70386 276 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yLV9RwEJ0Oe9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114459 ft
United States

djiuser_STrvDMfrd7y1 Posted at 4-15 06:27
The literature mentions 1080p "transmission" but how do you view this footage LIVE.  Is there any kind of HDMI or SDI output to use with a video switcher?  Do you have to use the Goggles to view the footage?  Do the goggle have an HDMI output/splitter?

I would have to say from using the mini 2, you would view the 1080 video on a tablet or a phone that is connected by usb to the remote controller. Thats how you are able to get video in real time or pretty close to it, at that kind of range. So far it has worked quite well for me. I have gone out to 1.1 miles and still had great looking video.
2021-4-17
Use props
Shumedia
lvl.1

United States

Should I get the Air 2 or the Mini 2? I am on a budget though.
2021-4-17
Use props
Shumedia
lvl.1

United States

Expvet Posted at 4-15 09:38
My question to DJI is does the Air 2S already comply with the soon to be implemented FAA Remote I.D. mandate that will require drones to transmit their ID information and the location of the drone and the pilot. If they are not then this will be an issue in less then 2 years when the mandate is implemented since they will not be able to fly practically anywhere in the U.S.

I don't know sorry.
2021-4-17
Use props
Shumedia
lvl.1

United States

NightThunder Posted at 4-15 12:23
Nobody, and I mean nobody has FAA Remote ID compliant and working drones. No manufacturer  can do that at this time as the techniocal protocols (data packet, transmission, etc) have NOT been defined! Remote ID is like the emperor with no clothes. Fortunately to implement RID on *most* DJI drones (and others as well) will require only a firmware update as long as the FAA does not chnage the published rules on RID.

BTW: The FAA has left the technical details of RID implementation up to the manufacturers. I wonder how that is going?

Thank you for that!
2021-4-17
Use props
Shumedia
lvl.1

United States

NordicFinn Posted at 4-15 08:30
Operating temp 0 degrees? So on canada, europe, north europe its a nogo?

I guess so!
2021-4-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I almost just bought this one....then found a M2P used for about the same price....so went that way. I like older stuff anyway, 1998 car, 1999 boat, 1945 Wife... ;-)
2021-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-17 18:13
I almost just bought this one....then found a M2P used for about the same price....so went that way. I like older stuff anyway, 1998 car, 1999 boat, 1945 Wife... ;-)

Nice find on the M2P Gary.  I passed on the Air 2S as I'm waiting to see what DJI Pro 3 brings.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_udqs0TFpM2n7
New
United States

Can you use w/ v2 goggles?
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

What about ADS-B? the DJI brochure only mentions ADS-B In (receiving signals from other aircraft) but the important part, at least in North  America, is ADS-B Out (making yourself known to others). Does Air 2S support ADS-B Out?
2021-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 4-18 10:48
What about ADS-B? the DJI brochure only mentions ADS-B In (receiving signals from other aircraft) but the important part, at least in North  America, is ADS-B Out (making yourself known to others). Does Air 2S support ADS-B Out?

No it doesn’t, but you will soon have Remote ID and then all will know you’re out there flying.
2021-4-18
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-16 13:17
Is this drone smaller than Mavic Air 1 and can use without controller? I ask because Dji called it ultra portable.

It is nothing like the original Mavic Air, and you DO need the controller (or DJI’s Smart Controller) to fly - it does come with an Ocusync 3.0 controller
2021-4-18
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 4-18 10:48
What about ADS-B? the DJI brochure only mentions ADS-B In (receiving signals from other aircraft) but the important part, at least in North  America, is ADS-B Out (making yourself known to others). Does Air 2S support ADS-B Out?

Just to be clear, ADS-B Out will not be required or in most cases not even allowed. I mention "most" just to be technically correct. Mere mortals flying drones will not need ADS-B out. That is reserved for drone gods.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_VG41hhFKGIlt
lvl.1

United States

would be nice to actually receive the order i purchased from DJI...
2021-4-19
Use props
Byteshark
lvl.1

Germany

Meh. I was really looking to buy this, but without the C classification I'll pass.

No use in spending a upwards of thousand euros for something that is illegal for most of my use cases in two years.
2021-4-19
Use props
fans729a370b
New

Panama

I sold my Mavic Pro 1 week before Air 2S release... looking to buy a new Drone... I was fully into it... now, seeing that it will still lack of certification... I won't spend it...

I will have to wait, but spending 1.300USD today for a Drone that will be obsolete in a little bit more than 1 year does not worth it. My Mavic Pro stayed with me for 4 years! At least I expect that return in my next Drone...

I expect to see sales of this drone in Europe really low.. unless unaware consumers are a strong mass.
2021-4-19
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

DJI will you add the C certification when required to this drone you have just released ? like people are saying otherwise we have 20 months and then its useless A3 category drone
2021-4-19
Use props
Stanley Leary
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143622 ft
United States

Larry Bailey Posted at 4-15 09:15
U buy at Best Buy?  By chance....they have a 365 day return to store for full credit.  I see lots have done that to get the 2s

I bought at Best Buy, but they have a 15% restocking fee I had to sign at the time of buying it.
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_D26b3T1mjyT2
New

United States

djiuser_VG41hhFKGIlt Posted at 4-19 07:35
would be nice to actually receive the order i purchased from DJI...

Me too! I ordered from DJI on Thursday... minutes after it became available but it’s Monday and it’s not even at FedEx yet! I should have ordered from Amazon or Best Buy!
2021-4-19
Use props
DullFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235699 ft
United States

Do any of you think MasterShots will be available for the Air 2? Because I got a air 2 like 20 days after the air 2S was leaked
2021-4-19
Use props
Hedgepig55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1749606 ft
United Kingdom

Sad that this is not a classified drone for the UK market a BIG disapointment. Looks like a grat product and I could make great use of it but WON'T be buying, sorry DJI. The first Classified drone for sale in the UK/Europe market is the one to get the business in 2021 I think.
2021-4-20
Use props
fans93815c2f
New

United States

I just got mine and i cannot get past the firmware update! I’m so annoyed.

Anyone know how to fix it?
2021-4-20
Use props
Christophedub49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3205925 ft
  • >>>
France

fans2e5ff6a2 Posted at 4-15 10:42
Does the A2S work with the ocusync goggles like the FPV drone?

Hello,
Yes, for me too, i hope A2S works with Goggles V2 and motion controller quickly, please DJI ?
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_PofzSZxSHLb2
New

France

Bonjour à tous .j’ai un problème avec le montage vidéo dès que je veux faire un montage vidéo mon appli dji fly se ferme et reviens sur la page de mon compte est-ce que quelqu'un à une solution à ce problème merci. PS j'ai un Mavic mini fly more combo et l'application dji fly 1.4.
2021-4-21
Use props
ZuluFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58035 ft
Australia

Bojtren Posted at 4-15 06:46
Hi, Please for information ... will the Smart controller work with AIR2S. Today I saw a video in which the author control AIR 2S with a Smart controller. Is this true or is the author lying ???https://youtu.be/sZm4X90u0jU?t=435

Lying...? He is one of the best cinema camera reviewer...I don’t think he is lying.... Isaw another guy flying with the smart controller “originaldobo”
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_bYpyz5jYS0RA
New

New Zealand

Just brought a air 2s my first drone /beginner I am hss as be troubled with RV signal I keep losing signal and my drone is only .5 km away I do live rural on farm rolling hill country am I doing something wrong was lead to believe it could fly 12km
2021-4-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bojtren Posted at 4-15 06:46
Hi, Please for information ... will the Smart controller work with AIR2S. Today I saw a video in which the author control AIR 2S with a Smart controller. Is this true or is the author lying ???https://youtu.be/sZm4X90u0jU?t=435

True, it works well!
2021-4-21
Use props
Airspiller
lvl.1
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-21 10:01
True, it works well!

won't it only work in occusync 2.0 mode and not 3.0 mode if you use the smart controller? I feel a refresh is coming soon, but moving to smart controller cuts you from 12km back to 10km DJI reported distance limits down-stepping from 3.0 to 2.0 doesn't it?
Source: Via youtube v=ffIe94m2ljA around the 22:53minute mark he says DJI are working on making it compatible!
2021-4-21
Use props
Atmos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14042 ft
United States

Hello,

I purchased the DJI FPV combo assuming the v2 goggles would work with future OcuSync 3 products. I also purchased the new Air 2s and today it was announced that DJI has no plan to make the v2 goggles compatible. This is a very disappointing update. Flying in the goggles is far better than looking at a phone screen. Is there a reason why the v2 goggles will not work with the new Air 2s?

Thank you
2021-4-21
Use props
Airspiller
lvl.1
United States

Atmos Posted at 4-21 13:48
Hello,

I purchased the DJI FPV combo assuming the v2 goggles would work with future OcuSync 3 products. I also purchased the new Air 2s and today it was announced that DJI has no plan to make the v2 goggles compatible. This is a very disappointing update. Flying in the goggles is far better than looking at a phone screen. Is there a reason why the v2 goggles will not work with the new Air 2s?

See Source: Via youtube v=ffIe94m2ljA around the 22:53minute mark he says DJI are working on making it compatible!
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_f6Mxfg7HpYOB
New

Australia

Anyone also has issue with the propeller arm  clicking when extending out?
2021-4-21
Use props
Kuantou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2987507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

The function button is kind of useless. Give more freedom. I want to change exposure settings as easy as on phantom. And i dont jpg+raw just give me raw only. also i want to invert the gimbal wheel direction
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_MiYXWXf03suu
New

Italy

My air 2s didn't lift up on 3850m obove sea level
Why?
2021-4-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airspiller Posted at 4-21 13:25
won't it only work in occusync 2.0 mode and not 3.0 mode if you use the smart controller? I feel a refresh is coming soon, but moving to smart controller cuts you from 12km back to 10km DJI reported distance limits down-stepping from 3.0 to 2.0 doesn't it?
Source: Via youtube v=ffIe94m2ljA around the 22:53minute mark he says DJI are working on making it compatible!

Correct, only OC 2 with the Smart Controller. But remember, using the stock controller OC 3 is only utilized for video transmission, NOT telemetry.
2021-4-23
Use props
Amazonite
lvl.1

United States

Having some unfortunate fan noise issues for mine upon turning it on. Might have to send it in for repair (just got it yesterday.)
2021-4-23
Use props
Airspiller
lvl.1
United States

I think there should be a community interest DJI FPV Air Unit mod that let's you integrate that piggyback or undercarriage style with some 3d printed mount to allow us to use the FPV Goggles V2 until DJI officially releases support! Wouldn't be that hard a mod... Anyone interested in pursuing the conversation or ideation on such a thought to get goggle fpv views with the Air 2S?
2021-4-23
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

Electromen Posted at 4-16 06:50
I updated my Smart Controller this morning.  Yes, Air 2S is supported. Air 2S batteries are the same as the Air 2.There was also a firmware update for the Air 2.

Hi,
How do you rate a video feed on Smart Controller?
Some users complain that the image skips and there is a long delay.
Almost unusable.

What is your experience?
2021-4-23
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
North Macedonia

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-21 10:01
True, it works well!

How do you rate a video feed?
Almost unusable.
What is your experience?
2021-4-23
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
North Macedonia

fans00d87207 Posted at 4-16 21:33
It works. I'm using it now. Just make sure you do the firmware update

How do you rate a video feed?
Almost unusable.
What is your experience?
2021-4-23
Use props
Vitor Esteves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9523596 ft
Portugal

Anyone having the propeller warning and a strange noise when starting the Air2s and the drone doesn't take off? Already happened to me twice. Never experience that with all my other drones (M1Pro, M2Pro, Air 2)
2021-4-25
Use props
MaricN7
New
Flight distance : 728 ft
United States

Vitor Esteves Posted at 4-25 06:55
Anyone having the propeller warning and a strange noise when starting the Air2s and the drone doesn't take off? Already happened to me twice. Never experience that with all my other drones (M1Pro, M2Pro, Air 2)

I've not had this experience.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules