1913 7 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CGPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I attempted to fly a comerical job at 3944 E Oak Ave Visalia, CA USA at 9:30am local time. Once I got a GPS lock the top bar was Red and it said no fly zone. I knew the airspace was class G and I was cleared to fly. I procedded to toss my DJI equipment back in my car and pulled out my EVO Pro backup. It allways flys and was able to do the job when DJI sits on the gorund asking permission from china to fly. When will these bugs be fixed? When can I count on my DJI equipment? I drove over a hour to fly this job today and it was a dam good things I had an aircraft made by someone other than DJI there to fly the mission. I fly at least 10 minsions a week and I have seen this from time to time. I just can't trust it to fly. I would prefer to only fly DJI but I have had to walk away from jobs in the past due to fly safe locking me out even when I am licensed to fly.
2021-4-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you keeping your fly safe database up to date as that location is not currently listed as a red zone.
2021-4-12
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just checked LAANC no problems at all with flying there. That location is even well east of the County Jail, and if you look at FlySafe for that area you are nowhere near the approach into KVIS. I agree that maybe a Database Update is needed. Also self unlocking is a breeze in that area even if you did need it for working closer to the airport.
2021-4-13
Use props
CGPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

The database is up to date. I have a self unlock zone setup for that airport. I tried enabling it on the aircraft and it still showed locked. I was clearly outside the airport zone and waited far longer than needed for a good GPS lock. I was also no where near the Jail weat of my position.

I have used that airport unlock zone before as I was contracted to fly an aerial scan of all the runways and taxiways at the Visalia Airport. We closed the airport for 2 hours (well in advance) and then took photos at about 70' of every square inch of the paved area to do a crack survey. This creates a map that shows the airport the location of every crack in the tarmac larger than 1/8" (that's the size they wanted to repair). This whole process was yet another frustration because while I was able to unlock that area for flight, Litchi can't access the unlocked flight area. So Litchi could not fly it's auto missions and I had to fly the entire airport manualy and fire the camera manually with hundreds of shutter presses very precicly timed. It should have been an automated flight in half the time.
2021-4-14
Use props
Adler Irwin
New

Canada

I have ran into this issue 3 times. I only have one drone and its a dji ofcourse. I think I need to switch though. I spent thousands of dollars and hours upon hours of training to get my advanced license here in Canada and now ever since I updated my firmware it steps on my toes constantly. I'm not a basic pilot. Dji hobbiest junk toys.
2021-12-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adler Irwin Posted at 12-24 09:06
I have ran into this issue 3 times. I only have one drone and its a dji ofcourse. I think I need to switch though. I spent thousands of dollars and hours upon hours of training to get my advanced license here in Canada and now ever since I updated my firmware it steps on my toes constantly. I'm not a basic pilot. Dji hobbiest junk toys.

DJI’s FlySafe system is dead simple to use. If you spend just a little time understanding how it works, it will never stop you from flying anywhere.  I fly (legally) in controlled airspace all the time and have never once had DJI’s system stop me from flying.  If it’s the best tool for the job, don’t let something as simple as their FlySafe system be an excuse.  
2021-12-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its easier to just not use DJI products even if  their pretty good.  Eliminate China
2021-12-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

vonbaron1 Posted at 12-27 11:04
Its easier to just not use DJI products even if  their pretty good.  Eliminate China

Yes, of course. All other drones and not made in China.....
2021-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules