Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2S C class
12Next >
39062 75 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Hello DJI

When DJI has the new Air 2S with a C1 class marking? In EASA countries and UK without this marking it will be mostly useless after December 31st 2022 and more dificult and expesive to operate until then.

I suspect that many european drone operators like me will not buy the Air 2S until it has the C class marking. I will keep enjoying my Mini.
2021-4-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1. This is a must for EU.
2021-4-15
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 07:46
+1. This is a must for EU.

Yes, the Air 2S will be legacy drone on the range 500gr-1999gr and it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A3 (150 m or 492 feet minimum distance from people, buildings and recreational areas) as long as the pilot has a A1-A3 Certificate of Competency.

Additionally during the transition period it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A2 (50 m or 164 feet minimum distance from people and buildings) as long as the pilot has a A2 CofC.

The A2 CofC is expensive and harder to take the presential test. The A1-A3 CofC is often free and all on-line, training and test.
2021-4-15
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

Yes pls add a C label DJI!
2021-4-15
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

amferreira Posted at 4-15 07:56
Yes, the Air 2S will be legacy drone on the range 500gr-1999gr and it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A3 (150 m or 492 feet minimum distance from people, buildings and recreational areas) as long as the pilot has a A1-A3 Certificate of Competency.

Additionally during the transition period it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A2 (50 m or 164 feet minimum distance from people and buildings) as long as the pilot has a A2 CofC.

Just to complete my post and highlight the diference between an Air 2S legacy and an Air 2S C1 class.

The Air 2S class C1 can fly in subcategory A1, just like the Mini 1 and 2, as long as the pilot has a A1-A3 CofC without the trasitional period limit. In subcategory A1 the Air 2S can fly close to uninvolved persons and briefly not intentionaly over uninvolved person. This means that you can cross a road even if there are people walking and cars passing.
2021-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Unfortunately class C has not been released yet , I would be confident that this can be sorted at a later date. FW/SW can show what class drone falls into as soon as EASA get their act together. It’s ridiculous to think drone companies would have to wait years without compensation. So I will hazard a guess that this topic has been well ironed out among the powers that be.
2021-4-15
Use props
wictor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79436 ft

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-15 08:27
Unfortunately class C has not been released yet , I would be confident that this can be sorted at a later date. FW/SW can show what class drone falls into as soon as EASA get their act together. It’s ridiculous to think drone companies would have to wait years without compensation. So I will hazard a guess that this topic has been well ironed out among the powers that be.

EASA already said that retroactive certification will not be possible.
If DJI has a plan for retroactively exchanging uncertified drones with C1 labelled ones, they have to communicate it now.
2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Well, till January 1st 2023 I have problably done a thousand flights with the Air2S... or more XD

But yep, they should start to certificate drones ASAP.
2021-4-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I've scoured all their data sheets and it makes no mention of it anywhere at all.

Ultimately its approaching the point where its worthless buying a new drone in Europe without this classification because the time you can use it without huge restrictions is getting shorter and shorter.

The lack of any communication from DJI on the matter is more concerning.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, the Air 2S will be legacy drone on the range 500gr-1999gr and it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A3 (150 m or 492 feet minimum distance from people, buildings and recreational areas) as long as the pilot has a A1-A3 Certificate of Competency.

The A2c of c also doesn’t last very long.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 4-15 09:17
I've scoured all their data sheets and it makes no mention of it anywhere at all.

Ultimately its approaching the point where its worthless buying a new drone in Europe without this classification because the time you can use it without huge restrictions is getting shorter and shorter.

Absolutely.  The only exception is the mini without classification is better than one with due to the change from weight to MTOM.
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The uk registration process currently guides you through checking the classification and EASA said in December classified drones would be possible in 2021.
2021-4-15
Use props
Expvet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21588 ft
United States

My question to DJI is does the Air 2S already comply with the soon to be implemented FAA Remote I.D. mandate that will require drones to transmit their ID information and the location of the drone and the pilot. If they are not then this will be an issue in less then 2 years when the mandate is implemented since they will not be able to fly practically anywhere in the U.S.
2021-4-15
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-15 08:57
Well, till January 1st 2023 I have problably done a thousand flights with the Air2S... or more XD

But yep, they should start to certificate drones ASAP.

I usually fly in parks and beaches and those are off limits for the Ais 2S in subcategory A3. My flights come under subcategory A1 and I can only fly with the Air 2S if it has class C1 marking. So no point of buying the unclassed Air 2S.
2021-4-15
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

I agree in 100%.
2021-4-15
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

wictor Posted at 4-15 08:56
If DJI has a plan for retroactively exchanging uncertified drones with C1 labelled ones, they have to communicate it now.

2021-4-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not buying it and to be honest bringing it out in EU and UK without this is just plain Stupid. I also feel that DJI are now most defiantly ripping off its existing customers by releasing this so soon after the Air 2 and not putting some of the things in this drone in the A2 by updates..... Shame on DJI
2021-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If DJI has a plan for retroactively exchanging uncertified drones with C1 labelled ones, they have to communicate it now.

They cannot communicate it because EASA are delaying, but dji have already mentioned on this forum that drones will comply from release of Mavic Air 2, so I expect this to happen, I also would not be surprised if EASA regulations get put out for a further 12 months.
Having attended many seminars throughout this bringing together of all European countries it was quite noticeable that dji played a major part in all discussions as they should, the safety of dji drones is the benchmark for both professional and hobbyists and authority’s .
2021-4-15
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea I will not buy a new drone that does not have a Class marking (UK based). So won't be getting the 2s.... Dji  should better get on it because which ever drone manufacturer makes a new high performance portable drone with class marking will get my money ;)
2021-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-15 10:57
I am not buying it and to be honest bringing it out in EU and UK without this is just plain Stupid. I also feel that DJI are now most defiantly ripping off its existing customers by releasing this so soon after the Air 2 and not putting some of the things in this drone in the A2 by updates..... Shame on DJI

Dji have been doing this for ever since Phantom 2, 3 phantom 3 drones in 2 years, phantom 4 released in march 2016, phantom 4 pro November 2016, mavic pro 2016 mavic platinum 2017 mavic white 2017. Mavic mini then mini 2, so what’s different about releasing a much improved Air2S . Do you really believe they should give all new updates to a drone people paid a lot less for, like did it happen with any other drone ?
2021-4-15
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Air 3 will have it... lol
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If EASA manages to get this sorted by end of 2022 I will be amazed! It's been delayed many times, it was supposed to be in place by end of 2020 and they missed that.

If the EU's shambolic roll out of the Covid Vaccine is anything to go by we will be waiting for certification for sometime yet.
2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

itsdavesdrone Posted at 4-15 12:59
The Air 3 will have it... lol

If it goes out this year... I doubt it.

Edit: Sorry, I red Mavic 3 isntead of Air 3 XD

Maybe we start seeing certificates on 2022, but definetelly not this year.
2021-4-15
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

looks like DJI is taking a p1ss from every EU/UK user, I've seen somewhere that they officially said that 'new' Air 2 will have all certs in place but it was a lie.
got screwed by DJI buying MA2 on release without Air Sense (as EU version was without it even having the same price as US version) and without EASA certs, now having MA2S in basket found out that theres no EASA certs still .. DJI what tf is going on? can anyone shed some light on it and tell us the truth not another dose of lies?
2021-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

crosswired Posted at 4-15 14:21
looks like DJI is taking a p1ss from every EU/UK user, I've seen somewhere that they officially said that 'new' Air 2 will have all certs in place but it was a lie.
got screwed by DJI buying MA2 on release without Air Sense (as EU version was without it even having the same price as US version) and without EASA certs, now having MA2S in basket found out that theres no EASA certs still .. DJI what tf is going on? can anyone shed some light on it and tell us the truth not another dose of lies?

You will only get the cert when EASA release it, how difficult is this for people.
2021-4-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The problem still remains that its A3 (very restrictive) unless someone pays and does an A2CoC even now.
Ultimately, even now the regulations are in that makes the Air 2S A3 by default.
2021-4-15
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

...yup, 'legacy' hardware on release LOL
2021-4-15
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

EASA changed mind, retroactive certification is now possible. It's just the manufacturer's will. The manufacturer needs to declare compatibility with such class and to provide sticker with class name to the user.
But there is no answer or any promises from DJI.
Now I'm pretty sure there will be Air3 or something like "Air 2z" next year.
2021-4-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, the Air 2S will be legacy drone on the range 500gr-1999gr and it will be allowed to fly in Subcategory A3 (150 m or 492 feet minimum distance from people, buildings and recreational areas) as long as the pilot has a A1-A3 Certificate of Competency.

Hi,

I passed my C2 exam online, must not say not as easy as the C1/C3 but after reading the lessons material twice; > 90 score on my test.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-15
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

A2 is hard? Are you kidding me? I took A2 next day after passing A1/A3, I can say is not hard at all, 50% of test is common sense...
Without basic knowledge of wind behavior and pressure, you should be banned from flying inside city. With any drone...
So take A2...is not that hard if you read 2-3 days about wind, pressure and Lit-ion and Li-Po.
2021-4-15
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-15 22:58
A2 is hard? Are you kidding me? I took A2 next day after passing A1/A3, I can say is not hard at all, 50% of test is common sense...
Without basic knowledge of wind behavior and pressure, you should be banned from flying inside city. With any drone...
So take A2...is not that hard if you read 2-3 days about wind, pressure and Lit-ion and Li-Po.

Yes A2 is much easier than A1/A3
2021-4-16
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A2 is 90% common sense.  Anyone, even someone who has never used a drone before can read and pass the test in about 2 hours.
The main issue for most people is the extra cost.

But also, even A2CoC wont help you with a legacy drone at the end of 2022 - the thing is still A3.
2021-4-16
Use props
Bill Adama
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515190 ft
United Kingdom

Just wish DJI would make a statement on this if they believe that this drone can be retrospectively C1 classified and they intend to do so. If they did so then my impulsive side would buy it and hope for the best.

As it is the fact that they haven't suggests that the Air 2s wont be 'fixed' and will therefore be legacy.. then (as mentioned above) another air 3 will come out early 2022 which has the C1 mark on it.

Unless there is a statement then its a no buy from me.
2021-4-16
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bill Adama Posted at 4-16 03:49
Just wish DJI would make a statement on this if they believe that this drone can be retrospectively C1 classified and they intend to do so. If they did so then my impulsive side would buy it and hope for the best.

As it is the fact that they haven't suggests that the Air 2s wont be 'fixed' and will therefore be legacy.. then (as mentioned above) another air 3 will come out early 2022 which has the C1 mark on it.

That is my thought...

The way the EU works is nothing is approved unless its physically marked.

So if it does get certified there's a fair chance ones bought BEFORE that date wont be stamped and marked therefore not category certified and only ones bought after that will be.

For most people maybe not an issue but for anyone operating commercially and requiring insurance, it is.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_sWFpDyvNKucF
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi. I have a DJI Air 2S. I've registered with IAA in Ireland because the drone is above 250g and has a camera. But then, in the IAA rules I read: 'Regulation (EU) 2019/947 does not require you to register unless your Unmanned Aircraft or Drone is Certified. Currently there are no certified Unmanned Aircraft or Drones.'So do I even need to pass any test?
And there's also the 'Open Category Overview' attached screenshot from the online training course.
If I only fly in category A1, do I need to do anything at all - registration, competency, etc. - before year 2023?

Seamus

2021-8-28
Use props
djiuser_sWFpDyvNKucF
lvl.1
Ireland

2021-8-28
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

If you are in Europe the Air2S has no classification, so it is able to fly in A2 untill January 2023, and from there on it will only be able to fly in A3. Which yep, is a crap because Air2S should be classified as a C1 drone and fly in A1 because it physically meets the requirements.

During the transitional period, <2Kg drones without classification can fly in A2, so for Air 2, Mavic 2, Air2S, etc you need at least the A1/A3 to fly them in A3 or the A2 to fly closer to people.

The only drones that can fly in A1 at the moment are the Mini/Mini2/Mini SE and other >250g drones, even when they are not classified as C0.

Lets hope the Mavic 3 is under 900g and comes with a C1 classification.
2021-8-28
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

djiuser_sWFpDyvNKucF Posted at 8-28 03:18
Hi. I have a DJI Air 2S. I've registered with IAA in Ireland because the drone is above 250g and has a camera. But then, in the IAA rules I read: 'Regulation (EU) 2019/947 does not require you to register unless your Unmanned Aircraft or Drone is Certified. Currently there are no certified Unmanned Aircraft or Drones.'So do I even need to pass any test?
And there's also the 'Open Category Overview' attached screenshot from the online training course.
If I only fly in category A1, do I need to do anything at all - registration, competency, etc. - before year 2023?

Hi Seamus

There are the EASA rules but countries may have some changes due to local laws. As far as EASA is concerned all drones with a camera need to be registered as an operator. From what I see from the pic you attached IAA do not require registration for C0 and C1 drones. But your existing Air 2S isn't a C classed drone, even if it meets the requirements of a C1 drone. As your drone is a legacy drone you have to check with IAA what are their requirements for legacy drones. Please bear in mind if you want to fy in another EASA country you need to register as an operator.

As far as training is concerned EASA requires an A1-A3 CofC to fly the Air 2S in subcategory A3. Until December 31st 2022 you can fly in subcategory A2 with an A2 CofC. Check with IAA what are their requirements for legacy drones.
2021-9-3
Use props
fans324a199c
lvl.2

United Kingdom

amferreira Posted at 2021-9-3 09:35
Hi Seamus

There are the EASA rules but countries may have some changes due to local laws. As far as EASA is concerned all drones with a camera need to be registered as an operator. From what I see from the pic you attached IAA do not require registration for C0 and C1 drones. But your existing Air 2S isn't a C classed drone, even if it meets the requirements of a C1 drone. As your drone is a legacy drone you have to check with IAA what are their requirements for legacy drones. Please bear in mind if you want to fy in another EASA country you need to register as an operator.
Any update about C label?  I'm wondering to buy this drone if it get a C1
2022-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules