Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
fly apps with tablets
348 6 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bouffy24
lvl.1
Canada

Hi everyone, which recent tablets work well with the dji fly app for mavic air 2. i don't want to know which tablets dji recommend, i want to know which ones you use. I have tried the samusung A7 2020 tablet and I have no image from the camera. I want to buy a new one but I want to be sure that it will work with the app

thanks
2021-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use both the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (not the Lite) and S7.  Both work fine and no issues with DJI Fly App whatsoever.  Hope this helps.  Have a great week.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bouffy24. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A7 2020 Tablet ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A7 2020 Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-4-12
Use props
Bouffy24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-12 03:53
Hello there Bouffy24. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A7 2020 Tablet ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A7 2020 Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.

No Android tablets are listed and only old ipad are listed. Its about time they review there list. For a company like Dji ......
2021-4-12
Use props
Bouffy24
lvl.1
Canada

Anybody else use tablets with the dji fly apps?
2021-4-12
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I sometimes use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with my Mini.  Works fine, but the Tab A does not have an internal compass, so the indicator of which way the drone is from you does not work.  If you depend on that, the Tab A would be a poor choice.  I hardly ever used it when I fly with my phone, so I don't really miss it.
2021-4-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do NOT buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T290 for use with either the MA2 or the Mini 2. It will NOT work because it is too slow for Ocusync 2. I gave mine away with one of my Mini's even though it has no compass; the new owner said "close enough".

I sucessfully use two ASUS Zenpad Z8S (not Z8)  tablets on all my drones now. The last one I bought, used, came from eBay at $69 and works and looks perfect.
TIP: All the Z8S tabs appear very slightly "bent" from top to bottom. That is normal. Some sellers mistakenly call that a defect and discount them, good for us.
https://www.ebay.com/p/16007965103?iid=274752923004

MA2 remote with ASUS tablet and neckstrap.jpg
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules