12Next >
2667 46 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Let's see how many users "sign" for DJI add the Mini2 at the list of supported drones for the Smart Controller!
Come on DJI!!! What a shame that in this new FW you have included support for the Air2S but not for the Mini2!!!
2021-4-15
Use props
mssmbrs97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37930 ft
Italy

One vote for the Mini 2 and one vote for the airsense in Europe. Come on Dji you can do it.......
2021-4-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Cpt ro_flyer,

wish the Mini2 would be compatible on the SC too, but I have great doubts now they made a new drone compatible. On the other hand it would be awkward the Air 2 would be compatible and the Air 2s not.

Where is the petition ?  Maybe you can set it up as a voting bar, so you can keep count.
2021-4-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Come on  DJI!!!!!!!.
First, you abanded all of us Crystal Sky Monitor owners and now you are doing the same to us Smart Controllers owners.
DJI......What have you have got against monitors!!!!!!
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 from me.
2021-4-16
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to the list to make mini 2  smart controller compatible!!
2021-4-16
Use props
Steve613
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82956 ft
  • >>>
United States

The success of Apple is their customers investment in the Apple universe.  Everything Apple is compatible, everything works seamlessly.   The Smart Controller was a major investment, and the fact that the Mini2 uses OccuSync, there is no reason for the SC not to work with it.  So loyal customers buying both are frustrated for no reason at all.  DJI...make it right!
2021-4-16
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Come one DJI!! Listen to your customers!!!!
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa
lvl.2
Hungary

Well, sure, I'll sign, but the message has been crystal clear on this forum for a while.  The existing mini 2 thread is one of the largest and always near the top, and a bulk of comments on firmware releases have been about this. I don't think this post is going to impress anyone who wasn't impressed before, might even do the opposite.
2021-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 more, add me to the list.  Realistically, I just don't think DJI will accommodate this request.  
2021-4-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be nice. I am in.
2021-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry, I don't need it
2021-4-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 00:12
Sorry, I don't need it

Sorry Montfrooij, do you own a Smart Controller but don't think that you need Mini2 compatibility?
2021-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 4-21 02:19
Sorry Montfrooij, do you own a Smart Controller but don't think that you need Mini2 compatibility?

I don't need a smart controller, since i already have quite a lot of devices to charge and take with me all the time.
No need for another one.
So I don't need the support for M2 and the smart controller.
I would be surprised if they added this btw, since the lower end drones usually don't get support for any smart controller.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa
lvl.2
Hungary

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 02:59
I don't need a smart controller, since i already have quite a lot of devices to charge and take with me all the time.
No need for another one.

The logic of coming to the Smart Controller forum to inform people that you don't need a Smart Controller is pretty odd by itself, but your reasoning is even more bizarre. If you're using the SC you no longer need the controller for one or more of your drones, so it's not one more thing to charge.
2021-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa Posted at 4-21 05:32
The logic of coming to the Smart Controller forum to inform people that you don't need a Smart Controller is pretty odd by itself, but your reasoning is even more bizarre. If you're using the SC you no longer need the controller for one or more of your drones, so it's not one more thing to charge.

True about the charging, I was still confused with the old DJI display solution that you clipped onto the original controller, but I still have to take it with me, while I'm also having my phone that does the trick.
We can share our opinions right?!?
2021-4-21
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa Posted at 4-21 05:32
The logic of coming to the Smart Controller forum to inform people that you don't need a Smart Controller is pretty odd by itself, but your reasoning is even more bizarre. If you're using the SC you no longer need the controller for one or more of your drones, so it's not one more thing to charge.

Exactly right! I use one "sc" to p fly my air 2, and zoom. So much easier than 2 remotes. Quicker to get flying, brighter screen, no phone, or tablet need, or sunshade, no cables to connect.
Btw, i also said i didnt need a sc......untill i finally bought one. Now its hard to fly without it.
2021-4-21
Use props
Bimnomercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

Considering the price of the SmartController, it is incomprehensible to have such unprofessional product maintenance from DJI. +1 for the petition
2021-4-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI will only start listening and responding; when unhappy customers stop buying their new products. But we the customers are still buying their products regardless of the poor customer care...
2021-4-21
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285807 ft
  • >>>
Austria

+1 from me
2021-4-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

+1 for the petition
2021-4-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 02:59
No need for another one.

With the "dumb"controller you have to charge every controller for each drone you have, plus you have to charge your mobile device.... (possibly you willl also have to carry the cables and chargers) so I can't see the logic in this argument
2021-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

ro_flyer Posted at 4-22 05:49
With the "dumb"controller you have to charge every controller for each drone you have, plus you have to charge your mobile device.... (possibly you willl also have to carry the cables and chargers) so I can't see the logic in this argument

Forget the charging part.
That was more for the crystalsky thing where you needed both the regular controller and the screen.
In this case it makes no difference indeed.
Other than adding yet another gadget to the list
2021-4-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 4-22 06:23
Forget the charging part.
That was more for the crystalsky thing where you needed both the regular controller and the screen.
In this case it makes no difference indeed.

2021-4-25
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kind of hard to explain to people who haven't been using the Smart Controller how much better it is, compared to having to fiddle with different remotes and phones/tablets. Imagine telling a guy who has never used a camera drone what he is missing??? He'll probably tell you he has no problem with hiring a helicopter and taking his camcorder with him...
2021-4-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 4-25 15:03
Kind of hard to explain to people who haven't been using the Smart Controller how much better it is, compared to having to fiddle with different remotes and phones/tablets. Imagine telling a guy who has never used a camera drone what he is missing??? He'll probably tell you he has no problem with hiring a helicopter and taking his camcorder with him...

Nice analogy!
Only one problem.
Now I want one too
2021-4-25
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

This thread is irrelvent...   The Latest Firmware which came out the same day as this thread, ADDS Mini 2 compatibility to the RC-N1 Smart Controller!
2021-4-25
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 4-25 23:16
Nice analogy!
Only one problem.
Now I want one too

LOLLLL, it's only a bonus not a MUST. The mini2 is awesome even without smart controller support.
2021-4-26
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PhasedSpaces Posted at 4-25 23:35
This thread is irrelvent...   The Latest Firmware which came out the same day as this thread, ADDS Mini 2 compatibility to the RC-N1 Smart Controller!

Are you sure about this? Sadly, I don't think you are correct. The last Smart Controller (SC) firmware update still does not support the DJI Mini 2 on the SC. Instead they added support for DJI Mavic Air 2s and the Mavic 2 Enterprise drones.

You can see the changes in the last Smart Controller update in the official DJI thread here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240286

It does NOT mention DJI Mini 2!

Btw, +1 from me for adding support to the Smart Controller for the DJI Mini 2. I really hope that it gets added ASAP.

2021-4-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 4-26 01:03
LOLLLL, it's only a bonus not a MUST. The mini2 is awesome even without smart controller support.

Totally agree!
2021-4-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matite Posted at 4-26 18:57
Are you sure about this? Sadly, I don't think you are correct. The last Smart Controller (SC) firmware update still does not support the DJI Mini 2 on the SC. Instead they added support for DJI Mavic Air 2s and the Mavic 2 Enterprise drones.

You can see the changes in the last Smart Controller update in the official DJI thread here:

Quite obviously the bloke also doesn't have a Smart Controller mate
2021-4-27
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 4-27 13:00
Quite obviously the bloke also doesn't have a Smart Controller mate

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case but at the same time it was one of the last posts in this thread when I posted and I thought maybe I had missed something that he knew about.

2021-4-27
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Matite Posted at 4-27 15:35
Yeah, I thought that was probably the case but at the same time it was one of the last posts in this thread when I posted and I thought maybe I had missed something that he knew about.

NEW Firmware for Mini 2  dated the 15th April 2021 ..

QUOTE:
"What’s New?
Added support to switch between DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mini 2 when using RC-N1 remote controller."

The RC-N1 IS the Smart Controller?  Yes? Thus the Mini 2 has definitely been made compatible with its latest firmware, thus an update for the controller to recognise the Mini 2 WILL be imminently available. - Otherwise why bother making the Mini 2's firmware compatible.
So stress not.  The topic of ths thread has been already answered, or is in the works.
2021-4-28
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

I'm not a mini 2 owner (yet) but I would be if DJI added Smart Controller support for it.
2021-4-28
Use props
fans881a4421
lvl.1

Russia

Nice idea. I am in.
2021-4-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

PhasedSpaces Posted at 4-28 08:02
NEW Firmware for Mini 2  dated the 15th April 2021 ..

QUOTE:

No the RC-N1 is the standard controller that comes with your Air 2, Air 2s or Mini 2.

Those can all be used on the same standard controller, not on the SC.

The SC is a different controller, only compatible with Air 2, Air 2s, Mavic 2 pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 enterprise and Phantom 4 vers.2.
Or every DJI drone that uses Occusync 2 or 3, ...  well, except the Mini 2.
2021-4-29
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft
Germany

+1 from me
2021-5-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Has anyone noticed that there is not a single reply here from a DJI staff member, further proof that these 'petitions' do not work at all.
2021-5-1
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mini 2, MA2 and now Air 2s.  I want to be able to use 1 controller on all of my DJI drones!
ADD THE MINI 2 TO THE SMART CONTROLLER!
2021-5-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 5-1 15:09
Has anyone noticed that there is not a single reply here from a DJI staff member, further proof that these 'petitions' do not work at all.

And since when any reply from a DJI staff member is useful at all? Most of them are copy and paste useless answers. Only we, the users of this forum< actualy help each other...

So don't stay awake waiting for some DJI Staff member give a useful answer on this topic.... but at least we can show our discontentment.... who knows....
2021-5-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules