236 4 2021-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please consider allowing the pilot to set RTH lower than the minimum on the DJI Mini, DJI Mavic Air2, DJI Mini 2.

Warning - Feature for experianced pilots only.

To be used in this example and other related uses:
When returning from a distant flight, the pilot may want to skim the ground after seeing what is out there.
Allow the pilot to change the RTH to 10ft (3m) to accomplish this.
Also, when RTH altitude is set to this new minimum, set an on screen  warning "Warning - RTH altitude is set below recommended 100ft (30m)" so  the pilot will not forget to change it back.

Reasoning:
I tried to lower my aircraft for this return flight but it continued to raise to RTH height:

The video would have been even more incredible if I could have lowered to 10ft (3m)
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pmshop. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter.  I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-4-13
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Yeah, I'd love that too, because sometimes when the wind is a bit too strong (especially with the Mini's), I don't feel comfortable flying very high.
2021-4-14
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Awsome footage by the way!
2021-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft