DJI Fly app
2558 10 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwaddling
lvl.1

Canada

I just got my new DJI Mini 2, woohoo! But I'm caught between a rock and a hard place with the DJI Fly app.
I can use either of two phones, with my preference being my Samsung Galaxy S10, which I see is supported. However, it's a work phone and while I can install whatever I want from the Play Store sideloading isn't an option. The box said that the software is available in the Play Store but it isn't. So I figured I could go to plan B my personal phone which is an Essential PH-1 (I don't really use it any more) and I have no restrictions on sideloading. The problem is the phone isn't "supported" so while it will connect to the drone it will only stay connected for about five seconds and then reconnects five seconds later. Are you adding the DJI Fly app to the Play Store as your other software is? Can I use a different DJI app for the Mini 2? Any options will be helpful.

Thanks, Dave
2021-4-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems to have been removed from the play store due to being in the entity list in the USA,  you can blame the former president.
2021-4-12
Use props
Robprid
lvl.1

South Africa

Just go to https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and install it from there, yes the previous president caused all this (DJI removing it from app store)
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_PZOUm2itolfI
New

United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-12 23:19
Seems to have been removed from the play store due to being in the entity list in the USA,  you can blame the former president.

Amen! Ovomit really screwed the Country!
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_PZOUm2itolfI
New

United States

Robprid Posted at 4-13 05:55
Just go to https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and install it from there, yes the previous president caused all this (DJI removing it from app store)

Some ppl are just sad.
2021-4-13
Use props
rab123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is there any new release for samsung tablets?
2021-4-13
Use props
dwaddling
lvl.1

Canada

Hmm that doesn't leave me many options. I can't sideload the APK because it's a work phone. I can install anything from the Play Store no problem. The drone was a present from my wife but I have no option but to return it.

Thanks for the help
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_gLvNQ7FPeZis
New

United States

Just updated software for DJI Fly for "Mavic 3 support" and can no longer use the app. First it crashed, taking my files with it (15 hours!) And now is unable to be downloaded directly from DJI. I am on with a representative now and they're trying to email me an earlier file. DJI DID A SOLID WRONG BY US.
2021-11-10
Use props
Lucky Tom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2165 ft
United States

Do not send the drone back, just get a compatible phone.  It is a gift from your wife, remember?
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_eURQ4AeuOe3b
New

Australia

Will this be compatible w new phones at all sitting here w a s20 unable to use a drone I bought bit
stupid
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_Yhd8Nffy9ZuA
New

United States

I can't get the app either with an s20. The website says the fly app supports the s20. But anytime I download it, it pulls up a metronome app. I'm pretty frustrated.
2021-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules