 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22861 ft
Bulgaria

Hi guys, here is my problem, quite obvious in the video:

So, basically this started happening recently, I had smooth flights before that and all of a sudden this jittery display started happening. Gimbal is going crazy without any particular reason. The drone has not crashed, when i move the gimbal with fingers it moves smoothly without finding any obstrctions with is. The problems are mainly in the begining of the flights, when I fly around and record some more it almost disappears (not entirely, but not as severe as in this video), but in the begining it can render a lot of material (and battery life) unusable before it becomes realtively stable and my work is not completely in vain, so it is quite a nuissance.

I calibrated the drone before flight, I calibrated the gimbal as well. Also there is a ND filter placed on. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JoePsysky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try checking the propellers of you DJI Drone and please try replacing them for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-4-11
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-11 21:08
Hello there JoePsysky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try checking the propellers of you DJI Drone and please try replacing them for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

But the propellers are immaculate, no issues with them whatsoever, never had hit anything and they are pristine, good as new. Also at some point after the first 5-6 minutes of flying things begin gradually stabilizing and only single trembles can be seen here and there. If it was due to propellers, wouldn't that be constant problem? First flights I did I didn't have such problems, they started happening recently. Also I don't have spare ones with me, so it would be hard to replace them and it seems extraordinary for the issue to be related with propellers, as the flying itself is great, the gimbal is acting crazily. Anyone experienced anything similar?
2021-4-12
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

JoePsysky Posted at 4-12 05:44
But the propellers are immaculate, no issues with them whatsoever, never had hit anything and they are pristine, good as new. Also at some point after the first 5-6 minutes of flying things begin gradually stabilizing and only single trembles can be seen here and there. If it was due to propellers, wouldn't that be constant problem? First flights I did I didn't have such problems, they started happening recently. Also I don't have spare ones with me, so it would be hard to replace them and it seems extraordinary for the issue to be related with propellers, as the flying itself is great, the gimbal is acting crazily. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Ok, I found out what is causing this - the ND filter i put on. When the ND filter is there the gimbal goes haywire. When I put on the factory default protector no problem whatsoever. Now the question is why could the ND filter cause this amount of disturbance? Any ideas?
2021-4-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

JoePsysky Posted at 4-24 05:15
Ok, I found out what is causing this - the ND filter i put on. When the ND filter is there the gimbal goes haywire. When I put on the factory default protector no problem whatsoever. Now the question is why could the ND filter cause this amount of disturbance? Any ideas?

The mass of the replacement ND filter may not be the same as the original. If you have a fairly precise balance you can easily check.

Jordane
2021-4-28
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-28 00:29
The mass of the replacement ND filter may not be the same as the original. If you have a fairly precise balance you can easily check.

Jordane

I guess, but it is a PolarPro filter specific to this model, how can it be so drastically different? I mean, if the mass was different in these filters nobody would be buying them.
2021-4-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Even a minor defect is always possible. I don't know this needs to be explored. Maybe the manufacturer could say more.
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules