5.00% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-4-15
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

No. I will buy when it has the C1 marking.
2021-4-15
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Nope no further aircraft until classification is being applied it was bad enough the Air released without it then the debacle about refit not to mention DJI stating the Air would be made compliant. My Air & mini will suffice until we get C0-C4 marking proper.
2021-4-15
Use props
Bill Adama
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515190 ft
United Kingdom

No, the restrictions under A3 flying mean that in a year and a half this drone will only be usable >150m from buildings and not to be used anywhere where the pilot might expect people to be.

Unless DJI can explain why the air 2s isn’t currently certified and hopefully give a possible option to get it ‘stamped’ at a later date this year - sadly have to give it a miss.

Shame as have the money eagerly sat waiting for this drone.
2021-4-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I already bought it... is a nice upgrade from my Mini 2 and I already have the A1/A3, A2 and STS certificates.

We'll see what happens in the future, but still a long time till 2023 and I fly almost every day. Maybe I pick up a M3 in the future, maybe I stick to my Air 2S, maybe drones are banned from the skies because potatoes... who knows, I just know that I'll enjoy it a lot ^_^

I'll keep my Mini 2 anyways, wich can fly virtually anywhere.
2021-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It does have a CE mark, if it didn’t you wouldn’t be allowed sell it anywhere in Europe. And in UK it will have UKCA marking. Maybe change your OP to “C” marking which is not available yet ...
2021-4-15
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

The OP's nomenclature is indeed incorrect - it's not about a CE mark. But I think most appreciate when they were getting at. £1200 on a fly more air 2s without C rating now would be daft for me - both financially and for sustainability. Accidents aside we should be expecting to make our toys last longer than that from a sustainability perspective and  it's already needlessly very restrictive for the vast majority of us without the additional licence.
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill Adama Posted at 4-15 11:43
No, the restrictions under A3 flying mean that in a year and a half this drone will only be usable >150m from buildings and not to be used anywhere where the pilot might expect people to be.

Unless DJI can explain why the air 2s isn’t currently certified and hopefully give a possible option to get it ‘stamped’ at a later date this year - sadly have to give it a miss.

The EU has yet to get its act together, they have yet to fully publish the legislation and until they do, there will be no CE classified drones from any manufacture.
2021-4-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have now change CE to C you were quite correct. Brain fart I am afraid
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No drone has as the EU have yet to get their act together!
2021-4-15
Use props
atomic77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

I know there are no drones with Cx class yet, but I could expect a promise from DJI it will have such retroactively (which is now possible), or they will just try.
The only DJI statement I can find is something like "our drones will be still flyable in A3, which will be a little or any disadvantage".
Air 2s value will quickly drop in EU, I think it will be hard to resell it in 1-2 years. That's why I was using "Air1" and waited for MA2 successor. Now, when A2s is even more expensive, and still no words about EASA category, i'm even more concerned and I'm more thinking of buying second hand M2P (which is getting cheaper now, has SDK and advanced functionality, like waypoints in third party apps, and it won't have class too, A2/A3 now,  so no diffenence at all.)
And, AFAIK there will be no certification authority, it will simply be the manufacturer's declaration by placing a Cx mark, like with other CE declarations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2021-4-15
Use props
fansbc2fd972
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1022451 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm not going to buy this drone. I prefer to invest the money in my camera equipment. Without the Cx certification, this drone is unusable for me in Germany.
2021-4-15
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 21:07
Hello there Bigplumbs. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots located in UK or EU can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you and please stay safe always.

guess you've got enough of 'insights' through the year after release of Air2 and tonnes of posts with complains about no Class markings. Now, history repeats itself, DJI released 'legacy' drone and no clarification whats gonna happen next. As far as I remember you've promised to get it sorted with Air2 but no signs of anything
2021-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No C marking = no purchase from me.
2021-4-15
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

Bill Adama Posted at 4-15 11:43
No, the restrictions under A3 flying mean that in a year and a half this drone will only be usable >150m from buildings and not to be used anywhere where the pilot might expect people to be.

The restrictions have been in effect since January 1st, 2021!

2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

Definitely I won't buy the part without classification. I am really disappointed because I really hoped the new drone would be classified.

2021-4-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Until (i) EASA get its act together and open the certification process OR extend the deadline and (ii) DJI confirm he drones *WILL* be certified then no.

A3 is limiting to the extent its near useless for daily purposes.
Operating in A2 is fine but no point spending money on a drone that will only be able to operate in this category for 18 months before going to the useless A3.

Its too much money to spend for 18 months  of use.
2021-4-16
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

Not sure...
Able to get a CE class identification label retroactively? See the FAQs:
https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... u-drone-regulations
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

atomic77 Posted at 4-15 21:18
I know there are no drones with Cx class yet, but I could expect a promise from DJI it will have such retroactively (which is now possible), or they will just try.
The only DJI statement I can find is something like "our drones will be still flyable in A3, which will be a little or any disadvantage".
Air 2s value will quickly drop in EU, I think it will be hard to resell it in 1-2 years. That's why I was using "Air1" and waited for MA2 successor. Now, when A2s is even more expensive, and still no words about EASA category, i'm even more concerned and I'm more thinking of buying second hand M2P (which is getting cheaper now, has SDK and advanced functionality, like waypoints in third party apps, and it won't have class too, A2/A3 now,  so no diffenence at all.)

I’m not sure you can promise something unless it’s completely nailed down, but dji have posted on this platform that their mavic air2 will comply with EASA regulations and i don’t believe they will or can say anymore, but it’s certainly not in their long term interest to say such a thing if its not true.
I can also say I've just sold my mavic air 2 for a very fair price to Europes leading camera trading company, although many ridiculed others for buying it and telling them they would never get to use it or re sell it on, oh how some love to scaremonger and this will be exactly the same with this drone. If you dont want dont buy it but dont be concerned for those who will buy enjoy capture lots of great photography and sell on when and if they want. We've been going through some really tough times the C category is the least of our worries. Enjoy your time now while you still have it.
2021-4-16
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2021-4-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 4-15 22:18
guess you've got enough of 'insights' through the year after release of Air2 and tonnes of posts with complains about no Class markings. Now, history repeats itself, DJI released 'legacy' drone and no clarification whats gonna happen next. As far as I remember you've promised to get it sorted with Air2 but no signs of anything

They will of course release a very similar drone when the time comes with a C mark and get loads of people to buy that. It is a marketing heaven for them...... Good old DJI just like Apple know how to rip people off and yet they keep coming back and giving them their money.... They/We will never learn
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-16 03:47
They will of course release a very similar drone when the time comes with a C mark and get loads of people to buy that. It is a marketing heaven for them...... Good old DJI just like Apple know how to rip people off and yet they keep coming back and giving them their money.... They/We will never learn

Or maybe they simply enjoy the products and what it gives them. People buy stuff for all sorts of reasons but very rarely do people buy anything ”they” think is not worth the purchase, new tech is a draw for lots of people and if they are having fun buying using and enjoying it its usually good value for their money. This Air2S is a big upgrade from air2 I’m certain people will love and enjoy it and thats what its all about..
2021-4-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 03:59
Or maybe they simply enjoy the products and what it gives them. People buy stuff for all sorts of reasons but very rarely do people buy anything ”they” think is not worth the purchase, new tech is a draw for lots of people and if they are having fun buying using and enjoying it its usually good value for their money. This Air2S is a big upgrade from air2 I’m certain people will love and enjoy it and thats what its all about..

I agree with the first bit but not about the Big Upgrade.... All you are getting is a more powerful camera when the one you have is way more than most will ever use or want.

5.4 k is just a mine is bigger than yours situation
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 03:59

I agree with you. The built-in technology is great and you can certainly enjoy it. But if you look at where you can fly with an unclassified drone - if you want to stick to the rules, then the fun is over quickly.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Drohni Posted at 4-16 07:51
I agree with you. The built-in technology is great and you can certainly enjoy it. But if you look at where you can fly with an unclassified drone - if you want to stick to the rules, then the fun is over quickly.

Yes but this is a case of your glass half full or half empty, there are as many hopeful signs from dji that both these air drones will comply and can be retro actively by FW or HW fitted with anything they might need, also it will be another 20 months before this matter arises and most people will move on from this drone or have crashed gotten fed up or sold it. But dji have been in close contact all through this mess with EASA so I’m confident this will not be any kind of disaster for any drone user.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-16 07:40
I agree with the first bit but not about the Big Upgrade.... All you are getting is a more powerful camera when the one you have is way more than most will ever use or want.

5.4 k is just a mine is bigger than yours situation

Do women need a new pair of shoes every time they attend a new function, “probably not” but I wouldn’t deny them the feeling they get from having and wearing their new shoes. :+)
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 08:05
Yes but this is a case of your glass half full or half empty, there are as many hopeful signs from dji that both these air drones will comply and can be retro actively by FW or HW fitted with anything they might need, also it will be another 20 months before this matter arises and most people will move on from this drone or have crashed gotten fed up or sold it. But dji have been in close contact all through this mess with EASA so I’m confident this will not be any kind of disaster for any drone user.

If you want to adhere to the rules that have now been in effect (since January 1st, 2021), you can only fly with the Air 2s in sub-category A3. That means among other things: "be conducted in an area where the remote pilot reasonably expects that no uninvolved person will be endangered within the range where the unmanned aircraft is flown during the entire time of the UAS operation;" (COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2019/947 Site 62)
At least in Germany this means that you can hardly fly anywhere anymore, as you have to expect people to appear more or less everywhere.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Drohni Posted at 4-16 08:19
If you want to adhere to the rules that have now been in effect (since January 1st, 2021), you can only fly with the Air 2s in sub-category A3. That means among other things: "be conducted in an area where the remote pilot reasonably expects that no uninvolved person will be endangered within the range where the unmanned aircraft is flown during the entire time of the UAS operation;" (COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2019/947 Site 62)
At least in Germany this means that you can hardly fly anywhere anymore, as you have to expect people to appear more or less everywhere.

Those rules dont come into effect until December 31 2022
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 08:35
Those rules dont come into effect until December 31 2022

That is absolutely not right. The restrictions apply from 01.01.2021 to all drones without classification. In a transition period until 2023, drones such as the Air 2s can still be flown in A2 with additional training (in Germany at least € 285). But then only in A3. Since this is an EU regulation, I do not assume that other rules apply in Ireland. But I can certainly be wrong.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Drohni Posted at 4-16 08:53
That is absolutely not right. The restrictions apply from 01.01.2021 to all drones without classification. In a transition period until 2023, drones such as the Air 2s can still be flown in A2 with additional training (in Germany at least € 285). But then only in A3. Since this is an EU regulation, I do not assume that other rules apply in Ireland. But I can certainly be wrong.

Read post 19 link it explains all .
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 09:12

Well, if you'd rather believe DJI. I prefer to stick to the relevant authorities. And on the website of the Federal Aviation Office in Germany you can read that unclassified drones are only allowed to fly to A3 (or A2). Apart from that, the question of the subsequent classification is clearly answered with no. Unfortunately the explanations are only in German. https://www.lba.de/DE/Betrieb/Unbemannte_Luftfahrtsysteme/FAQ/04_FAQ_Zertifizierung_UAS/FAQ_node.html
2021-4-16
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 09:12

Indeed it does. And it states as Drohni said:
This particular issue has beenclearly addressed by EASA in reference to article 22 of EU regulation 2019/947, where it is clear that there is a transition period for drones without CE class identification labels to continue to be flown in the Open Limited Category.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WernerD Posted at 4-16 09:42
Indeed it does. And it states as Drohni said:
This particular issue has beenclearly addressed by EASA in reference to article 22 of EU regulation 2019/947, where it is clear that there is a transition period for drones without CE class identification labels to continue to be flown in the Open Limited Category.

But what drones do you know that are any different ?
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 09:50
But what drones do you know that are any different ?

Granted, not a single drone is classified. But DJI is the market leader and has known the guidelines for years. And now to publish a new, unclassified drone in the knowledge of this legal  situation is funny. If this is possibly due to a lack of specifications, the DJI could communicate clearly.
In order not to be misunderstood, I think the drone is awesome and would buy it right away.
But under the current conditions in Germany, if I want to abide by the law, I can no longer really use it.
And that actually applies in all EU countries.

2021-4-16
Use props
wictor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79436 ft

Germany

Drohni Posted at 4-16 09:54
Granted, not a single drone is classified. But DJI is the market leader and has known the guidelines for years. And now to publish a new, unclassified drone in the knowledge of this legal  situation is funny. If this is possibly due to a lack of specifications, the DJI could communicate clearly.
In order not to be misunderstood, I think the drone is awesome and would buy it right away.
But under the current conditions in Germany, if I want to abide by the law, I can no longer really use it.

I fully agree. That's a no buy for me for the stated reasons. A 1299€ drone is quite an investment which shouldn't become obsolete in less than 18 months.
2021-4-16
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

You are 100% right , but you will not convince some people anyway ..
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you saying those that want to fly the drone should be deprived because EASA can’t get their act together. When Air2 first released the same discussion came up, but only those who didn’t purchase lost out. There is way to much hysteria around this, maybe we wait and see when the first person is caught and sent to prison for flying his drone in a safe manner.
2021-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vg1 Posted at 4-16 11:24
You are 100% right , but you will not convince some people anyway ..

I’m not sure whether to congratulate or commiserate with you, you seem over the moon to spread doom and gloom. But have never anything positive to add, look around so many drone enthusiasts flying quite happily and the sky is still up there.
2021-4-16
Use props
Drohni
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-16 11:30
Are you saying those that want to fly the drone should be deprived because EASA can’t get their act together. When Air2 first released the same discussion came up, but only those who didn’t purchase lost out. There is way to much hysteria around this, maybe we wait and see when the first person is caught and sent to prison for flying his drone in a safe manner.

Well, everyone should be happy. It will just become more and more difficult for everyone to pursue the hobby if everyone thinks that you don't have to follow the rules. Ok, this is only a problem for those who want to adhere to the law. Everyone else does what they want anyway until there is a complete ban.
2021-4-16
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Drohni Posted at 4-16 12:11
Well, everyone should be happy. It will just become more and more difficult for everyone to pursue the hobby if everyone thinks that you don't have to follow the rules. Ok, this is only a problem for those who want to adhere to the law. Everyone else does what they want anyway until there is a complete ban.

This is exactly where the problem lies.
2021-4-16
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules