New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (04/15/2021)
123Next >
16737 84 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.04.15
  • Smart Controller Firmware: V01.01.0040
  • DJI GO 4 App: V4.3.38
  • DJI Pilot App:  V2.3.1.5
  • DJI Fly App: V1.4.0
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14

What’s New?
  • Added support for DJI Air 2S. DJI Air 2S can now be added and managed under Aircraft Management.
  • Added support for Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced can now be added and managed under Aircraft Management.

Notes:
  • A Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.04.75 or earlier must be updated using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in Firmware Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-2/info#downloads
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.

2021-4-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Still nothin for Mini 2 ?
2021-4-15
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mini 2 ???
2021-4-15
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

This firmware is the answer that mini 2 will not be compatible in the future, shame
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa
lvl.2
Hungary

You're really not gonna add the mini 2 huh
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please add the Mini 2.
2021-4-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 2 puleez.
2021-4-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Please add the Mini 2.
2021-4-15
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

+1 for mini
2021-4-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So the Smart Controller can actually speak Occusync 3.0? Or does the Air 2S speaks both 3.0 and 2.0???
2021-4-15
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Monkey007 Posted at 4-15 14:24
So the Smart Controller can actually speak Occusync 3.0? Or does the Air 2S speaks both 3.0 and 2.0???

you got a good point there.

Had an update for the controller of my mini2. So, got me wondering if they would have the air 2 using the SC and the air 2s not. Or is a new SC coming. But, no, it seems the SC gets an upgrade for the air 2s.
So, is my SC now ocusynch 3 compatible or the air 2s occusynch 2, compatible?
2021-4-15
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mini 2!!!!!!!!!!. We are sick of waiting DJI
2021-4-15
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Mini 2 won't be supported?
2021-4-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

It'll be interesting to see how 'well' the smart controller works with the air2s, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it, given that it did/does not work all that well with the air2 on the previous versions of FLY app...
2021-4-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I am disappointed too, but it's quite clear we won't see Mini2 compatibility anytime soon, and forever
2021-4-15
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 4-15 21:05
I am disappointed too, but it's quite clear we won't see Mini2 compatibility anytime soon, and forever

Don't give up Monkey !!!!!!.
2021-4-15
Use props
Scottty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169902 ft
Germany

Forestjim Posted at 4-15 23:01
Don't give up Monkey !!!!!!.

Being sure there are many users having a Mavic XY,  a SC and a Mini 2.
I also bought the Mini 2 after finding optimistic forum posts to get the SC compatibility after a few months.
Come on, DJI, we all are your paying customers, listen to the many posts
asking for Mini 2 compatibility of SC
2021-4-16
Use props
Wacko_66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216778 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for Mini 2 compatibility, PLEASE!!!
2021-4-16
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-15 18:52
you got a good point there.

Had an update for the controller of my mini2. So, got me wondering if they would have the air 2 using the SC and the air 2s not. Or is a new SC coming. But, no, it seems the SC gets an upgrade for the air 2s.

From what I saw in one of the first posted reviews ( FLytpath?)  The only thing making the Air 2s Occu-sync 3 is that it has 4 antennae now (in the front AND rear legs)  
That is why it is still using the Air 2 and Mini 2 remote.
I can tell you this much, The Smart Controller works fine and has just about the same range as the remote it ships with
2021-4-16
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-15 21:02
It'll be interesting to see how 'well' the smart controller works with the air2s, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it, given that it did/does not work all that well with the air2 on the previous versions of FLY app...

I have the Smart Controller and it has worked great with the Air 2 S for 3 batteries now. It had an initial little trouble with a few of the menu options ( camera, video) but a reboot, clearing cache, and closing the recent programs took care of that.  Also, maybe it is just that I have done it so much, the actual firmware update of the Smart Controllerwent much easier/quicker this time!
2021-4-16
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

I have Mavic 2 drones, why would I upgrade? I do not own a DJI Air 2S nor will I ever buy one.  

Can't see any benefits for my equipment and I'm actually happy with my current version.
2021-4-16
Use props
Wolic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130046 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please add DJI Mini 2 Support!
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_V7z7edxDy4qp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2062339 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tried the SC with Air 2S, very frustrating to see the orientation of the SC is still 180 degree off in the map!
Tried compass calibration at the SC, the issue is still there
Does anybody have the same issue?
2021-4-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

jmb63 Posted at 4-16 05:14
I have the Smart Controller and it has worked great with the Air 2 S for 3 batteries now. It had an initial little trouble with a few of the menu options ( camera, video) but a reboot, clearing cache, and closing the recent programs took care of that.  Also, maybe it is just that I have done it so much, the actual firmware update of the Smart Controllerwent much easier/quicker this time!

That's great news, good to know the smart controller is still alive and well
2021-4-17
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Hello Dji support. Most of these users are not technical. So most don't notice. Your firmware update has ruined the smart controller. Let me explain. This last firmware has made the smart controller sluggish, slow, studder, and be quite honest has ruined the smart controller. The video transmission is so bad that now only the phones and tablets work better than now, but before this last firmware the performance was better. Dji...  if users and yourself got a smart controller with firmware that are like 3 versions behind and used it, you can easily tell the difference with the performance. Now I have a smart controller that performance is so bad I won't want to use it no more.

Trust me dji you have toasted now the smart controller.
2021-4-17
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mugsie Posted at 4-17 18:40
Hello Dji support. Most of these users are not technical. So most don't notice. Your firmware update has ruined the smart controller. Let me explain. This last firmware has made the smart controller sluggish, slow, studder, and be quite honest has ruined the smart controller. The video transmission is so bad that now only the phones and tablets work better than now, but before this last firmware the performance was better. Dji...  if users and yourself got a smart controller with firmware that are like 3 versions behind and used it, you can easily tell the difference with the performance. Now I have a smart controller that performance is so bad I won't want to use it no more.

Is it the Fly app or Go4 that you are noticing these issues? Or is it just the interface? I originally had a few hiccups using the Fly app ( brand new MA2S) and a clean-up of the controller's cache and any unneeded files, etc helped a great deal. It is not as "smooth" with the Fly app as it is with GO4 but Fly is much more demanding. I have not noticed any significant range issues...Seems about the same as always
2021-4-18
Use props
RyanB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261870 ft

United States

For the Fly app v1.4.0, why was the video and photo mode selection changed? It's now much more time-consuming to tune in settings with those sliders. Why make it less accessible?
2021-4-18
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

personally i think that we can forget the firmware update for the mini 2, its so sad really
2021-4-18
Use props
maurotandofilm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

mini 2 plz :-)
2021-4-19
Use props
Steve613
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82956 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys you marketed the Mini 2 as having Occusync - and that teases compatibility with the DJI Goggles and Smart Controller.  It's really a big negative message to your loyal customers who are investing heavily and updating our drones that you don't make the Smart COntroller (and goggles) compatible with the Mini 2.  The Mini 2 is an important product because it eases the legal restrictions to the other larger DJI drones...and should enjoy compatibility with the Occusync products.  
2021-4-19
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350627 ft

Sweden

Mugsie Posted at 4-17 18:40
Hello Dji support. Most of these users are not technical. So most don't notice. Your firmware update has ruined the smart controller. Let me explain. This last firmware has made the smart controller sluggish, slow, studder, and be quite honest has ruined the smart controller. The video transmission is so bad that now only the phones and tablets work better than now, but before this last firmware the performance was better. Dji...  if users and yourself got a smart controller with firmware that are like 3 versions behind and used it, you can easily tell the difference with the performance. Now I have a smart controller that performance is so bad I won't want to use it no more.

I would also like to say that the latest firmware is very bad with transmission and video.
Even on 1000 m you can see a blurry picture, this is something I have never seen before.
2021-4-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Who also have problems with LAG on Smart C? There is a horrible lag on transmission...Anyone else?
2021-4-19
Use props
ady1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207211 ft
United Kingdom

You need to use another name instead of "Smart Controller"  £600 for something that has very little Ram and Rom, slow processor, slow gpu, running Android 7. seriously a £100 phone has 10 times the specs and better support.
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FlyRacer Posted at 4-15 06:05
This firmware is the answer that mini 2 will not be compatible in the future, shame

I'm really disappointed. I bought Smart Controller for my Occusync 2 drones.
MA2 and MINI2. 1 nice remote for all my drones. But they make MINI2 remote compatible with everything ??????
Come On where is the logic ?
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ady1 Posted at 4-20 03:32
You need to use another name instead of "Smart Controller"  £600 for something that has very little Ram and Rom, slow processor, slow gpu, running Android 7. seriously a £100 phone has 10 times the specs and better support.

More like the Dumb Controller.
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Steve613 Posted at 4-19 06:45
Guys you marketed the Mini 2 as having Occusync - and that teases compatibility with the DJI Goggles and Smart Controller.  It's really a big negative message to your loyal customers who are investing heavily and updating our drones that you don't make the Smart COntroller (and goggles) compatible with the Mini 2.  The Mini 2 is an important product because it eases the legal restrictions to the other larger DJI drones...and should enjoy compatibility with the Occusync products.

I Truly Agree. I'm Starting to regret having bought it. No MINI2 Compatibility is nonsense !
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Scottty Posted at 4-16 01:36
Being sure there are many users having a Mavic XY,  a SC and a Mini 2.
I also bought the Mini 2 after finding optimistic forum posts to get the SC compatibility after a few months.
Come on, DJI, we all are your paying customers, listen to the many posts

Amen . I'm with you.
2021-4-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Please MINI 2 Support !!
2021-4-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

jmb63 Posted at 4-18 04:46
Is it the Fly app or Go4 that you are noticing these issues? Or is it just the interface? I originally had a few hiccups using the Fly app ( brand new MA2S) and a clean-up of the controller's cache and any unneeded files, etc helped a great deal. It is not as "smooth" with the Fly app as it is with GO4 but Fly is much more demanding. I have not noticed any significant range issues...Seems about the same as always

jmb63, could you please tell us how the GO4 app on the Smart Controller works with April 15 released firmware?
2021-4-22
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-22 14:14
jmb63, could you please tell us how the GO4 app on the Smart Controller works with April 15 released firmware?

Go 4 App is working fine so far with the M2P and Zoom with the 04/15/2021 Firmware. No changes either better or worse that I can see so far...I have been experimenting with both the Mavic 2 and the MA2 S using the Smart controller and the only issue so far is that if I set the C1 or C2 to something in the Fly app for the MA2 S and then use the Go4 app for the Mavic 2 or vice versa. ( keeping in mind that the 5D button isn't working or programable in the Fly app so only the C1 and C2 buttons work) The individual app does not use that button assignment. It goes back to whatever I set it for in the "previously used" app! For instance, I set C1 on the controller to "center focus" for the Mavic 2 and then use the SC for the Air 2 S it (the C1) button will not do what I programmed it for ( Air 2 S has no "center autofocus"  so it does nothing) like "recenter gimbal" ...Conversely if I do set C1 to something in the Fly app ( Air 2 S) and then go back to Go 4 ( Mavic 2), It forgets what I did and does what I programmed in the Fly app if it has a coinciding use...I hope that makes sense??
2021-4-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules