[DJI FPV] Takeoff without activation possible
3343 9 2021-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Hey,
I got my FPV combo yesterday and observed something very strange.

So I can connect the googles and take off with the drone without activating them first (just bring both gimbals together at the bottom). I don't have the system connected to my smartphone or app at any point and I can still use it. Also I was never asked to activate my drone or the googles and I don't get any prompt messages for activation or anything like that.

I ordered the combo from Banggood (shipping from China). However it does not appear to be a used unit. For example, all seals and stickers were intact and everything seems to be new. Is there any way to find out if my drone was previously activated or bound to another account?

2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are not being asked to activate the aircraft then the aircraft has been previously activated. If you connect to the Fly App and then select 'Profile' then 'Device Management', you will see a 'Time in Service' this shows number of days since activation.

You can also use the aircraft serial number and check the support status on the DJI website, under support.

The DJI retail carton is sealed in cellophane & there should have been three rear off seals, two on the top at each side and one in the middle at the bottom, each with a tear off direction arrow.
2021-4-13
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

gimbal is camera, not the sticks lol
2021-4-13
Use props
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-13 01:42
If you are not being asked to activate the aircraft then the aircraft has been previously activated. If you connect to the Fly App and then select 'Profile' then 'Device Management', you will see a 'Time in Service' this shows number of days since activation.

You can also use the aircraft serial number and check the support status on the DJI website, under support.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Can I check the activation of the Aircraft Serial Number myself? Is there a link? I can't find a way to do this on the website. Or do I need to contact an employee?
2021-4-13
Use props
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Whoreable Posted at 4-13 01:47

sometimes there also called gimbal. Like here:
https://www.fpv24.com/de/frsky/frsky-m9-r-hall-sensor-fpv-race-gimbal
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

big_fudge Posted at 4-13 02:18
Thanks for the quick reply!
Can I check the activation of the Aircraft Serial Number myself? Is there a link? I can't find a way to do this on the website. Or do I need to contact an employee?

You can reach out to DJI on here and they may be able to help, you could also check here:

https://www.dji.com/uk/service/d ... ndsite&from=nav

Although that will only tell you if the aircraft has had refresh applied to it.

Refresh is only valid in the country it was purchased in.

The DJI guys on here are pretty helpful and they may be able to help you, mind you if it turns out to be second hand I doubt you well get much joy with Bangoood for a resolution!
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whoreable Posted at 4-13 01:47

Technically they are gimbals.
2021-4-13
Use props
big_fudge
lvl.1
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-13 02:31
You can reach out to DJI on here and they may be able to help, you could also check here:

https://www.dji.com/uk/service/djicare-refresh?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thanks! I checked if I can purchase DJI Care and Refresh, but unfortunaly it says:

"The service cannot be purchased as your product activation time has expired."

So it seem to be activated before, or?
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep it’s been activated more than 48 hours ago.

Use the fly app and see how many days.
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, big_fudge. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. You can DM us both your DJI FPV drone and DJI FPV Goggles V2 serial number so we can check if both are already been activated.
For the DJI FPV, the aircraft serial number can be found in 2 places: on the sticker inside the battery compartment, and on the bar code sticker on the side of the package.

2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules