4805 7 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chopples
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all Not sure if anyone can assist but here goes....

My mates DJIFPV crashed on the weekend, unfortunately he isnt sure how it happened and once the video transmission cut so did all contact with the drone. He suspects it may have veered of into a tree but we are struggling to locate the exact area. The 30 second last footage only shows the start of the flight (useless) and as contact was lost with the drone immediately, the connecting the drone to a phone inorder to use find my drone will also not work.

In the hope of finding some gps data we have pulled everything from the drone via DJI assistant, We have also pulled all individual DAT files and obtained all the flight record.txt files which the goggles held.

My question is, Is there anyway to make use of these files? Just to add we have tried various apps such as DATCON and FRAP873, we have also tried uploading to airdata and the txt files to phantom help. We did have some data pull in when using FRAP873 and selecting the mavic option but unfortunately no gps data. My gut says due to the version of DJI fly used by the goggles and the fact the drone is still pretty new makes me think we could be SOL on this.

If there is no way for us users to read them files then does anyone think DJI will be able to assist if we sent the full DAT to them for investigation, perhaps supplying us with the last know GPS coords?

cheers
2021-4-12
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I'm just learning about this sort of stuff myself so hopefully someone more knowledgeable with chime in and correct anything I get wrong.

The DJI Fly app is the only app I'm aware which interfaces with the FPV drone. From the Fly app select Profile\More and this will bring up the Flight Data Center. From here you can load the data from the goggles. The OTG adaptor needs to be connected to the goggles. After you press the clock face symbol in the top right corner, the display should update with the files on the goggles. Pressing the far right icon of the file you want to upload. Once you upload it you should be able to view the flight with the Fly app with either the map or the satellite background.

Once you have the flight data in your device, you can sync it with your DJI account. The Airdata website will let you import your data from DJI. I was doing this myself when I checked the forum. I'm pretty sure there's a way to share the data from the Airdata website but I haven't done this myself yet.
Edit: For what it's worth, I have not found a way to make sense of any of the files I find when accessing the DJI folder with my tablet connected to the PC. From what I can see, it's easier to use the DJI Fly app to access these files.
2021-4-12
Use props
chopples
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 4-12 07:27
I'm just learning about this sort of stuff myself so hopefully someone more knowledgeable with chime in and correct anything I get wrong.

The DJI Fly app is the only app I'm aware which interfaces with the FPV drone. From the Fly app select Profile\More and this will bring up the Flight Data Center. From here you can load the data from the goggles. The OTG adaptor needs to be connected to the goggles. After you press the clock face symbol in the top right corner, the display should update with the files on the goggles. Pressing the far right icon of the file you want to upload. Once you upload it you should be able to view the flight with the Fly app with either the map or the satellite background.

Excellent stuff mate, thanks for your help. As it wasn't my drone I didn't actually consider that the goggles needed to be connected to a phone with that dji app open in order to sync the  

I have the goggles here and transferring  the data over now to my DJI acc, fingers crossed.

cheers
2021-4-12
Use props
chopples
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just an update on this, Thanks to Duane I was able to get the log of the goggles onto my iPhone but as the drone isn't registered to my account I couldn't import. I therefore plugged into a Mac, pulled the file and it then worked via airdata. I then pulled the KML, imported into google earth and we could see the tree it hit and also established it landed on the floor. Long story short drone now recovered. Many thanks for your help.

cheers
2021-4-12
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

chopples Posted at 4-12 11:41
Just an update on this, Thanks to Duane I was able to get the log of the goggles onto my iPhone but as the drone isn't registered to my account I couldn't import. I therefore plugged into a Mac, pulled the file and it then worked via airdata. I then pulled the KML, imported into google earth and we could see the tree it hit and also established it landed on the floor. Long story short drone now recovered. Many thanks for your help.

cheers

"Long story short drone now recovered."

That's fantastic! Hopefully the damage wasn't too bad.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chopples. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to recover the said DJI Drone. If you have any issues or concerns with the said DJI Drone on future flights. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-12
Use props
fansdf6ba693
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15405358 ft
Canada

Duane Degn Posted at 4-12 07:27

The DJI Fly app is the only app I'm aware which interfaces with the FPV drone. From the Fly app select Profile\More and this will bring up the Flight Data Center. From here you can load the data from the goggles. The OTG adaptor needs to be connected to the goggles. After you press the clock face symbol in the top right corner, the display should update with the files on the goggles. Pressing the far right icon of the file you want to upload. Once you upload it you should be able to view the flight with the Fly app with either the map or the satellite background.

Thanks Duane that was very useful. I now have my flight records but the time shown taking off looks like China time, had me taking off at 0300 hrs!! Cannot see where to change to my local time. Any idea where I can change the time? Many thanks.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

Hey, I'm in a similar position to chopples. My DJI FPV sank: (I have been exchanging emails with DJI for two weeks, but they cannot tell me the solution! The situation is: the Goggle-DJI Fly synchronization is OK, but the flights from DJI FPV do not appear in the flight list. After clicking the "clock" icon in the upper right corner I get a list of DAT files (I have the impression that they are created after each activation of the goggles because apart from the unfortunate flight on October 1, I have a lot of other files with subsequent dates, even though the drone is at the bottom of the lake).
I click the icon next to the file from the moment of flight, I get a confirmation that the file was downloaded to the phone (smartphone-shaped icon on the left side of the file) but I still do not have any access to this file. I can't find it in DJI Fly.
I am almost sure that the drone escaped not my fault, but I will not be able to prove it to DJI because they have NO access to any data from my DJI FPV flights.
How to find the goggle file saved via DJI Fly and will it be useful to regain the aircraft's position? After catching it, I could send it to DJI for analysis or use Care
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules