New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (04/15/2021)
123Next >
16936 84 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans881a4421
lvl.1

Russia

Maybe you know when the Russian language will appear? The DJI FLY app has Russian for iOS and Android, but doesn't have language switching for the Smart Controller.
2021-4-22
Use props
Bimnomercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

I hope at the same time with french language. French language is present on IOS and Android telephone for years, but still not appear on Smartcontroller.

DJI, I do not understand how you work...
2021-4-22
Use props
fans58d5305f
New

United States

Is it compatible with P4 pro w/occusync 2?
2021-4-23
Use props
Amazonite
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully the mini 2 will get suppprt soon.
2021-4-23
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

Mugsie Posted at 4-17 18:40
Hello Dji support. Most of these users are not technical. So most don't notice. Your firmware update has ruined the smart controller. Let me explain. This last firmware has made the smart controller sluggish, slow, studder, and be quite honest has ruined the smart controller. The video transmission is so bad that now only the phones and tablets work better than now, but before this last firmware the performance was better. Dji...  if users and yourself got a smart controller with firmware that are like 3 versions behind and used it, you can easily tell the difference with the performance. Now I have a smart controller that performance is so bad I won't want to use it no more.

Trust me dji you have toasted now the smart controller.

You are spot on, i was on with support today sent them video of how poorly the SC performs after this last update. Its  a piece of garbage and now i need to buy cell phone based controller because i cant use it to fly my air 2. Whhats worse is there is no way to downgrade the firmware.
2021-4-23
Use props
Usafdummy
New

United States

With this update is there a zoom for the Mavic Air 2 smart controller?
2021-4-24
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

When DJi Fly will support 5D buttons???
SMART CONTROLLER OR NOT?????

MAKE THE DAMN THING WORK IN FLY APP SO WE CAN DEFINE MORE THAN THAT TWO BUTTONS IN BACK!!!!!!
2021-4-25
Use props
Apoulit
New

France

DJI is not very receptive to user requests, a Smart Controller is relatively expensive and could at least at that price have a menu in the language of its choice! The last update could have put the language in French tell me not that a company like DJI is not able to do that?
2021-4-27
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Air 2S is OcuSync 3.0
...but remote controller of DJI Air 2S is OcuSync 2.0 like theremote of Mavic Air 2, remote of Mavic Mini and the Smart Controller. In fact you can use the same remote (except SC) for Mini 2, Air 2, Air 2S.
2021-4-27
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Usafdummy Posted at 4-24 11:04
With this update is there a zoom for the Mavic Air 2 smart controller?

There's been zoom for the Air 2 on the smart controller since it became compatible....
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_y4DymKnPFZac
New

United States

The latest firmware update has completely killed the SC image transmission feed for my Mavic 2 Zoom. Over 2 dozen restarts of the Drone & SC has not fixed the transmission issue. I'm not seeing ANY previous version downgrade options in DJI Assistant 2. Anyone have ideas or experienced this as well?
2021-4-28
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

Mini 2 compatibility please.
2021-4-28
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

djiuser_y4DymKnPFZac Posted at 4-28 07:09
The latest firmware update has completely killed the SC image transmission feed for my Mavic 2 Zoom. Over 2 dozen restarts of the Drone & SC has not fixed the transmission issue. I'm not seeing ANY previous version downgrade options in DJI Assistant 2. Anyone have ideas or experienced this as well?

I have a support ticket open with DJI (as i expect many others do).  At this point the SC is unusable and really a safety issue due to the lag and transmission quality. I have 3 drones now that i basically cant fly with the SC until / if / when they fix the firmware.  In the mean time i am using a cellphone based controller.
2021-4-28
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

When I will be able to use 5D buttons on DJI FLY, as this is a SMART REMOTE and not a crap remote?????
2021-4-28
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Still unable to select custom stick mode in DJI Fly 1.4.0
2021-4-28
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314144 ft
United States

Mugsie Posted at 4-17 18:40
Hello Dji support. Most of these users are not technical. So most don't notice. Your firmware update has ruined the smart controller. Let me explain. This last firmware has made the smart controller sluggish, slow, studder, and be quite honest has ruined the smart controller. The video transmission is so bad that now only the phones and tablets work better than now, but before this last firmware the performance was better. Dji...  if users and yourself got a smart controller with firmware that are like 3 versions behind and used it, you can easily tell the difference with the performance. Now I have a smart controller that performance is so bad I won't want to use it no more.

Trust me dji you have toasted now the smart controller.

Well, I'm having the same problems.  Don't know why but my Air 2 video seems jerky and slow to respond.  Did not notice this last year.  I have loved my smart controller but I have just purchased a 'Tripltek 7" tablet' which has a faster processor.  Let me add, the jerkiness is especially bad on a yah.  Also, has any body noticed that when using the  HDMI port, sound is turned off so you get no notifications on the smart controller.
2021-4-29
Use props
All-X
lvl.1
Germany

Add support for Mini 2 please.
Urgently.
Especially in Europe because of the legal regulations the Mini 2 is a very useful additional model even for professional users.
I will buy it if the smart controller supports it.
Otherwise I wont't.
2021-5-1
Use props
NoLegs
lvl.1

Australia

Still no smart controller / Mini 2 capability.
As others have said, it's stupid that this model is not supported yet...
2021-5-4
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know of a portable charger battery pack that will fast charge the smart controller?
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_XKxu6ZSqGPSq
lvl.1
Spain

Still compass issue is present,
2021-5-5
Use props
fans854451e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14298 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will there be support for the Mini 2 if so I will purchase the drone.
2021-5-5
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-15 14:24
So the Smart Controller can actually speak Occusync 3.0? Or does the Air 2S speaks both 3.0 and 2.0???

The spec sheet for the Air 2S says that the video transmission system is O3 and the remote controller is OcuSync 2.0.
2021-5-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

DigitalBoss Posted at 5-7 05:45
The spec sheet for the Air 2S says that the video transmission system is O3 and the remote controller is OcuSync 2.0.

well the standard controller and the smart controller got a firmware update. Since they both are compatible with the Air 2 (occusync 3.0) and Mavic 2 pro & zoom (Occusync 2.0) we presume the OS of both controllers have been upgraded to occusync 3.0  They still are compatible with occusync 2.0 devices which aren't upgraded.
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_Nq26HjwC3qoM
lvl.1

United States

After downloading the SC firmware 01.01..0040 and using my Mavic Air 2, the SC video is jerky/skipping.  watch https://youtu.be/Dzy-38lm_4I  This is not good at all.
2021-5-12
Use props
AirPepper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49888 ft
Germany

Hi, is actually a new smart controller announced? In the current version it is completely overpriced and no longer up-to-date. Why do you actually build the display below the control?  Should be like the Mini2 / AIR2S controller or not? In addition, I want to close for $ 600 no HDMI cable to the TV ,..sry ;)
2021-5-12
Use props
De Souza Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30630 ft
Brazil

Boa noite.....

Eu acho que o Smart Controller poderia ter a língua Português (Brasil) e poder instalar outros APP como o Drone Deploy pois esse Smart Controller e blindado para isso, isso e muito chato eu tenho um Mavic Pro 2 com 4 meses de uso e o Controller Inteligente deixa a desejar realmente galera

Enorme abraço a todos
2021-5-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 2 Please DJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-5-16
Use props
michimue88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 841260 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

First Time, Smart Controller Crashed during flight with the Air2s. RTH saved my drone...
2021-5-17
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was expecting Mini 2 to be included in this update.
2021-5-18
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So the Smart Controller can actually speak Occusync 3.0? Or does the Air 2S speaks both 3.0 and 2.0???

I read in the manual V1.0,  pg 34 of my Air 2S that it uses Occusync  2.0 and only uses 3.0 when in areas that are wide open with low electromagnetic interference.  It would still use Occusync 2.0 to provide video etc..  That's what it says on the standard RC that comes with the drone.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.0_enIII.pdf

I just got the Smart Controller and have flown about 12 flights.  No problem.  Bright enough to use in direct sunlight.  Worked great.  I have only used it out to 2,000 ft. Distance.  So far I love it.
2021-5-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bill in Ohio Posted at 5-19 07:15
I read in the manual V1.0,  pg 34 of my Air 2S that it uses Occusync  2.0 and only uses 3.0 when in areas that are wide open with low electromagnetic interference.  It would still use Occusync 2.0 to provide video etc..  That's what it says on the standard RC that comes with the drone.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Air_2S/DJI_Air_2S_User_Manual_v1.0_enIII.pdf

Thanks Bill, that's very reassuring. I don't have a 2S, but I have a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and also a Mini2. I am eagerly waiting for the Mavic3 and have always wanted to fly the Mini2 with the Smart Controller.
2021-5-19
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350627 ft

Sweden

Please fix this bad firmware V01.01.0040 that killed the Smart Controller.. Its useless as it is now..
2021-5-21
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Air 2 only speaks O2. The O3 support that DJI claim does not talk to anything at this juncture.

If you look at the detailed specifications on the DJI web site it states. O2 for the connection to the remote control.
2021-5-21
Use props
De Souza Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30630 ft
Brazil

Bom dia...\

Sou do Brasil (Campo Grande/MS) eu fico me perguntando porque a DJI não libera o Smart Controller para a gente instalar qualquer tipo de APP que a gente achar viável usar no aparelho. Tipo o Drone Deply e outros que achamos que compensar usar no equipamento. Tenho atualmente um Drone Mavic Pro 2.

Se alguém conseguiu instalar e puder passar o manejo de como faz agradeço a todos ai do Forum, pois eu já procurei de toda forma e maneira e não consegui fazer rodar, instalar e instala mas não roda ficar a tela Branca.

Sem mais galera

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

English translation

Good Morning...\

I am from Brazil (Campo Grande / MS) I wonder why DJI does not release the Smart Controller for us to install any type of APP that we think is feasible to use on the device. Like the Drone Deply and others that we think is worth using on the equipment. I currently have a Mavic Pro 2 Drone.

If someone managed to install and can pass the handling of how it does, I thank everyone there at the Forum, because I already tried it anyway and I couldn't get it to run, install and install, but the White screen doesn't stay.

No more guys
2021-5-22
Use props
lsarribanca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614485 ft
Angola

De Souza Drone Posted at 5-22 07:16
Bom dia...\

Sou do Brasil (Campo Grande/MS) eu fico me perguntando porque a DJI não libera o Smart Controller para a gente instalar qualquer tipo de APP que a gente achar viável usar no aparelho. Tipo o Drone Deply e outros que achamos que compensar usar no equipamento. Tenho atualmente um Drone Mavic Pro 2.

Check this out.
Verifica aqui.

2021-5-27
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-21 05:49
The Air 2 only speaks O2. The O3 support that DJI claim does not talk to anything at this juncture.

If you look at the detailed specifications on the DJI web site it states. O2 for the connection to the remote control.

I read in the manual V1.0,  pg 34 of my Air 2S that it uses Occusync  2.0 and only uses 3.0 when in areas that are wide open with low electromagnetic interference.  It would still use Occusync 2.0 to provide video etc..  That's what it says on the standard RC that comes with the drone.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.0_enIII.pdf

The Smart Controller does Occusync 2.0 that's basically all you need.
2021-6-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Can you yall fix the Map Loading on the flight records.
2021-6-10
Use props
coltfreeman
New
Flight distance : 36644 ft

United States

I've got a smart controller each for a mavic 2 advanced and a mavic air 2. I can get neither controller to work with the simulator. I've appropriately installed the drivers, it shows up as smart controller in the device manager but how do I put it into 'simulator mode' on the smart controller? The device won't communicate with the sim and all stick movements try and navigate around the smart controller menus instead of working within the sim.
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj
lvl.1
Denmark

we are many users who have spent a lot of money on your drones.
Please start listening to us, there are so many who would like to use smart controller for their mini 2.
So listen to us now before we start buying drones of another brand.
2021-6-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WE won.... Check your update !!!!!!
2021-6-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced