12Next >
8076 51 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

DJI Fly app 1.4.0 for Android is released with support for Air 2S.
Screenshot_2021-04-15-11-59-58-680_dji.go.v5.jpg
2021-4-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

also for iOS. there are also some UI improvements. Though i couldn't figure a logical way to add fly spots...not sure what they mean by that exactly in the release notes or it is only in certain countries
2021-4-15
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

I guess we know what "The One" is now.. THe fact they released this today supporting the Air2S I guess means the 'S' is the One?
2021-4-15
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Thank you for this information! APP is now already installed.
2021-4-15
Use props
Robprid
lvl.1

South Africa

Any benefits to updating if you only have/fly the mini2 ? Or too early to say ?
2021-4-15
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Robprid Posted at 4-15 05:26
Any benefits to updating if you only have/fly the mini2 ? Or too early to say ?

Likely not, but I updated both my Android devices - not available yet in the iPhone app store (but I only use that if the Android fails).
2021-4-15
Use props
Geraud75
lvl.2

France

There is still no sharpness settings.... We need this to unsharpened the image. Even the footage I see online of the Air 2s are oversharpened....
2021-4-15
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume its still missing tap to fly and course lock?
2021-4-15
Use props
Gif2D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

Thanks! But it seems it doesn't bring nothing new for DJI Mini 2. Or it does?
2021-4-15
Use props
Jevo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Robprid Posted at 4-15 05:26
Any benefits to updating if you only have/fly the mini2 ? Or too early to say ?

Slight change to the menu for FPS in the bottom right corner
2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I tested it a while ago (updating the phone for the Air 2S), and I think they improved the flight, I was flying completely straight for long periods now... or maybe is just that today was like zero wind, haha.

Also the zoom misalignment seems to be fixed in the photo mode, but I didn't test it properly.

PS: Oh, and I got a blackscreen in one of the three flights, but at least are far less common than a few months ago.
2021-4-15
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-15 11:27
I tested it a while ago (updating the phone for the Air 2S), and I think they improved the flight, I was flying completely straight for long periods now... or maybe is just that today was like zero wind, haha.

Also the zoom misalignment seems to be fixed in the photo mode, but I didn't test it properly.

Again, updating the app has absolutely NO effect, positive or negative, on flight characteristics. Firmware, yes, App software, NO! When will some people get this through their thick heads!
2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

BaliSkies Posted at 4-15 12:23
Again, updating the app has absolutely NO effect, positive or negative, on flight characteristics. Firmware, yes, App software, NO! When will some people get this through their thick heads!

Maybe in an ideal world... but with a software full of bugs... let me doubt that.

The controller was also updated to be compatible with the Air2s.

Edit: I'll edit because I assume you don't know what I was talking about, the Mini 2 has a problem where the gimball is not allways pointed at the center of the drone when it's flying formward and thus seems to fly a little sideways while the drone itself it's flying perfectly straight... so yep, that can be fixed in many ways on either firmware depending on where the problem is (aircraft/controller/app).

The software side of the things is not as charichaturescal as you may think and any little bug in the code can affect.

The thing is after the update I notice that the drone flies a little different (better).
2021-4-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

A bigger install thanks to the functions we cannot use...At least the phone compatibility seems to be increased.
2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tuxtard. Good day and thank you for these information you have shared about the DJI Fly application's new update. Great find and thank you for your support. .
2021-4-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

And noticed the option to choose for JPG or JPG+RAW is now on the main screen and not in the setup anymore. Still no RAW only option . Still a spill of unused jpg-data on my memory card.
2021-4-15
Use props
RJmini2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 789167 ft
Australia

Brand new Mini 2. New user. First flight.

Had the previous software version, and couldn't change the video to 4K 25fps or 30fps, could only film in 4K at 24fps.  Filming in 2.7k no probs.  I noticed this issue was on another thread, said it was resolved, but I had the same issue. Using a Samsung S21 Ultra (Australian bought).  Otherwise the app worked well and flew well.

Then updated the software to this version. Now can't change the video settings, except in the lower right hand corner under "pro". Tapping the video icon on the app doesn't do anything: no options there. (Had the same issue with another phone, using the updated software.)

The drone wasn't in the air for the second video test, so not sure if that matters.

If anyone has suggestions or the same probs, be grateful to see a response. (I tried the search facility and it didn't return a relevent thread.)

Best wishes,
Robert
2021-4-15
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 4-15 19:59
And noticed the option to choose for JPG or JPG+RAW is now on the main screen and not in the setup anymore. Still no RAW only option . Still a spill of unused jpg-data on my memory card.

cards are super cheap, jpg's are small. Really don't see the problem in only selecting the raw files if you want them. How small are your cards?
2021-4-15
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello everyone!
Yes, there are minor changes in the GUI (choice of size and frame rate). But now samsung s21 phones work with any frequency (less than half a year has passed).
But! Autoexposure cannot be locked from the phone screen. However, it can be locked via the function button (fn). The exposure is locked, but it is not displayed on the screen. This is a specific bug in the application. Anyone at DJI doing beta testing at all?
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 19:41
Hello there Tuxtard. Good day and thank you for these information you have shared about the DJI Fly application's new update. Great find and thank you for your support.  .
Look. Is there any chance DJI can actually release some notes with these updates, instead of everybody guessing what's changed on forums?
I have a mini 2 and generally it looks a great update, simplifying a lot of the photo key presses to the bottom right.
But it took ages yesterday to find out how to now "exposure lock" in auto mode (double tap and hold) as it doesn't work from function button any more.
Some notes in future please?
2021-4-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO Posted at 4-15 23:20
Look. Is there any chance DJI can actually release some notes with these updates, instead of everybody guessing what's changed on forums?
I have a mini 2 and generally it looks a great update, simplifying a lot of the photo key presses to the bottom right.
But it took ages yesterday to find out how to now "exposure lock" in auto mode (double tap and hold) as it doesn't work from function button any more.

That would be the dictionary definition of a "miracle" Hopefully one day...
2021-4-16
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Geraud75 Posted at 4-15 06:39
There is still no sharpness settings.... We need this to unsharpened the image. Even the footage I see online of the Air 2s are oversharpened....

Can the sharpness settings be changed from 3rd party apps? Or is it locked in the drone?
2021-4-16
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Is it really that difficult on the website  https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads  to keep the version that is displayed in the text up to date with the version that can be downloaded ?!
2021-4-16
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-16 01:29
Can the sharpness settings be changed from 3rd party apps? Or is it locked in the drone?

For drones that have SDK released, yes. I can set sharpness for my MM1. We will have to wait and see if this setting will also be available for DM2, but I guess it will.
2021-4-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

AlexanderK Posted at 4-15 21:52
cards are super cheap, jpg's are small. Really don't see the problem in only selecting the raw files if you want them. How small are your cards?

128 Gb. Storage is not the problem.

Still have to select the RAW files to copy or copy everything, sort on extension and delete all the jpg I never use.
Shooting always in RAW with all my cameras and editing the pictures to my flavours.

Every AEB picture taken, produces as much jpg's. When you make a manual pano with AEB on of let's say 20 pictures. The same number of jpg's is produced is 3x20 = 60 pictures, 120 pictures where you have to select 60 of them that are your RAWs. Delete one wrong file and your work is gone. You can start over again. Most of the time you bump into the problem at the moment of stiching the pictures.

Just because of that, I now copy all the files to my pc, delete the jpg's to get an overview of my RAWs before I delete the files on my memory card.

2021-4-16
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JohnDG Posted at 4-16 05:32
128 Gb. Storage is not the problem.

Still have to select the RAW files to copy or copy everything, sort on extension and delete all the jpg I never use.

You can use terminal to only copy files with a certain extension.
2021-4-16
Use props
Guru3ti
New
India

After updating the App I find my issues - I am using Air 2.Now you will not be able to select the shooting resolution and Fps from the left side of the screen, you need to find below. Which is ugly ad annoying.
For Photo system is not allowing to change the screen ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, I love to take photo from16:9 ratio but I spent almost 2 hrs to find this. Not getting.
Pls help anyone how to reinstall old version of the app. I dont like this app version.
2021-4-18
Use props
Bluenoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3896775 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Horrible upgrade.
Crashes constantly during flights, and what is with the sliders for setting shutter speeds etc? Counter intuitive, and hard to set at the exact setting you want.
Which bright spark at DJI thought that was a clever move?
2021-4-18
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Right!  The slider and especially the choice of whether ISO or shutter speed etc. should be selected works well on a 10 inch tablet, but not on a 6 inch mobile phone display ....
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
Hong Kong

My DJI Fly app screen went blank completely and the drone lost connection momentarily yesterday since this update. It was quite scary as the drone was far away but after a few seconds, the app refreshed and the drone camera continued sending video. This has never happened before until this update. At least I would have hoped when this does happen, the drone would automatically RTH?
2021-4-18
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

The app was updated automatically to version 1.4.0 with autoupdate in OFF, why????
2021-4-19
Use props
fans04c304e5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2021-4-19
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Tuxtard Posted at 4-16 02:17
For drones that have SDK released, yes. I can set sharpness for my MM1. We will have to wait and see if this setting will also be available for DM2, but I guess it will.

I don't think you shoud have to much hope for this. I tried to change the sharpness from -3 to 3 on the mini2, but I couldn't see any difference at all. So the firmware doesn't seem to support it. I only tried it on 4K though.
Strange, because the firmware allows sharpness down to -3, mini1 only accepts 0-3.

Some other things could be changed though, like the AEB parameters, but I got some completly black photos when changing exposure step to high, so this has to be investigated futher.
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_1oS7PZ2UjB62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640709 ft
Argentina

Hola a todos!!
AYUDA POR FAVOR!!
Se me actualizó a la version 1.4 y desde  entonces no tengo vista de la camara del drone, el cual es un Mavic Mini 1.
Todo funcionaba perfecto en el celular actual,  un Galaxy S 21, con la version 1.3
Consulté al servicio de DJI y me contestan que lamentan pero no tienen un enlace para descargar la versión 1,3
Alguno de ustedes podria ayudarme?
Muchas gracias!!
2021-4-19
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-19 13:41
I don't think you shoud have to much hope for this. I tried to change the sharpness from -3 to 3 on the mini2, but I couldn't see any difference at all. So the firmware doesn't seem to support it. I only tried it on 4K though.
Strange, because the firmware allows sharpness down to -3, mini1 only accepts 0-3.

App could rewrite params on each init, so there is still hope.
2021-4-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Tuxtard Posted at 4-20 02:04
App could rewrite params on each init, so there is still hope.

I don't understand what you mean with that?

I changed the sharpness settings on the drone with mocking dumldore msg, but it has no effect. The sharpness settings doesn't have any implementation in the camera firmware module.
How could a parameter rewrite help in this case? Please explain if I'm missing something here.
2021-4-20
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-20 02:14
I don't understand what you mean with that?

I changed the sharpness settings on the drone with mocking dumldore msg, but it has no effect. The sharpness settings doesn't have any implementation in the camera firmware module.

I thought you changed some params using drone hacks or a manually to reduce sharpness. Can you please explain how exactly did you change your sharpness setting?
2021-4-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Tuxtard Posted at 4-20 03:17
I thought you changed some params using drone hacks or a manually to reduce sharpness. Can you please explain how exactly did you change your sharpness setting?

I'm sending the dumldore command to set the sharpness in the same way as dji apps (and sdk) do.

https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firm ... i-dumlv1-camera.lua
[0x38] = 'Sharpeness Set',

Please explain what parameters you mean? Is there any hidden parameters in the camera module you mean. I've never seen that, but I'm very interested how that's done. Do you now any app that makes this?

2021-4-20
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-20 04:47
I'm sending the dumldore command to set the sharpness in the same way as dji apps (and sdk) do.

https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firmware-tools/blob/master/comm_dissector/wireshark/dji-dumlv1-camera.lua

It's a misunderstanding. I thought that you've discovered some hidden parameter and that you've changed it. Sorry.
2021-4-20
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

Bluenoes Posted at 4-18 09:33
Horrible upgrade.
Crashes constantly during flights, and what is with the sliders for setting shutter speeds etc? Counter intuitive, and hard to set at the exact setting you want.
Which bright spark at DJI thought that was a clever move?

Exactly,   absolutely useless.  have to take right hand off controller everytime i need to alter exposure as cant reach the left side of stupidly placed slider!     
i need the old version,  i didnt even download this one, it just appeared when i went to fly!
2021-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules