Smart controller –“ user authentication failed“
7558 11 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555285 ft
United States

I have published this on the forums with no response.
My problem is this: I upgraded to the recent Mavic 2 pro.  I also bought the brand new smart controller about a week later. I synchronized it with my M2P, And it flies properly. UNFORTUNATELY, the self unlocking/unlockinggeo-fence function on your website DOES NOT WORK!  even though I confirmed proper flight controller serial number of my aircraft and I also received the valid and “approved“ authorization to fly in “blue“ controlled airspace, the smart controller kept stating “user authentication failed“ even though after hitting refresh and rebooting the smart controller and rebooting the aircraft and even relinking the aircraft to the smart controller again! It’s simply would not fly.  I then unlinked the Mavic pro aircraft from the smart controller and then went to the original iPhone controller and the authorization worked perfectly!  I am to the point of selling my Mavic two pro and my Mavic mini two and going with Autel unless someone from DJI can contact me at my registered email address and either telephone me or call me directly to figure this problem out. I do utilize my iMac to perform self unlocking through my Wi-Fi as well as cellular but the problem isn’t only the unlocking although the unlocking website doesn’t seem to work either but it’s the actual uploading of the unlocking license to the smart controller/aircraft.   Please respond to me as I have about had it with DJI and their lack of communication. Communication and help would be very much appreciated. FYI, I am flight 107 certified and also certified recently again with night ops and flights over people.
2021-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. We first suggest that you check whether the Fly Safe Database is updated when you're using your DJI Smart Controller with your Mavic 2 Pro. It can be found under the General Settings > About of the DJI GO 4. It is also suggested that you connect your DJI Smart Controller to internet access during the time of your testing to see if that could resolve the authorization concern. Should the same problem persists, we strongly advise getting in touch with our Fly Safe Department via email at flysafe@dji.com to assist you further regarding this issue. We hope this could be resolved immediately.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_8EskJt7bJxyv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555285 ft
United States

ALL databases are confirmed to be updated on my smart controller that is confirmed to be signed in to my DJI account.  
Yes.  
I did discover something.   The self unlocking website of DJI only works reliably with Windows PC operating systems.   iOS and Mac products will not work.   Also, even the Smart Controller as an Android tablet even when connected via Bluetooth to my iPhone connected to the internet via cellular will not work!
This I have confirmed so far.  Thanks for the response.  Any other help is appreciated.  
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_5pcSJeEc4KPJ
New

United States

Has this issue been resolved for iOS products by now? I tried to unlock today, but repeatedly got the “user authentication failed” error and was unable to fly for work. Please help!
2022-5-16
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Don't know if it's too late, but OMG: The solution is so stupid. Apparently, you have to log out of DJI GO4 and then log back in. Worked for me and several others having the exact same problem: https://forum.dji.com/thread-242309-1-1.html
2022-6-4
Use props
fansab9a23c7
New

United States

Phil Brinkman Posted at 6-4 11:08
Don't know if it's too late, but OMG: The solution is so stupid. Apparently, you have to log out of DJI GO4 and then log back in. Worked for me and several others having the exact same problem: https://forum.dji.com/thread-242309-1-1.html

Yes! That is the fix for me. Thank you Phil!
2022-6-21
Use props
Smashyou82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 521309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow thank you!! Signing out and back in was the solution  I needed. Thank you!! DJI should send you a check for solving this.
2022-7-15
Use props
snowfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216138 ft
United States

Thanks for the great thread. I fly an Inspire 2, w Cendence and CrystalSky. For the last 10 days I have fought this thing and DJI listened but could not find a solution. Yup, you need to LOGOUT completely from GO4 and then log back in with your email address and DJI password. On the CrystalSky that screen takes some searching. It is NOT the same as simply rebooting the CrystalSky. You need to LOGOUT. And your Flysafe needs to be current. The issue is likely that when you update your database, the app is not being updated also. Only logging out will fix that and reset the app. That said, I have told DJI number of times that for us FAA Part 107 commercial pilots, they need to eliminate the stupid Geo-fencing. How dare a foreign or domestic company control flights in the NAS where the FAA has the authority. Too often I have a project where I have LAANC approval and it falls into a DJI no-fly zone. DJI needs to provide respect to the federal agency who has the sole authority to authorize flights in the USA. My 2 bits......
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_TFRaeteJ0hwv
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you very much for your comment. It solved my problem with this piece of Kafkaesque Chinese software garbage. I will thank God the day I switched to another manufacturer's product!
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_TFRaeteJ0hwv
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you very much for your comment. It solved my problem with this piece of Kafkaesque Chinese software garbage. I will thank God the day I switched to another manufacturer's product!
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_TFRaeteJ0hwv
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you very much for your comment. It solved my problem with this piece of Kafkaesque software garbage. I will thank God the day I switched to another manufacturer's product!
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_AOlflb3vZXjO
New

United States

fansab9a23c7 Posted at 2022-6-21 13:47
Yes! That is the fix for me. Thank you Phil!

Hi All I'm having the exact same problem. will try logging out and then back in....soon as my controller charges back up from troubleshooting this issue lol   
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules