Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing Waypoint Missions in all new drones (besides Enterprise)
1100 10 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

Hey,
DJI says that they here to their customers (like this topic) and say that the consumer voice would matters, but it doesn't seem to be true. Old products rarely get updates (what I can understand, because you pay only for the existing product and not for future updates), but if user want sth, it is also really rare, that their voice matters.
This thread say that no new hobby drone will get waypoint missions. One reason of it is, that less use this feature. But I think this is the feature which is the most asked one... Only old drones like MA, MP2 or the Phantom Series has it. The owners switched to new models and than they couldn't use this feature. Also the MP3 will not get it (see the mentioned thread, where the supporter say it).

All other drone companies/All drones in the same price section have this feature (or you can buy this optional like from parrot).

I can understand that DJI don't want to offer it to the low budget drones like the mavic mini 2, but all drones above 1k should have it... it is only a software thing and DJI tries all to prevent the usage. If you use 3pary Apps you lose the warrenty - which is ok, but the SDK release is also so long after the product release.

Maybe DJI should rethink their way, because in the feature I think that the users, will not by a product from the enterprise series (MP2 Enterprise - 3k€) to get this feature and will switch to other companies, who offer this service to their customers...
2021-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Problem is they have about 80% market share and most of the alternatives are just not very good or available in EU like skydio.
2021-4-14
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:41
Problem is they have about 80% market share and most of the alternatives are just not very good or available in EU like skydio.

Yes that is true. It is also annoying, that they don't talk to EU-Users... It seems that they don't care about them.

For example Autel said already, that theur drone will get a Cerfication after the EU make it possible. So they drones will also get it, if you already bought one.

DJI isn't informing the useres about anything...
2021-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 4-14 23:47
Yes that is true. It is also annoying, that they don't talk to EU-Users... It seems that they don't care about them.

For example Autel said already, that theur drone will get a Cerfication after the EU make it possible. So they drones will also get it, if you already bought one.

Sadly they wont, as the EU doesn't allow for retrospective certification.
2021-4-14
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:48
Sadly they wont, as the EU doesn't allow for retrospective certification.

Sure? I heared in from severall companies. Also the parrot support said, that this will be.
2021-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Page 4 from the last EASA Q&A.  https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... rones%209%20Dec.pdf

They also said that drones will be able to be classified this year and when you register here in the UK they already go through checking the classification so it should now be available.
2021-4-14
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:51
Page 4 from the last EASA Q&A.  https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Livestream%20questions%20answers%20leisure%20drones%209%20Dec.pdf

They also said that drones will be able to be classified this year and when you register here in the UK they already go through checking the classification so it should now be available.

uff okay thx
2021-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is another slide that I cannot find at the moment, that shows the process for what they are calling the re-manufacture process where by you can return the drone to the manufacturer and they update it and classify it,  but of course the manufacturer has to offer this service.
2021-4-14
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:59
There is another slide that I cannot find at the moment, that shows the process for what they are calling the re-manufacture process where by you can return the drone to the manufacturer and they update it and classify it,  but of course the manufacturer has to offer this service.

I asked, the DJI support and they said, that they will offer it
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 4-15 00:34
I asked, the DJI support and they said, that they will offer it

They also said they would offer camera swaps on the Mavic 2 but that never happened.
2021-4-15
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

@PilotJan
Just because a feature is "most asked for" doesn't mean that the majority of users want it. It's just the feature that most users who ask for new features want. Even if a thousand people world-wide asked for native waypoints, that probably represents a tiny proportion of DJI drone end users. Most people tend not to ask for new features - they read the specifications and know what they're buying.

Subject to the SDK being available, third-party app developers already provide a waypoint capability to drones which don't normally have one - for example the Mini and the MA2.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules