70286 276 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DullFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235699 ft
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 4-15 12:54
Will  Mastershots be coming for the normal Mavic Air 2 also?

Im wondering the same thing cause that and the 1 in sensor are the two main reasons I like the 2S. Isnt it just software tho?
2021-4-15
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004911 ft
United Kingdom

DullFlyer Posted at 4-15 13:11
Im wondering the same thing cause that and the 1 in sensor are the two main reasons I like the 2S. Isnt it just software tho?

Master Shots does seem to be a software addition, but knowing dji they'll keep it exclusively for the 2s as it's another selling point.
2021-4-15
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 4-15 10:10
Cool... I guess this is one more drone that will not have support for the "Smart Controller"

It does have support for it, there's at least one video review showing it, think the controller needs an update and it works
2021-4-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if this one uses the same controller and/or battery as the MA2. If so, it might be smart to wait until these appear on eBay as replacements only in maybe a year.

Remote specs are different but battery specs are identical... Sooooo, if you already have the MA2 FlyMore kit, maybe just buy the standard MA2s kit?

2021-4-15
Use props
Expvet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21588 ft
United States

NightThunder Posted at 4-15 12:23
Nobody, and I mean nobody has FAA Remote ID compliant and working drones. No manufacturer  can do that at this time as the techniocal protocols (data packet, transmission, etc) have NOT been defined! Remote ID is like the emperor with no clothes. Fortunately to implement RID on *most* DJI drones (and others as well) will require only a firmware update as long as the FAA does not chnage the published rules on RID.

BTW: The FAA has left the technical details of RID implementation up to the manufacturers. I wonder how that is going?

It would be reassuring if DJI officially declared their commitment and plans to make at least the Air 2S and all subsequent models Remote ID compliant. Otherwise it is hard to buy a $1,000.00 plus drone with a less than 2 year countdown to render it unusable. How about it DJI, lot of folks in the U.S. and Europe are hesitant and undecided about  buying without a clear picture of compliance with imminent future regulations.
2021-4-15
Use props
Edward Welch
lvl.1

United States

I bought the V2 goggles to go with the a2s today and as I’m setting it up find out that they are not compatible . SUCH Fu?$&! BS, I probably would have bought the M2pro with some used v1 from eBay. My first drone and I splurged, I’m just really disappointed. Rant over.
2021-4-15
Use props
fans1d784eec
lvl.2
United States

No Tripod mode on the air2s????  So sad!  That was one of the best features.  Please bring back tripod mode!!!!
2021-4-15
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans1d784eec Posted at 4-15 16:19
No Tripod mode on the air2s????  So sad!  That was one of the best features.  Please bring back tripod mode!!!!

Its been renamed to cine mode.
2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Air 2S. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.
2021-4-15
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

Few important drawbacks:
1. No C1 class in European Union, or even a promise it will get one retroactively (which is possible).
2. It will lose value very quickly, because of that. It's going to be hard to resell, even next year, because it'll be very limited after 2022 (150m from urbanized areas and people).  
3. DJI kept us waiting 9 months to get SDK for MA2. How long it will take them now? More advanced users would like to fly with third party apps.
4. They took away waypoint support in MA2 SDK (which were present in older MA). So I'm afraid nothing will change here. No fun for advanced users, like advanced hyperlapses, or maps, using other apps.
In summary, it's a very expensive toy, with excellent sensor, but still a toy. It's too advanced and expensive for just vacations, but it's getting too limited for advanced hobbyists and freelancers. Adding a feature that will be used once, but delays with SDK and took away it's features in other hand, makes it clear: it's only an expensive toy, don't expect too much.
The drone will be barely usable in 1.5 years in the EU (many people buying it now would like to resell it at some point to buy a newer model), DJI called it "very little or any disadvantage" admitting that it will go into the A3 category.
2021-4-15
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

NordicFinn Posted at 4-15 10:42
Aint Dji have promised that we get even Air 2 afterwards that CE certification??

thats the thing im wondering. DJI knows about the certification and was thinking about certifying the older drones (Mavic 2 Pro and newer) too.
So i'm not sure if its DJI's fault or also the fault of European regulations, lack of clarity (in the certification process) and slow processing of certifications due to the 2nd wave of the pandemic.

2021-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 19:53
Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI Air 2S. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.

I most certainly will!
2021-4-15
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 4-15 22:06
I most certainly will!

Yeah, you do...as for the rest is no answer )))))
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1f7n1oVlU1uF Posted at 4-15 07:05
It looks absolutely Superb. Who would not want this. BUT, there is no point buying this if it has not got a C1 classification. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and even with A2 c&c so resticted, why would you buy it. Buy the Mavic Mini 2, under 250g more freedom to use.

Same here and just bought the Mini 2 for that reason.  
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NordicFinn Posted at 4-15 10:42
Aint Dji have promised that we get even Air 2 afterwards that CE certification??

It has CE certification,   its missing a C Classification.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Convert Posted at 4-15 09:15
I don't buy that at all.

Governing bodies may have implemented the classification system but it has been a long time coming, specifications well known.....and it is in place now. 4 months ago no less!

With more than 80% market share in the EU I think they are boycotting the classification for now.
2021-4-15
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

rarevfx_official Posted at 4-15 22:03
thats the thing im wondering. DJI knows about the certification and was thinking about certifying the older drones (Mavic 2 Pro and newer) too.
So i'm not sure if its DJI's fault or also the fault of European regulations, lack of clarity (in the certification process) and slow processing of certifications due to the 2nd wave of the pandemic.

Is it really the case that the specifications are missing? If so, DJI could inform us accordingly. The silence, however, rather indicates that there is no interest in implementing the requirements in the EU. Maybe for economic reasons?
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 23:53
With more than 80% market share in the EU I think they are boycotting the classification for now.

Well, customers in the EU are affected by such a boycott. The EU Commission is of little interest.
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

atomic77 Posted at 4-15 20:52
Few important drawbacks:
1. No C1 class in European Union, or even a promise it will get one retroactively (which is possible).
2. It will lose value very quickly, because of that. It's going to be hard to resell, even next year, because it'll be very limited after 2022 (150m from urbanized areas and people).  

I agree with you. However, a subsequent classification, even if it is desirable, is not possible under current law.

2021-4-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drohni Posted at 4-16 00:34
Well, customers in the EU are affected by such a boycott. The EU Commission is of little interest.

Customer would only be affected if the EU started checking drone use and classification.
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 00:38
Customer would only be affected if the EU started checking drone use and classification.

That is simply wrong. Since 01.01.2021, unclassified drones such as the Air 2s can only be flown in A3 (with additional training temporarily A2). That means a minimum distance to inhabited areas, leisure facilities etc. 150 meters. In addition, at a safe distance from people, probably at least 150 meters.
2021-4-16
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 00:38
Customer would only be affected if the EU started checking drone use and classification.

It's not the EU checking use and classification, it's the local police or other authorities. In my country it's a crime to fly without proper licence - which means, it's a crime to fly near people in A2 category now (MA2) or in A3 after 2022. There are more and more controls in bigger cities.
I don't care, because I already have 'specific category' so I can fly near people with any <5kg drone here, but it's a temporary local law, so not usable in any other EU country.
And I know it will be hard to sell MA2 or A2s next year or two. That's something I need to consider before I buy it for 1300 euro (combo, including VAT).
2021-4-16
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

ro_flyer Posted at 4-15 10:10
Cool... I guess this is one more drone that will not have support for the "Smart Controller"

no..... pretty sure it will ,like ma2
2021-4-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-15 22:55
Yeah, you do...as for the rest is no answer )))))

I don't expect much answers in these threads
2021-4-16
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Not adding at least (real) waypoints which is only a software feature and having an extremely poor avoidance system (you can call it even APAS100 if you want, not the number is important but the results) and not being C certified or at least to be communicated officially that it will be certified later, it is a very low incremental update not worth the money.  Even worse - after losing an army of good men, DJI sticks to its arrogant habits of not listening. Therefore, certainly more Skydios will appear soon. And speaking about Skydio and about APAS100, here an example of how poor the anti-collision system works and how lame the DJI responses are:
2021-4-16
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

I updated my Smart Controller this morning.  Yes, Air 2S is supported. Air 2S batteries are the same as the Air 2.There was also a firmware update for the Air 2.
2021-4-16
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

If you already own an Air 2, will you upgrade to the 2S ?
I'm debating that now.  The camera looks like a huge improvement.
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

Electromen Posted at 4-16 06:56
If you already own an Air 2, will you upgrade to the 2S ?
I'm debating that now.  The camera looks like a huge improvement.

if you ask a European: clearly no.
Reason: lack of classification
2021-4-16
Use props
Raptor911
lvl.1

United States

Electromen Posted at 4-16 06:50
I updated my Smart Controller this morning.  Yes, Air 2S is supported. Air 2S batteries are the same as the Air 2.There was also a firmware update for the Air 2.

To be clear, DJI Smart Controller will work with the 2S without any issue correct?

I purchased a 2S last night and saw a you-tube review where it was NOT clear that the DJI Smart Controller would work with the 2S.

DJI's site shows this about the smart controller and the 2S is not mentioned:

*Compatible with the Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
2021-4-16
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

Bojtren Posted at 4-15 06:46
Hi, Please for information ... will the Smart controller work with AIR2S. Today I saw a video in which the author control AIR 2S with a Smart controller. Is this true or is the author lying ???https://youtu.be/sZm4X90u0jU?t=435

PotatoJet does seem to have the Air2S running on the Smart Controller... hope so, would love to be able to use my smart controller with it, would definitely buy the Air 2S if it does
2021-4-16
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

For all those who were wondering...

I can confirm Smart Controller has a firmware update to add support for Air 2S... guess I’m shelling out some more money to DJI!
9167839E-9297-4768-B66C-8985A827A46B.jpeg
2021-4-16
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Is this drone smaller than Mavic Air 1 and can use without controller? I ask because Dji called it ultra portable.
2021-4-16
Use props
fans00d87207
lvl.1

United States

wictor Posted at 4-15 06:33
This is for the OcuSync 3.0 transmission to your phone which is attached to the controller.
The controller does not have occusync 3.0/03 transmission. Only the drone does. The controller for the air 2s is only occusync 2.0. it's the exact same controller from the air 2, minus the extra print on the controller.
2021-4-16
Use props
fans00d87207
lvl.1

United States

Bojtren Posted at 4-15 06:46
Hi, Please for information ... will the Smart controller work with AIR2S. Today I saw a video in which the author control AIR 2S with a Smart controller. Is this true or is the author lying ???https://youtu.be/sZm4X90u0jU?t=435

It works. I'm using it now. Just make sure you do the firmware update
2021-4-16
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Drohni Posted at 4-16 00:31
Is it really the case that the specifications are missing? If so, DJI could inform us accordingly. The silence, however, rather indicates that there is no interest in implementing the requirements in the EU. Maybe for economic reasons?

From a statement in January its pretty complicated and slightly unclear how to certify a drone.
The EU wants it but doesnt seem, according to the thing i read (maybe biased), that its very complicated and not really clear what the manufacturers have to do.

But im with you, DJI should push a statement.
2021-4-17
Use props
ENRzzGCaLL0v
lvl.1
Germany

rarevfx_official Posted at 4-17 02:47
From a statement in January its pretty complicated and slightly unclear how to certify a drone.
The EU wants it but doesnt seem, according to the thing i read (maybe biased), that its very complicated and not really clear what the manufacturers have to do.

+1

As soon as DJI states they are going to offer a send-in / classification program, I will buy. No earlier. It doesn't even have to be a free program, because I think DJI should not be held accountable for delays introduced by others in this case.

But they can help their customers work around it in the meantime. And a statement towards a send-in program would definitely help imho. There is also plenty of time to work things out, right?

Also: +1 on sharpness setting....
2021-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michaelpop84 Posted at 4-16 04:44
Not adding at least (real) waypoints which is only a software feature and having an extremely poor avoidance system (you can call it even APAS100 if you want, not the number is important but the results) and not being C certified or at least to be communicated officially that it will be certified later, it is a very low incremental update not worth the money.  Even worse - after losing an army of good men, DJI sticks to its arrogant habits of not listening. Therefore, certainly more Skydios will appear soon. And speaking about Skydio and about APAS100, here an example of how poor the anti-collision system works and how lame the DJI responses are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUsFGWpirGg

Without question Skydio 2 beats Air 2S in both obstacle avoidance and tracking.  
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_qmmUUxlpaXzX
New

Jamaica

Good day how long Will it take dji to ad the Smart controller to the air2s fly more combo
2021-4-17
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Luxembourg

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 07:32
Without question Skydio 2 beats Air 2S in both obstacle avoidance and tracking.

just read about DJI autonomous automotive project. Ok, the Air2S is not DJI's best drone, but still, if the cars will avoid obstacles as the Air2S did in the video I posted above, I have my thoughts. Well, won't go deeper into details, but DJI is not going the right direction.
2021-4-17
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Luxembourg

fans00d87207 Posted at 4-16 21:30
The controller does not have occusync 3.0/03 transmission. Only the drone does. The controller for the air 2s is only occusync 2.0. it's the exact same controller from the air 2, minus the extra print on the controller.

Or is occusync3 only firmware related, a software update? In other words, air2 could also be upgraded, but not allowed...? Because the frequencies are the same, therefore it might be only a protocol optimisation which is sw-related...
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules