DJI, PLEASE make the V2 controller compatible with the air unit!
4949 14 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Entropy
lvl.2
United States

DJI, I love your product, I bought the combo pack. But being able to use this sweet V2 controller on just the DJI FPV drone really sucks. I have multiple quads with DJI air units inside and I now have to lug around multiple controllers. Standardizing this would make a world of difference and would more than likely make you more money considering how great the form factor and range of the V2 controller is.

I'd really love to know if DJI has any plans on making this possible through a firmware update.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone Entropy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI FPV and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-12
Use props
Drone Entropy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-12 21:05
Hello there Drone Entropy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI FPV and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Wasn't expecting a reply from a mod, thank you! It would also allow people to choose between a DJI controller that is for pinching (the V1) and thumbing (the V2). More choice means more options for the consumer and more sales for DJI. I know a lot of people who want to use the V2 with the air unit. Hope this gets implemented. Thanks again!
2021-4-12
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm with you there 100%. Got the old controller after the new combo to fly another Caddx vista drone with the old controller and the new goggles...
2021-4-12
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

I also have the new controller and a bunch of "old quads" with AU and Vista. would be nice to get rid of the crossfire and just use the very nice new remote!
2021-4-13
Use props
spreecopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838543 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm with you there 100% too
2021-4-13
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Metoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very unlikely as the DJI Air unit has been discontinued in its current form.

If the new Air Unit or Caddex version comes along, mid April (rumoured), then it may use the V2 remote or V1 or both, as the V1 remote is still manufactured this would give continued support to those who have invested in the original Air Unit & original remote and would want to purchase the new Air Unit without having to replace everything. Not every FPV pilot will be buying into the FPV Drone.

The original remote is more like a traditional FPV remote with configurable switches, even then its not as configurable as a traditional FPV controller, the V2 is less so again.

The V2 remote is Occusync 3. the Air Units are Occusync 2. Not sure that firmware can overcome that problem.
2021-4-13
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

adding my name to the hat. make it happen dji!
2021-4-13
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"The V2 remote is Occusync 3. the Air Units are Occusync 2. Not sure that firmware can overcome that problem."
Doesn't "Occusync 3" refer to the video signal? Apparently the V2 goggles can receive the transmitted video from the Air Unit but as you suggest, I'm not sure if the control signal can be made compatible with the Air Unit with only a firmware change.

I've made a couple flights which took the drone over a mile away. I had to increase altitude several times in order to restore a good video signal. The control signal always stayed at 100% even when the video signal faltered.

I haven't found a way to access the video signal quality log but here's what the control signal did on one relatively long flight.

DjiSignal210412a.JPG

As you can see the control signal never fell below 100%. I know the video signal wasn't 100% the entire flight. The red square is one mile on each side.

I'm not positive a firmware change can't make the new controller communicate with the Air Unit but I'd be a bit surprised if the hardware is compatible.

Do any of you know if there's a teardown of the V1 controller? I'm very curious to see how the internal hardware compares with the new controller's hardware. If both controllers use the same radio hardware, then I'll have more hope a firmware update could make Air Unit compatiblity possible.
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Drone Entropy Posted at 4-12 21:12
Wasn't expecting a reply from a mod, thank you! It would also allow people to choose between a DJI controller that is for pinching (the V1) and thumbing (the V2). More choice means more options for the consumer and more sales for DJI. I know a lot of people who want to use the V2 with the air unit. Hope this gets implemented. Thanks again!

Hi there Drone Entropy. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other request, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-4-15
Use props
fans8fb7aff9
lvl.1
United States

Yes DJI please make the v2 controller compatible! You have a population of folks who just got into FPV because you lowered the barrier of entry to the sport by making the DJI fpv drone. Now a subset of them (I.e. me) want to build their own quads but don't want to buy another controller. Of you made a new air unit that was compatible with v2 and controller (and occusync 3??) then thats only more business for you. I'd buy a bunch of these new air units for new drone builds. Please release it!
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_84KwdSnyND3f
New

Indonesia

#agree, would like to see update on this issue#. its is a hassle to take alot of controller
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_84KwdSnyND3f
New

Indonesia

fans8fb7aff9 Posted at 11-14 06:43
Yes DJI please make the v2 controller compatible! You have a population of folks who just got into FPV because you lowered the barrier of entry to the sport by making the DJI fpv drone. Now a subset of them (I.e. me) want to build their own quads but don't want to buy another controller. Of you made a new air unit that was compatible with v2 and controller (and occusync 3??) then thats only more business for you. I'd buy a bunch of these new air units for new drone builds. Please release it!

yes, dji air unit with V2 controller and goggle 2. awesome.
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_84KwdSnyND3f
New

Indonesia

(DJI Ocusync & The Mavic 3 - The Story So Far) -  "Check this on youtube"
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules