Issues with DJI FPV Batteries
8339 17 2021-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

Hello.

I just recently notice if I charge all my batteries and let it sit for a couple of days without using it and then take it and go flying with them it reports approx. 60 or 65% of charge even though living on the charge before use show that is fully charged.  Could anyone can clarify this behavior, is this normal, ( I have updated the firmware in my 3 batteries).

I would like to know if somebody has a say on this or has experienced the same issue.

Carlos.
2021-4-13
Use props
VisualeyesAerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>
United States

Normal for DJI batteries to discharge to a certain level.  Rule of thumb is to always charge your batteries the day before you know you're going to use your drone.  If you're not using the drone, don't keep your batteries fully charged as it will decrease the life of the battery.  Also, heat is a death sentence to a fully charged LiPo.  Keep them in a cool place and out of the sun or hot car!  Hope this helped.
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The batteries will discharge by 3% after one day idle, it will discharge to 60% after five days.

This can’t be changed with the current firmware.

This discharge is controlled by the BMS of the battery. They will get warm during the discharge process.  

(English manual, page, 25.)
2021-4-13
Use props
youngleeyu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

As the previous replies indicated, this is an advanced feature to improve the battery health and lifetime. One trick I found to prevent it from discharging is to check the battery (hit the button on the battery) once everyday. And the battery will not begin the discharge, or the timeout for the discharge procedure is reset.
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 4-13 07:58
Normal for DJI batteries to discharge to a certain level.  Rule of thumb is to always charge your batteries the day before you know you're going to use your drone.  If you're not using the drone, don't keep your batteries fully charged as it will decrease the life of the battery.  Also, heat is a death sentence to a fully charged LiPo.  Keep them in a cool place and out of the sun or hot car!  Hope this helped.

Thanks! I appreciate it,
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 4-13 08:33
The batteries will discharge by 3% after one day idle, it will discharge to 60% after five days.

This can’t be changed with the current firmware.

OK, thanks for the feedback!.
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

youngleeyu Posted at 4-13 10:21
As the previous replies indicated, this is an advanced feature to improve the battery health and lifetime. One trick I found to prevent it from discharging is to check the battery (hit the button on the battery) once everyday. And the battery will not begin the discharge, or the timeout for the discharge procedure is reset.

Hey ,youngleeyu, thanks for the tip!!!
2021-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Carlos. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. To prevent swelling, the DJI FPV Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to approximately 97% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery while it is discharging. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI FPV Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_Guidelines_9.pdf ). Thank you.

2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 20:10
Hello there Carlos. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. To prevent swelling, the DJI FPV Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to approximately 97% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery while it is discharging. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI FPV Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_FPV/DJI_FPV_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_9.pdf ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the information
2021-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_clagar Posted at 4-20 03:23
Thanks for the information

Hi there djiuser_clagar. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_3Hp2AprbWLae
New

Canada

Why does all 4 lights on my battery flash when plugged in for the first time
2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_clagar
lvl.3

United States

Hello
I would like know if somebody has experienced this issue after the update of the firmware of the drone ( I updated google, control, and batteries). The drone as soon it was on the air the camera is banding to one side, something not happened to me before the upgrade.  please check the video in the link below to appreciate the camera tilt ( I know is an fpv drone ) but like I said before when in normal mode and stationary it has not presented with that issue.  can anybody tell me if this issue happened to anybody else?.  I did calibrate the gimbal several times and the issue still present.

2021-6-17
Use props
220volt_x
New

Russia

djiuser_3Hp2AprbWLae Posted at 6-16 18:02
Why does all 4 lights on my battery flash when plugged in for the first time

Hello. I have the same problem. And battery doesn't work at all. When i try to charge it, it 4 led blinking...

Dji please, can you help?
2021-7-3
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

youngleeyu Posted at 4-13 10:21
As the previous replies indicated, this is an advanced feature to improve the battery health and lifetime. One trick I found to prevent it from discharging is to check the battery (hit the button on the battery) once everyday. And the battery will not begin the discharge, or the timeout for the discharge procedure is reset.

This is then worst advice you could possibly give.

LiPo batteries will self destruct if left on full charge.

This is why they self discharge.
2021-7-4
Use props
fans1c3d0833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 7-4 06:19
This is then worst advice you could possibly give.

LiPo batteries will self destruct if left on full charge.

Right. I was NOT trying to convince the OP that he should always or frequently do this. My initial impression was that the OP wanted to delay the self-discharging (for certain reason, say having batteries charge full but just a change of flight plan/date) so I shared the trick with him.
2021-7-25
Use props
Warmmjs007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1943858 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

May i ask why the FPV new firmware updated. The drone flying range from 10 km down to 3 km now, it was easily no signal after 3km in an open area no obstacle
2021-7-26
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's part of why they are "intelligent" batteries. They automatically revert to starage charge after about 5-6 days. They all do this from Phantom 3 all the way through. It's to prevent damage to the cells if stored at full charge. It also prolongs the battery life and the cells. I always charge the night before with DJI batteries. That way, I know they are charged, get up and away we go.
2021-7-26
Use props
Tyler Leedy
New

United States

220volt_x Posted at 2021-7-3 13:20
Hello. I have the same problem. And battery doesn't work at all. When i try to charge it, it 4 led blinking...

Dji please, can you help?

I'm having the same issue please help
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules