Terrible product! WITHOUT FCC this drone DOES NOT WORK!
1125 14 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

I bought this drone on the day of its launch and I have it stored there without use.
According to the advertising (DECEPTIVE), this drone promises a maximum flight distance of 10 kilometers in ideal terrain, and it cannot be that at 600 METERS away it already loses signal without being able to reach 800 meters, where the signal is it goes totally.

I'm from Chile, and this is really the WORST PRODUCT the brand has ever released! in addition to creating misleading advertising regarding the transmission signal.
I hope that DJI will soon solve this SERIOUS PROBLEM, since if not, I am seriously thinking about returning the product or making a lawsuit for misleading advertising in my country. There I have thrown the unused equipment, really disappointing!

2021-4-15
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a problem for YOU as you live in a country that does not allow high power tranmission from the drone. This is not a problem with the drone or DJI. The drone is quite capable of doing exactly what it is advertised to do, but your government won't allow it to do what it is capable of doing.
2021-4-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

instead of wasting your time and complaining here you can better invest it in looking for a solution. Taking hostage one of the rule makers in Chile would be an option but if I were you I'd search this forum for the way to activate FCC mode free of charge... It seems way better investment of your time ... enjoy ...
2021-4-15
Use props
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

tomekyo Posted at 4-15 11:21
instead of wasting your time and complaining here you can better invest it in looking for a solution. Taking hostage one of the rule makers in Chile would be an option but if I were you I'd search this forum for the way to activate FCC mode free of charge... It seems way better investment of your time ... enjoy ...

So far there is no option to pass it to FCC and dji does not offer the option to do so either.
2021-4-15
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Kendo CL Posted at 4-15 11:25
So far there is no option to pass it to FCC and dji does not offer the option to do so either.

Yes you have this option for free.
2021-4-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

why would I have typed that it it were none ...? It is like third post from the top ... but okey, if you're sure there is no such a thing, just return your drone ...
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm in a CE country, 2km no problem, there are no promisies from DJI, the distance claims are subjective and this is made clear in the documentation.
I don't work for DJI, I'm not defending them, but the documentation is very clear on the matter.

There are methods available to make it switch modes some are paid some are free, some are even mentioned on this forum!
2021-4-15
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI CAN NOT offer a method for you to break your local laws.

Read through this
2021-4-15
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just return it like you said and call it a day. No one really cares that your country does not allow the drone to be used as intended.
2021-4-15
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yesterday morning in the UK I flew 1.3km out and never had any issues at all. Totally clear in the goggles with no warnings or glitches.
2021-4-16
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe check to see if there are any interfence issues or installations on your flight path. Part of flying any craft is to plan and scout your route for possible issues to be encountered along the way. Basics really. Maybe this is not the drone you are looking for and should try an alternative. It's no good just blasting a post that blames the company about issues, unless it's the company that are directly to blame. Reading this, I feel that DJI is not to blame. Bit like someone who has never flown FPV crashing it and blaming DJI. You pay your money and take your chance. If you don't plan, learn and accept any local limitations on flight, then again, flying of any kind is not for you my friend.
2021-4-16
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 4-16 02:21
Maybe check to see if there are any interfence issues or installations on your flight path. Part of flying any craft is to plan and scout your route for possible issues to be encountered along the way. Basics really. Maybe this is not the drone you are looking for and should try an alternative. It's no good just blasting a post that blames the company about issues, unless it's the company that are directly to blame. Reading this, I feel that DJI is not to blame. Bit like someone who has never flown FPV crashing it and blaming DJI. You pay your money and take your chance. If you don't plan, learn and accept any local limitations on flight, then again, flying of any kind is not for you my friend.

you might have been lucky a couple of times and have flown in the environment without interference en clear line of sight. My personal experience with video link is: after 300 meters it becomes unreliable, especially if you roll and flip your DJI Fpv. This is the reason why I have been tempted by the mod and am happy man now ...
2021-4-16
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomekyo Posted at 4-16 03:15
you might have been lucky a couple of times and have flown in the environment without interference en clear line of sight. My personal experience with video link is: after 300 meters it becomes unreliable, especially if you roll and flip your DJI Fpv. This is the reason why I have been tempted by the mod and am happy man now ...

Even without "The Mod" it still flew 1.3km more or less straight out the box. Let's see if you still have issues with all that power.
2021-4-16
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Settig the transmition to manual, selecting 2.8Mhz and 20mbs I was getting 2.5Km without any issues.

I'm planning to do a test, using two FPV Drones, one with the mod & one without and then fly  them over the same route with the same goggles and remote.

I dont want to use a drone thats been modded as my base test, hence two drones.
2021-4-16
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Buzzyone Posted at 4-16 09:02
Settig the transmition to manual, selecting 2.8Mhz and 20mbs I was getting 2.5Km without any issues.

I'm planning to do a test, using two FPV Drones, one with the mod & one without and then fly  them over the same route with the same goggles and remote.

I am not looking for 10 km range. Just want to be sure it does not lose the video while doing flips and rolls. At 600 meter the difference is very obvious ...
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules