A7Siii error - !Lens Invalid with this lens error.
7396 7 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RetroFightStick
lvl.1
United States

Whenever i'm connected to my Sony A7Siii using DJI RS2 gimbal with the Sony Multi function cable to USB-C, the error message !Lens Invalid with this lens error.  appears.  it still works, i can still use the stop and start record on the gimbal, its just very annoying as the screen of the camera is filled with a big black box and the error. So i have to clear it on the camera by hitting the OK, before i can verify my WB and focus are in all line, before i hit record.  It almost makes more sense at the moment to just not bother using the cable, and just use the camera's own stop and start button, which is a little awkward.

Any idea's what could be causing this ? The lens i've been using is the Tamron 17-28. I still need to try other lenses to see if they cause the same error. But for the real estate shooting i do, i need that 17-28 to work without the error popping up every few secs.. it only appears, when i'm not recording, and recording still works, if i hit the record button..

error

error
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_DjBrqLj3rmc2
New

United States

Use the usb c to usb c. I think the firmware update switch it.
2021-4-15
Use props
RetroFightStick
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_DjBrqLj3rmc2 Posted at 4-15 13:25

Thanks, i tried using the USB-C cable today and the error went away.
2021-4-16
Use props
zfairley18
New
Flight distance : 249905 ft
United States

Hi there, I am having the same issue with my Sony A7s iii with a Canon 24-70mm L series lens (Sigma adapter). I am using the USB-C to USB-C Cable and have the current firmware and still getting the error
2021-7-6
Use props
JSMavic2Drone
lvl.1
United States

zfairley18 Posted at 2021-7-6 15:55
Hi there, I am having the same issue with my Sony A7s iii with a Canon 24-70mm L series lens (Sigma adapter). I am using the USB-C to USB-C Cable and have the current firmware and still getting the error

well using a canon lens on a sony body is most likely the culprit. probably something they've not seen before and 'may' be fixed in a firmware update.
2022-1-11
Use props
VAJ
New

United States

djiuser_DjBrqLj3rmc2 Posted at 2021-4-15 13:25

I am facing the same issue, I tried USB-C to USB-C, but it didnt' work.

Please advise.
2022-5-31
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, are there any updates on this? I have the same problem which is really frustrating.
2023-3-6
Use props
Miso
New

Hong Kong

With the Ronin RS2 I had the Lens error using the Sony Multi to USB-C cable.
I use Sony FE 1.4/24 GM Lens

I switched to USB-C to USB-C

Problem fixed
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules