Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dji_user_hook69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11496 ft
Italy

Hi all,
i am new in the dji world and in the drone world,
this is my first drone, and this is my first post...
i have recently bought the mini2 and i noticed this brightness oscillation problem ...
could someone kindly help me figure out what may have happened?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Andrea.

2021-4-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What brightness oscillation problem?
That video looks fine.

2021-4-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-11 18:50
Did you not notice the fact that the brightness of the scene was pulsating?

Sorry ... I can now.
I was expecting a bigger change and it didn't show enough until I enlarged the video window.
It looks like auto exposure was making small adjustments up/down..
If that's the cause, manually setting exposure would prevent it.
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dji_user_hook69. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been pointed out by Labroides, the exposure is making adjustments due to the scenery (clouds and the sky). If the exposure is set to auto, set it to manual to avoid this.
2021-4-11
Use props
Dji_user_hook69
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 23:30
Hi, Dji_user_hook69. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been pointed out by Labroides, the exposure is making adjustments due to the scenery (clouds and the sky). If the exposure is set to auto, set it to manual to avoid this.

Hi all,
and thanks everyone for the answers.
Since I bought the Mini2 (January) until today I have recorded about 400 clips ... with variable duration and various weather conditions and in 99% of cases all recorded with the exposure in automatic, but only in this clip I noticed the problem ... that's why I got suspicious ...

this clip was recorded yesterday 11 April 2021
and in this case the weather conditions are similar to the first clip posted but in this case the brightness of the clip is ok

Thanks so much
Andrea.

2021-4-12
Use props
Dji_user_hook69
lvl.1
Italy

ps. the first clip was recorded on March 28, 2021 ... can I somehow see which firmware the clip was recorded with?
Now the Mini2 is updated to the latest version but I don't remember if on March 28 the firmware was the previous one or not ...
2021-4-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The firmware will not cause this, as stated previously set the exposure to manual. the dense cloud cover/ lighter areas create this effect. Best option is to set to auto at takeoff to get an idea of proper settings, then switch to manual to keep the exposure locked.
2021-4-13
Use props
Dji_user_hook69
lvl.1
Italy

videoeditman Posted at 4-13 04:43
The firmware will not cause this, as stated previously set the exposure to manual. the dense cloud cover/ lighter areas create this effect. Best option is to set to auto at takeoff to get an idea of proper settings, then switch to manual to keep the exposure locked.

Thanks for the reply,
as I am new to the videoedit environment and drones,
I will follow your advice and that of the other users who have written above carefully, to try to get more professional looking clips

thank you all
Andrea.
2021-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules