7198 14 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Air 2S obstacle avoidance system .  

Something is probably not working as it should, see for yourself - 8:49 and 9:42.

2021-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Those were dry thin branches so would be a little difficult to pick up.
2021-4-15
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

Suren Posted at 4-15 11:15

Yes, and did you see how Skydio 2 is doing? DJI still has a lot of catching up to do.

2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Skydio is specifically oriented as an autonomous drone while DJI drones are more like flying tripods. Air2s doesn't even have stereoscopic vision on the side, and for example I use to fly sideways a lot (the chopper like point of view you get is fun).

Sensors will help you avoid crashes when flying, but don't expect the Skydio performance or you'll end up crashing the drone.
2021-4-15
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-15 11:35
Skydio is specifically oriented as an autonomous drone while DJI drones are more like flying tripods. Air2s doesn't even have stereoscopic vision on the side, and for example I use to fly sideways a lot (the chopper like point of view you get is fun).

Sensors will help you avoid crashes when flying, but don't expect the Skydio performance or you'll end up crashing the drone.

... but it has sensors at the front, even an additional 2 ... but they probably work poorly ...
2021-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

vg1 Posted at 4-15 11:21
Yes, and did you see how Skydio 2 is doing? DJI still has a lot of catching up to do.

Yes I saw this video but if you compare the skydio to Dji, the Skydio is made for tracking purposes and it does not have the long flight time, long flight ranges, stable connection, video/photo modes etc that Dji have
2021-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

vg1 Posted at 4-15 11:40
... but it has sensors at the front, even an additional 2 ... but they probably work poorly ...

Watch from 11 minutes

2021-4-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 4-15 11:15

Ray's review tells me everything I need to know about Active Track 4.0. It's still way behind Skydio 2 in this area. I'm not saying it's a bad drone. Given what I've seen in the video (and DJI's response), I find no reason to upgrade my Mavic Air 2 just for the Active Track (which was one of the major reasons I got the Air 2). AT 4.0 looks to be a teeny incremental update. Definitely not worth $1,000 alone. Such a shame. I had high hopes that they'd leap over Skydio with this release.

Do these look like dry thin branches? It's a whole tree.

2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 4-15 11:21

Skydio has a lot of catchup up to do as well,  like selling their products outside the USA.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

vg1 Posted at 4-15 11:40

You seem to spend your time knocking all dji drones, yet they are rated the best consumer Drones and professional, certainly best selling drones, djis obstacle avoidence is exceptional and has saved many, but they’re many out there only in a hurry to show extreme incidences where there is a failure or where a battery goes on fire , these are few and far between and many staged “usually after new releases” we’ve all seen the sort of ridiculous stuff that goes on.

Drones fail crash get lost all drones including skydio, but fact dji drones work a lot better than all other drones and thats why people buy them.
2021-4-16
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 06:05
You seem to spend your time knocking all dji drones, yet they are rated the best consumer Drones and professional, certainly best selling drones, djis obstacle avoidence is exceptional and has saved many, but they’re many out there only in a hurry to show extreme incidences where there is a failure or where a battery goes on fire , these are few and far between and many staged “usually after new releases” we’ve all seen the sort of ridiculous stuff that goes on.

Drones fail crash get lost all drones including skydio, but fact dji drones work a lot better than all other drones and thats why people buy them.

I appreciate you always defending anything that has the DJI mark, but sometimes it's worth judging more objectively.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I only defend when I know it’s right, I have many complaints that were plausible and not made up rubbish and I have seen all the cons that tend to come around when new releases . One thing is for certain those not interested in buying always have a lot more to complain about which is strange when they have no intention, being proactive or positive is not something to be embarrassed or ashamed of.
2021-4-16
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

vg1 Posted at 4-16 11:09
I appreciate you always defending anything that has the DJI mark, but sometimes it's worth judging more objectively.

You not pay 1000 for tracking but for better cam, better distance and some more
2021-4-16
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

RE: Air 2S obstacle avoidance system :)

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-16 13:35
You not pay 1000 for tracking but for better cam, better distance and some more

Maybe it is worth adding that the Air 2S does not have long exposure times, but only 1/30 second. Air 2 is 8 seconds long. Maybe it's a specification error? Can someone verify this?
2021-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now