• Remote Controller: v04.12.00.32
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.4.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.0

What’s New?
  • Added MasterShots.
  • Added DJI AirSense.
  • Added Pro mode for photo mode.
  • Added APAS 4.0.
  • Added APAS when camera resolution is set to 1080p 48/50/60fps.
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller.
  • Optimized FPV gimbal mode.

Notes:
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will any of these features get rolled over to the Mini 2 or the Air2?
2021-4-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 07:51
Will any of these features get rolled over to the Mini 2 or the Air2?

I doubt it. But the Smart Controller is compatible with OS3 transmission that's really good news.
Can buy just the AIR 2S drone stand alone, no controller.
The mini2 and SC Remotes are both compatible.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 4-15 08:32
I doubt it. But the Smart Controller is compatible with OS3 transmission that's really good news.

We can but hope and let them know our desires.  
2021-4-15
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume its still missing tap to fly and course lock?
2021-4-15
Use props
deisenhour1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216014 ft
United States

So it says in FAQ about Motion Controller and FPV goggles "For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates."

Does that mean yes it will in time? If so I will order. If not Dealbreaker.
2021-4-15
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

Dear DJI team, why are you bringing a drone onto the EU market that is not classified under EU law? The EU regulation has been effective since January 1st, 2021 (actually already June 1st, 2020). If this is due to a lack of EU guidelines, please let us know. At the moment the impression arises that you don't care about EU customers.
2021-4-16
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

My Smart Controller is updating now. So excited, looking for 2S now.
2021-4-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would love to see some of these features added to MA2 and Mini 2.  
2021-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drohni Posted at 4-16 00:41
Dear DJI team, why are you bringing a drone onto the EU market that is not classified under EU law? The EU regulation has been effective since January 1st, 2021 (actually already June 1st, 2020). If this is due to a lack of EU guidelines, please let us know. At the moment the impression arises that you don't care about EU customers.

The EU, EASA have yet to ratifiy the classification system, until then no manufacture will be able to offer it.

Your question should be directed to EASA, after years of preperation, the transition period has been pushed out until the end of 2022, going by past experiences, JAR, EASA etc etc it might not even be completed by then!
2021-4-17
Use props
fans9de51e87
lvl.1
Greece

There would be nice to add MasterShots to ma2 as well. I believe it is just a matter of a firmware update.
2021-4-17
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Smart controller is not, I repeat not O3 compatible. There Air 2s Supports Occusync 2.0. See the specs on the Spec sheet the controller (remote) is O2 including the one it ships with.

The O3 statement in the specs is misleading as it supports no other O3 equipment AFAIK. e.g. FPV Drone controller etc.

It is difficult at this time to understand what the O3 in the spec actually means.

Personally I think out means nothing other that not stating new drone is O2.And to stop people whining about not getting the feature set on all O2 drones.

i.e. Those that don't understand product differentiation and marketing.

Cheers

2021-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 4-18 01:04
The Smart controller is not, I repeat not O3 compatible. There Air 2s Supports Occusync 2.0. See the specs on the Spec sheet the controller (remote) is O2 including the one it ships with.

The O3 statement in the specs is misleading as it supports no other O3 equipment AFAIK. e.g. FPV Drone controller etc.

I actually think an upgrade may come for this that will all operations of goggles and joystick , don’t know for sure but hoping it may, and yes standard controller with air2s and SC are both O2...
2021-4-18
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bjr981s Posted at 4-18 01:04
The Smart controller is not, I repeat not O3 compatible. There Air 2s Supports Occusync 2.0. See the specs on the Spec sheet the controller (remote) is O2 including the one it ships with.

Well the Smart Controller works with the Mavic Air 2S and the Mavic Air 2S is O3.
There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch there
2021-4-18
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

SMART C have already big problems with A2S....start reading reviews!
2021-4-19
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-19 12:29
SMART C have already big problems with A2S....start reading reviews!

Will do. But I'm happy with my Air2 no need for S.
Now the Mini2 is what I'm really praying for SC support for but I'm not holding my breath.
We will probably see the Air3 before any Mini2 SC support
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_bVjgbu64UOa7
lvl.1

United States

Please add sharpness & contrast controls PLEASE!
2021-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 09:29
We can but hope and let them know our desires.

It is a shame. The M2 is the only drone that is really working for me in the EU market, but I do miss some features.
2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-20 02:11
It is a shame. The M2 is the only drone that is really working for me in the EU market, but I do miss some features.

Just watch iCelines video, and the end she says DJI will publish new specs and it will be fine.  

2021-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 03:40
Just watch iCelines video, and the end she says DJI will publish new specs and it will be fine.  

https://youtu.be/1aPE8klAbWk

Still too heavy for me.
2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-20 04:13
Still too heavy for me.

2021-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-20 04:13
Still too heavy for me.

2021-4-20
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 4-18 03:31
Well the Smart Controller works with the Mavic Air 2S and the Mavic Air 2S is O3.
There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch there

Mate read the spec. I am trying too tell you its O2 for controllers. Its in the spec sheet.
2021-4-21
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bjr981s Posted at 4-21 05:24
Mate read the spec. I am trying too tell you its O2 for controllers. Its in the spec sheet.

Ok Ok, don't get mad
Why don't you argue with DJI they are the ones that are stating it uses O3  ?
2021-4-21
Use props
deisenhour1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216014 ft
United States

deisenhour1 Posted at 4-15 10:23
So it says in FAQ about Motion Controller and FPV goggles "For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates."

Does that mean yes it will in time? If so I will order. If not Dealbreaker.

"DJI Air 2S does not support the use of the DJI FPV Goggles series or the DJI Motion Controller, and there is currently no plan to add support for these devices. For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates." - Thanks for the update to the FAQ's No need to buy the Air 2 s as my Mavic 2 Air is suitable for my needs. Was really hoping for the goggles on this drone to line up really good photo's as the phone screen is so very hard to get things framed correctly in.
2021-4-21
Use props
Airspiller
lvl.1
United States

deisenhour1 Posted at 4-21 12:28
"DJI Air 2S does not support the use of the DJI FPV Goggles series or the DJI Motion Controller, and there is currently no plan to add support for these devices. For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates." - Thanks for the update to the FAQ's No need to buy the Air 2 s as my Mavic 2 Air is suitable for my needs. Was really hoping for the goggles on this drone to line up really good photo's as the phone screen is so very hard to get things framed correctly in.

Re: "and there is currently no plan to add support for these devices" .... simply sadge, mine will be returned. I'll stick with my Inspire 1 and HDMI out to my Headplay headset. I could do the same with a smart controller and hdmi cable, but 5-6 yrs later makes no sense I can't use Goggles v2....
2021-4-21
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 4-21 05:46
Ok Ok, don't get mad
Why don't you argue with DJI they are the ones that are stating it uses O3  ?

I'm not mad. I just want to make sure that I address comments that are wrong that leads people to make buying decisions then ending up with buyers remorse.

People saw the o3 Spec and then assumed that it would work with all the O3 bits of the DJO FPV drone. But did not read further down the spec sheet to the remote controller spec that says O2 And clearly it doesn't support any O3 devices. At  least at the moment and DJI are notorious for not delivering to promises.

I still don't have ADS-B on my Air 2, the SC is not compatible with the RE air units (Both being O2  and it was suggested by DJI that it would come in an update) and still waiting for SC support on my Mini 2. Not to mention my 3 Crystal Sky monitors that don't work with anything anymore.

But those that have the O2 based SC can plug the original white goggles or the REs into the SC and fly FPV for long distance with the SC. So not all doom and gloom.

The other thing I am trying to get people to actually understand is that there is no such thing technically as O1, O2 and O3.

These are marketing terms. e.g. The Mavic 2's are O2 but work with the O1 goggles.

You know the old saying. "assume" makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Too many assumptions made on this web site.

Cheers.

2021-4-22
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bjr981s Posted at 4-22 05:11
I'm not mad. I just want to make sure that I address comments that are wrong that leads people to make buying decisions then ending up with buyers remorse.

People saw the o3 Spec and then assumed that it would work with all the O3 bits of the DJO FPV drone. But did not read further down the spec sheet to the remote controller spec that says O2 And clearly it doesn't support any O3 devices. At  least at the moment and DJI are notorious for not delivering to promises.

They are very good at "Tom Foolery"
"DJI are notorious for not delivering to promises"
That is very true. I only bought the SC because it was supposed to be compatible with my MA2 and MINI2.
If I would have known that it would have only worked with my Mavic Air2 I would have never ever bought SC or MINI2.
What a Waste of money!!

2021-4-22
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

If you look at specs, you will be VERY SUPRISED to see that A2S have O3, but the A2S remote is posted by DJI as O2 !!!!
So...why this? Pure bullshxt marketing.
2021-4-22
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Remote Controller
Multiple Controllers
N/A
Remote Controller Transmission System
OcuSync 2.0
2021-4-22
Use props
Loves2Fly
New

United States

Just bought the Air 2S. Trying for 2 days to update the firmware so that I can fly and I can't get it past 84%.  I've tried through the app, the assistant and both Mac and PC.  HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_jZe4mv3RcTfe
New

Germany

I bought the Air 2s and i am wondering i cannot use active track with higher Framerates in 1080p like my Mavic Air 2 do. The Releasenotes of the actual firmware says apas is possible with 1080p with 48/50/60 fps on the Air 2s.
Please help.
2021-4-25
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loves2Fly Posted at 4-24 13:02
Just bought the Air 2S. Trying for 2 days to update the firmware so that I can fly and I can't get it past 84%.  I've tried through the app, the assistant and both Mac and PC.  HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!

When I got mine it sat at 84% for like 10 minutes then finally moved on.  Using the new version of the DJI assistant that lists it compatibility as only for the Mini 2 and Air 2s.  Hope you finally got it working!
2021-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules