OSMO Action sticks in record mode
657 5 2021-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlmartin
lvl.1
United States

I purchased two Osmo Action cameras last week to use for a project.

They are set up in different areas of a shop and set for timelapse and 3 hour record.   Twice now and with different cameras they've become stuck in record mode and won't shut off with the app or buttons on the camera.
My only option is to remove the battery which I then lose the video.

Any thoughts as to how I can get them to shut down without battery removal?

Thanks
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dlmartin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try doing these process to turn off your DJI Osmo Action ( When the DJI Osmo Action is powered on, kindly please press and hold the power button to power off the said DJI Camera ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2021-4-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

what sd cards.
2021-4-14
Use props
dlmartin
lvl.1
United States

Sandisk extreme 256 with the U3 symbol.

I understood that should be fast enough.
2021-4-14
Use props
dlmartin
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 19:54
Hello there dlmartin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try doing these process to turn off your DJI Osmo Action ( When the DJI Osmo Action is powered on, kindly please press and hold the power button to power off the said DJI Camera ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Thank you.

Thanks,   I've tried holding the power button down for 15 sec or so and also the record button the same.   

I'll try doing it longer.

As far as posting a video - when I have to remove the battery to shut off the video is gone.   Maybe I'll just let it run until the battery runs down the next time.

If this isn't a common occurrence it's probably something I'm doing wrong
2021-4-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

dlmartin Posted at 4-14 04:24
Thanks,   I've tried holding the power button down for 15 sec or so and also the record button the same.   

I'll try doing it longer.

I think DJI want a video of you trying to turn it off, not what the action is recording
2021-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules