Advice for DJI
344 5 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1121230 ft
South Africa

Three things mr DJI. One : I really and truly love my drone, you really make an awesome product. The mini II is next on my wishlist. I have the mini I, and it's is awesome!

Two: Can you perhaps add some kind of notification when a "quickshot" is completed. Normally when I take a quickshot, my family and I pose. The controller lies next to me, then I have to "break the pose" and look if it has completed. If there was some audible ding or something. Just a simple thing I am sure you can add with a firmware update.

Three : I was thinking, I don't know the logistics or possibilities behind it. Anyway, I was thinking - Perhaps make a part of the top cover solar? Maybe that it stores power in a small battery to power the "find my drone" part. Or perhaps a seperate small chargeable battery that only powers that part and some LEDs?

#Justanothersmalltimeuser.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great ideas.
2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there #ilovemymavic. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter.  I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-15
Use props
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
South Africa

Awesome man
2021-4-16
Use props
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 19:35
Hi there #ilovemymavic. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter.  I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Maybe another tip. I am subscribed to many social media outlets who discuss drones, a frequent problem I pick up, is losing one's drone. (There are some tips to minimize fly-away-drones described in Youtube videos. I get it, one can't really do more - except maybe design a whole separate system like I mentioned above)
But, landing your drone and battling to find it (in plain sight), or flying it into a tree and it gets stuck and not being able to find it because one's battery is flat.... Personally I have been victim to this twice, where I had to use "find-my-drone" to find it in long grass. Luckily I still had a bit of battery power.
The off-white blends easily with dry grass. I  have resorted to buying stickers, fluorescent spray paint  and reflective tape to make my valuable possession more visual.
Some outlets stock the "DIY color-in set", the ones I have tried, do not. Why not include a few skins in the boxed unit, instead of forcing a third-party accessory? It has two functions, keeping your drone and controller free from little scratches etc. and being more visual.

One last thing I want to add as a tip: I don't know if the higher end drones have this, but adhesive little anti-slip rubber feet like one gets on most electrical appliances etc. Imagine landing on a rock and sliding off (this has never happened to me or anyone I know) It will definitely also enhance the product.
2021-4-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea.  Would definitely be helpful.
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules