Mavic air 2 choppy video
728 7 2021-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12356 ft
Sri Lanka

I my brand new drone, just bought it. On the intial test i noticed  that choppy video @30fps. I have reached out dji but no support. Here is my issue

I am using the internal storage to test this . So I believe yocan rule out the SD issue.

Here is a link to what I tested 4k 30fps

https://youtu.be/1FIbzWR8D9U

The choppy video is there on 1080p 30fps and 4k 30fps - only when pan or turn left or right.

However 1080p 60fps 4k 60fp it seems all good.

As I told u I just bought the drone. Less than week. I need to know if this need to be replaced. Dji team please read carefully what the issue is and let me know what to do. Don't just buy time ,I really need an answer soon.
2021-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu.Thanks for reaching out! We recommend adjusting your Yaw Rotation Speed and Yaw Rotation Smoothness that can be found under Control > Advanced Gimbal Settings then see if that would improve the video result.
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 23:40
Hi, djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu.Thanks for reaching out! We recommend adjusting your Yaw Rotation Speed and Yaw Rotation Smoothness that can be found under Control > Advanced Gimbal Settings then see if that would improve the video result.

Hi

I have done all that but the issue i am refering to is choppy video. Not the gimbel smoothness.

Please see below raw video i have uploaded for your review
This really bad video quality. Why is this happening
4k 30FPS- issue

https://youtu.be/KzQoFfxiYWo

4k 60FPS - much better

https://youtu.be/tfn4h_JWRtQ
2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu Posted at 4-15 00:35
Hi

I have done all that but the issue i am refering to is choppy video. Not the gimbel smoothness.

Set the camera mode to manual and adjust the shutter speeds as twice (or more) as your framerates and see if that would resolve the issue.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 00:17
Set the camera mode to manual and adjust the shutter speeds as twice (or more) as your framerates and see if that would resolve the issue.

Yeh doing all that still makes no difference at 30fps. What can i use this mode for. By looking at the 2 videos i sent .do u see an issue with the drone
2021-4-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

What kind of SD card are you using?
2021-4-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're using internal storage so yeah, SD wouldn't be an issue here.
2021-4-19
Use props
jdelamater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17064 ft
United States

djiuser_IG6IST8kKXKu Posted at 4-15 00:35
Hi

The reason why it's happening at 30fps and not 60fps is because the distance moved between frames at 60fps is half that of 30fps. Since there is less movement between frames, it is perceived as smoother. If if the video is resampled to 30fps from 60fps, there is still twice as many frames from the 60fps for the math to make smooth interframes, so it will still look smoother.

You can either shoot everything at 60fps, or slow your movements down. You were panning really fast in your 30fps sample.
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules