Cant connect to phone
2332 6 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I bought the DJI FPV drone kit.  I had no issues connecting it to my phone to activate it like a lot of people were reporting around release time.   However, I recently wanted to try the video output to DJI Fly app on my Android phone.   However, it seems like my goggles wont connect to my phone at all now - there is no response from the phone when i plug it in, nothing pops up on the goggles or on the phone, and if I load the DJI fly app, it just has the "connect aircraft" button.

I tried completely removing DJI fly and installing it fresh from the DJI download center with no change.   The goggles connect to DJI assistant fine on my PC.   Has anyone else run into this issue or have ideas what I could do to fix it?   Does the phone video output actually work?

Thanks~
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-11 18:54
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the response.  The phone is a Oneplus 6T.  As I said it worked fine for activating and updating the drone initially.  

Thanks again
2021-4-11
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you got the OTG adapter plugged in? You only need it for activation and updates when the goggles need to be the client and not the host.

Some phones see m to work fine others get confused! Depends on how some manufactures implemented the port.
2021-4-11
Use props
fansd0cf2763
lvl.1

Canada

Reverse the ends of the USB-C/USB-A cable, ie, the USB-C to A adapter plugs into the goggles.
2021-4-12
Use props
MANNU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3832 ft
Canada

same issue....no help out there....my avata is bricked as I just received it and can't fly...it;s just as good as a brick
2022-9-14
Use props
MaxP
lvl.1

Russia

Same issue.. First connect after unpacking was ok and my phone Huawei P40 Pro popup me USB connection and I activated my goggles and drone. But after activating my phone popup me USB connection as FileExplorer connection. On my PC with DJI Assistant all ok and I can update my devices. And I have a question - why DJI Fly app ask me for connect the drone and show me some screens with steps for connecting? Or it is a phone trouble? On my android tablet same issue too. I think that this problem in firmware of goggles
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules